Help fat and depressed

Options
1235»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds like I am making excuses but weekend I am checking recipes and doing a big shop and chucking all bad things out , thanks for your support I am going to need it x

Is this the same approach you tried with previous attempts at this?

If so, may I suggest a different approach this time?

Read through the links provided. There is another way that you may find works better for you. It has for many others.
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    All the best! You are worth looking after! It has taken me a very long time to decide that I am valuable to me and my family and that I need to treat myself with the respect I deserve, I see that you are making the same choice! Awesome! I am cheering for you.
  • LSinVA
    LSinVA Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I get it OP. I have felt the same way you are now for too long. I started at the middle of May because I'd just had enough. Start today. It's not that hard. Small adjustments, one pound at a time. There are people on here that have lost a whole person and stuck with it. It's an amazing thing! Don't get down on yourself, we've all made mistakes.
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I also don't think of it as a "Diet" but a life style change for the better. I'm 42 weighed 265lbs at the beginning of February this year and now at 195ish pounds. My goal is 160lbs. I weigh my food and track it daily, run 5k daily and now starting to bike also daily, depending on my old bones LOL. Add me if any of you would like. GOOD LUCK 8)
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I am actually crying , thank you all for supporting and motivating me, thank you for caring to take the time, I am starting NOW X

Wow girl. ..look at you! Already taking a step towards the healthier you! You can do it! Definitely read the links provided. :flowerforyou:
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say real quick! What really helped me to stick with it this time around was logging everything. IF I don't log, I'm more likely to cheat, I hate seeing my calories go into the RED on MFP.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds like I am making excuses but weekend I am checking recipes and doing a big shop and chucking all bad things out , thanks for your support I am going to need it x

I am really impressed with your desire to get better. We are all behind you.
    I am sending a friend request.

One thing however... and this is important...

To eat less calories you don't need to check any recipes...

Set a good level of calories and eat at that. You will probably find you eat a lot simpler.

Keep reading all the posts... and if they sound harsh and or curt... read them again.. there is usually truth written by someone who has "been threre"

You can do this! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the party....FR being sent now

Past is done. The future will be here soon enough. What you have to do is focus on today & today only. Its all we have to work with, my friend.

I woulda been dead in 5 years if I made this commitment. All signs were pointing that way.

Just a few things the MFP tribe and common sense has taught me:

1) This is a thing you DO, not a definition of who you ARE. Just like laundry. Take the emotion out of it wherever possible. I cannot stress this enough.

2) My approach? This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. So there is no finite number of days that I am trying to get to. I will be logging in and logging food for the rest of my life, because:

a) This program works
    b) I don't want to die young and I was headed that direction

3) Try to remember - We are the results of the choices we make every day, whether those choices are good or bad. Make as many good choices as you can, and the ship will stay steady. At the end of the day, we are the man in the mirror. We are accountable to ourselves and no one else. We cabnhelp you with getting there, but the doing is up to you.

Cal tracking is considered a good choice (whether boring or not) because it tells you where you really are (just like your check register tells you your balance) - remember to be honest with yourself all the time. Ultimately, you will achieve that which you are seeking much sooner.

Fsunami
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Well first time I have been on the scales in over a year , bloody battery had gone, found a new one 223.6 lb have now logged it. I will get lighter every day x

AND NOW YOUVE TAKEN THE 1st STEP - WE'LL HELP WITH THE REST. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You can do this kid.
    Heck if I can... anyone can!
  • SynDiet13
    SynDiet13 Posts: 10
    Options
    Over the weekend just walk or do a video on youtube maybe plan out a diet...Its easier to go to step 3 if you already at step 2...
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I send you a request you can do this! This is a great place to be!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    This is what this site is about, helping, encouraging, and sometimes hard truth said nicely (and some not so nice, ignore those). Good luck with your health