Chicks be like "Lifting heavy weights makes me get bulky"

Options
Lofteren
Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
Here's a video of some girls who move some serious weight and look good doing it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTRj_5Zxds4

Replies

• frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've had women compliment my arms and ask what I did to get them. I say I lift. A lot. They reply "oh, I don't want to bulk up."

;asldkjfldsjafds!! :explode:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I'm having serious gym envy!
  • texasbeu2y
    texasbeu2y Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yesss....I think I'm going to the gym early today now!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I've had women compliment my arms and ask what I did to get them. I say I lift. A lot. They reply "oh, I don't want to bulk up."

Same here, and I just don't get it!

If you ask what somebody does because you like their body/results/whatever and then they tell you, what makes you think you're going to get completely different results?! I realise that individual results vary quite a bit but if you think you're so different and prone to bulking up so damn easily, why bother asking in the first place?
  • derik999
    derik999 Posts: 73
    Options
    Without steroids women can't naturally produce the amount of testosterone needed to "bulk up" like men do. It's too bad weight training and its variants were maligned when it came to female fitness in the past.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I need to get some breast implants so I don't have to go down so far on my bench press.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I need to get some breast implants so I don't have to go down so far on my bench press.

I've had the same thought sometimes!
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Here's a video of some girls who move some serious weight and look good doing it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTRj_5Zxds4

Gonna toss this around facebook a bit... I've tried telling some female friends not to worry about "bulking up", this might finally convince them that I'm right.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Going to watch later. Sounds good.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Good stuff J.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options

If you ask what somebody does because you like their body/results/whatever and then they tell you, what makes you think you're going to get completely different results?! I realise that individual results vary quite a bit but if you think you're so different and prone to bulking up so damn easily, why bother asking in the first place?

Here's basically how it happens. They see your guns and think, "those look nice, I'll ask her what she did to get them". Then they ask you and you say, "Lift heavy weights regularly" only they don't hear it that way. What they hear is, "You have to work and it's going to be strenuous and difficult" when what they were hoping to hear is, "lift tiny, tiny weights. The tiniest ones you can find, and do your Jane Fonda videos and you'll get shredded". Once they realize that your advice doesn't coincide with what they were hoping you would say, they immediately come up with an excuse, "Oh, well I don't wanna get really buff like a man" so that they don't have to tell themselves the truth which is, "I'm lazy". They are just using self-deception to protect themselves from having to admit that they are too lazy to build an impressive set of arms. If they really did want to build an impressive physique they would take your advice and move toward the "big dumbbell" end of the rack.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Impressive women!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    My experience is different. People ask me how I am so fit. I tell them I lift heavy weights. They say, Wow, you look so small. Then they ask if I will teach them or give them info.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options

Here's basically how it happens. They see your guns and think, "those look nice, I'll ask her what she did to get them". Then they ask you and you say, "Lift heavy weights regularly" only they don't hear it that way. What they hear is, "You have to work and it's going to be strenuous and difficult" when what they were hoping to hear is, "lift tiny, tiny weights. The tiniest ones you can find, and do your Jane Fonda videos and you'll get shredded". Once they realize that your advice doesn't coincide with what they were hoping you would say, they immediately come up with an excuse, "Oh, well I don't wanna get really buff like a man" so that they don't have to tell themselves the truth which is, "I'm lazy". They are just using self-deception to protect themselves from having to admit that they are too lazy to build an impressive set of arms. If they really did want to build an impressive physique they would take your advice and move toward the "big dumbbell" end of the rack.

Haha that wouldn't surprise me actually. People are more than willing to try out fad diets, quick fixes and simple exercises they can do in 10 minutes a day while watching TV, hoping that's all it'll take and they'll have an amazing body. Doesn't work like that!
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that thinks some of them could lower the weight and improve their form? I am definitely impressed by what they are doing just don't want people injuring themselves.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options
    Am I the only one that thinks some of them could lower the weight and improve their form? I am definitely impressed by what they are doing just don't want people injuring themselves.

Yea, we don't want people doing 1 rep max lifts. Too dangerous . . .
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options

I just saw a few issues with form is all. I didn't say there was anything wrong with them testing their limits. I just don't think form should be sacrificed. Maybe that's just me... shrugs.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

I just saw a few issues with form is all. I didn't say there was anything wrong with them testing their limits. I just don't think form should be sacrificed. Maybe that's just me... shrugs.

lol
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Haha, I don't do heavy lifting (no access to weights :( sadly) but I do push-ups and that makes my arms muscular. I have friends who'll poke or pat me randomly and go, "WHOA YOU HAVE ABS!" or "WHOA YOU HAVE ARM MUSCLE!" xD
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

When you're pushing the bleeding edge of your limits, something not being a little off is incredibly rare.