Jiggle-Free July, Abmazing Aug & Slimmer September

Options

Replies

• ilemosenji
    Options
    Thanks! I look very forward to this! I will look for the invitation. :)
  • FitterBody
    FitterBody Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    cardbucfan: No problem. Detail can be good! :laugh:
  • hncall01
    hncall01 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I really love this idea! I would love to be apart of this and gain some great friends out of it all.
    I gained a lot after my relationship ended a couple years ago and just felt like I never had a reason to get myself back together and I just kind of let myself go. So now, my main goal is to get back to where I was when I was happy and felt good about myself.
    I guess if I'm doing 10% of my weight would be at 21 or 22 lbs for this challenge. So, here is to a slow but steady start and keeping myself on the right track!! I would love to have some encouraging friends on here as well!! Add me if you would like! =]
  • FitterBody
    Options
    ilemosenji: You are welcome.
  • tj3075
    tj3075 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would like to give this a try...
  • FitterBody
    Options
    hncall01: 22 lbs in 12 weeks is a lot for most people, but does depend on how much you have to lose. As you get lighter it is harder to lose quickly, and it is safer to lose slowly. If you are the kind of person who may lose motivation if you fail to meet a goal, especially if you may not have a huge amount to lose, then maybe you might think about looking more towards 0.5 to 1.0 lbs a week so that would be 6 to 12 lbs over the challenge period. Succeeding at the challenge to re-motivate you to repeat the experience and make it habitual is more important than setting a big goal to meet. And hey, if you meet the goal early then you can still keep losing more in the remaining challenge weeks so a smaller goal is really a win-win for you. This is not a race, it is an attempt to help build better habits so that instead of repeatedly failing, you repeat the successful mini-goal process over and over to successfully get to the ultimate bigger goals! You know what will be best for you so 6 lb, 22 lb, or whatever you choose to set, make sure it is achievable! :happy:
  • FitterBody
    Options
    tj3075: Welcome. Let's turn that try into a success together! :bigsmile:
  • FitterBody
    Options
    OK, Group invitations sent out to all above this post! Great to have you on board! :love: We can do this!
  • FitterBody
    Options
    Anyone else interested is welcome, so post away and you will be added later. :happy:
  • jillebee44
    jillebee44 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am DEFINITELY interested considering I am coming back from an injury. I have been seeing groups where there are specifics to be done in order to "count" for the group. Is this going to be that type of group? I just don't want to be held to a standard, where I am slow and easy back into things. If there will be specifics will there be less intense options or modified versions?

My goal will be about 10-15lbs in the 12 weeks.
  • cbeanies
    cbeanies Posts: 91
    Options
    I'm interested in joining too.
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Hey sophiegrace54 !!

We would be happy to have you in the group!! I agree with you, a "light" challenge allows us to focus on weight loss AND still enjoy life a bit. making it more of a "lifestyle challenge" and less of a diet! Plus we are more likely to maintain it if we do it at a reasonable pace. Did you get the invite?? If not , I'll add you to the group today!
    This sound great!
    I like the idea of a lower goal (mine would be about 9lbs if we're going by 5% body fat) because it will keep me up-beat and motivated, especially over the summer months which is when I often indulge a bit more than usual due to holidays, parties, BBQs hahaha :)

cbeanies - I'll send you an invite!! We look forward to all interested motivated people who are looking to GET inspiration and BE an inspiration!! :-D

jillebee44 YAYYYY!!! WE can recover from our injures together! I'm not saying I'm happy you're injured but I AM happy we can recuperate together! :-D

tj3075 Hey there!! Did you get an invite?? If not I'll get you now! FB and I are tag-teaming this... so if we missed anyone just let us know :-D
  • gonabfit
    Options
    hncall01 - Hey!! I will add you now :-D I'm sending out official invites now!
    I really love this idea! I would love to be apart of this and gain some great friends out of it all.
    I gained a lot after my relationship ended a couple years ago and just felt like I never had a reason to get myself back together and I just kind of let myself go. So now, my main goal is to get back to where I was when I was happy and felt good about myself.
    I guess if I'm doing 10% of my weight would be at 21 or 22 lbs for this challenge. So, here is to a slow but steady start and keeping myself on the right track!! I would love to have some encouraging friends on here as well!! Add me if you would like! =]

You can all fee free to add me as a friend if you want to see my daily updates and other shenanigans! :-D

Ok, so here is the list of people I am inviting right now.

sophiegrace54
    cbeanies
    jillebee44
    tj3075
    awood2785
    cardbucfan
    CarlaMomOf4
    ilemosenji

hncall01

If your name is not on that list, and you are interested, let me know!! The group will be open until Next Thursday! :-D July 10- and then the real fun begins!!

"Be Encouraged and then BE an encouragement to others"
  • gonabfit
    Options
    Quick update! I had trouble adding sparkleliones and sophiegrace54... MFP says these are invalid names?? I'm not sure why! Maybe try sending an email to MFP to see why they are saying you don't exist! :)

Hope to have you in the group soon!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! I will post in the group thread tomorrow my goals. I'm so glad this isn't a militant challenge-I don't do well with those. I'm 5-10 lbs from my goal so know the weight loss will be modest but I need to really get a handle on my food!
  • gonabfit
    Options
    No worries Cardbuc, I don't do well with militant! I revolt! hahaha :-D

See you when you weigh in.

Be motivated then motivate others!
  • FitterBody
    Options
    Gona,

Problem is probably that you used the name displayed under the profile pic on posts above. If the name is long, MFP abbreviates the name by cutting off the extra letters. You need to open their profile page to get the full name.

Sparklelioness (ends with 2 "S"'s)
    sophiegrace543 (ends with a "3")

I added both last night. :-)

This should be fun!
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of holidays in July & August, so I'd like something to keep me on track and stop me using holiday pounds as an excuse to give up for a month! :smile:
  • Flourisher
    Flourisher Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm up for this. When do we start.
  • FitterBody
    Options
    Saree1902: Invitation sent.

Flourisher: Invitation sent.