Do you believe in strictly Calories In - Calories Out?

Options

Replies

• 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    http://thecaloriemythbook.com/medicalreviews/

Is still your rebuttal to an actual study?

It's a ****ing blog selling an ebook. Are you really that slow?

LOLOLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24984988
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Calories in vs Calories out doesn't take into consideration hormone fluctuations (peri-menopause), water bloating, TOM etc.

I did two months of strict control, measured and weighed everything -- fitbit tracked activity, etc. I ran a -8000 cal deficit every week. According to that math I should have lost 2lbs/week on average. And after two months? Rather than losing anything, I gained a pound.

Nothing is just that simple. We are complex creatures. What works for some doesn't work for others.

I fully agree! CICO does not take into consideration the impact of hormones period. Humans do not fit a mathematical model either.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    When you all show me your scientific data that cico is fact I will show you more scientific data.

ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have...your turn.

Just curious, do you use this site to count your calories?

IT'S CALLED MYFITNESSPAL, NOT A CALORIE COUNTING SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry you don't like to be wrong, but you are LOLLLLLL!!!

"MyFitnessPal
    www.myfitnesspal.com/
    Over 50 million people have lost weight with MyFitnessPal's FREE calorie counter. Get free access to the world's largest food database. "
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

What exact point are you trying to make?
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I would just like to say, I am very proud of keto lady for participating today, without childishly calling everyone "haters" over and over.

Although I still never agree with her opinions.
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Calories in vs Calories out doesn't take into consideration hormone fluctuations (peri-menopause), water bloating, TOM etc.

I did two months of strict control, measured and weighed everything -- fitbit tracked activity, etc. I ran a -8000 cal deficit every week. According to that math I should have lost 2lbs/week on average. And after two months? Rather than losing anything, I gained a pound.

Nothing is just that simple. We are complex creatures. What works for some doesn't work for others.

I fully agree! CICO does not take into consideration the impact of hormones period. Humans do not fit a mathematical model either.

Or we just don't have a mathematical model that can account for all the variables...yet.
  • 59gi
    Options

[/quot

Yes Hormones play a big role.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    http://thecaloriemythbook.com/medicalreviews/

I can only imagine how much stuff she buys from being too gullible.

This site was too flashy for me to take seriously.

Is there another source? There are none right now.

I believe in CICO. Another think I believe in is hitting your micro nutrient numbers. If you do not health problems in the future or now that you have no symptoms to
  • AnswerzPwease
    AnswerzPwease Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Get scientific fact and show me " how a diet fool of doughnuts are good for you!"

lol - where exactly did anyone say it was good for you. Don't try and move the goal posts .

Keep posting. I like looking at your avatar.
  • 59gi
    Options

Or we just don't have a mathematical model that can account for all the variables...yet.

Our body is complicated, many factors play into our genetics and calorie is not just a calorie.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

[/quot

You haven't answered my question yet. If not by consuming less than you burn, how are you planning on losing weight?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

Our body is complicated, many factors play into our genetics and calorie is not just a calorie.
    But if you don't eat a particular calorie, it still can't make you fatter.
  • 59gi
    Options
    I would just like to say, I am very proud of keto lady for participating today, without childishly calling everyone "haters" over and over.

Thank You and yes I will not be intimidated!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Relevant figure from the 1964 metabolic study conducted by Kinsell et al.

Capture2.jpg

Alterations in macronutrient ratios made no difference on rate of weight loss over a 3 month period when subject was in a completely controlled environment. This study was done in a hospital under completely controlled conditions, subject only ate what was given to them by the study coordinators...it was not a "survey".

You asked for a study that supports CICO and I provided one. Are you going to respond to it at all or just ignore it?

A 1964 study, you can do better then this, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we dismissed everything created from 1964 or earlier does that mean we should dismiss you?

A studies age is irrelevant, many of the most heavily cited and trusted studies are from that era becaue these days it is basically impossible for ethical standards to do the kind of controlled studies with human subjects. The Minnesota starvation experiment being another example. Think we could do that to people now with current regulations?

If you have a more recent study performed for thos duration using human subjects under completely controlled conditions please provide it I would be interested.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

[/quot

I am a failed case of "calorie in and out" method but I do believe with all other factors such as hormones, fluctuation, it still has everything to do with the caloric deficit. Hormones confuse us so we can't get the number correct right away but eventually once we figure that out, it's still the number...That's just how I look at it. Having said that, I agree it's not always easy for everybody to figure it out right away...
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options

But if you don't eat a particular calorie, it still can't make you fatter.

True, but does that really matter? Isn't there room for both -- that total calories matter but so do the type of calories. They don't have to be mutually exclusive.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Please explain why calorie is not a calorie SO I can explain the real meaning because you are saying it wrong?
  • 59gi
    Options

Thank you, I'm thankful for your response.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options

Thank You and yes I will not be intimidated!

If you REALLY wanted to look even less elementary, You could cut down on your "LOLOLOLOL" responses too. Then I would really be impressed!