Your biggest fat secret.

Options

Replies

• laurahadenough
    laurahadenough Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would order a birthday cake at my favourite bakery.. even ask them to write happy birthday on it to make them think it was legit.. then take it home and eat it all myself.. oh the shame..:blushing:
  • Imataloss88
    Imataloss88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would order enough food for 2 people at the drive thru and eat 1/2 of it in the car before I got to work (or home depending on whether it was lunch or dinner). The other half I would eat like a normal person when I got to my destination. All receipts were destroyed "just in case" someone might see them.
  • kittimiss
    kittimiss Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    *Looking around to verify that there are no witnesses*......Since I am apple shaped and thus carry most of my weight around my waist, I have been asked asked about my pregnancy.....Um, but I'm not pregnant!

So a classmate of mine asked me if I was pregnant one time and because we were in a room full of people to which I did not want to admit that I was just fat....I said yes.

Ugh...the shame :sad:
  • erkerns
    erkerns Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ok this is bad... in the past I used to go buy a lot of crap (cookies, frosting, candy, etc) to binge on. Sometimes I would get grossed out and toss the remainder in the trash. One time I put it all in a plastic bag, tied it up, and threw it in the covered trash can outside. Hours later the craving hit again, so I... went back and got the plastic bag out and took it inside and ate everything!

From that point on, whenever I throw something like that away, I take it out of the packages and empty it into the trash, so the food touches coffee grounds, banana peels, etc... and I won't go back for it. Because I don't want to be that person.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I have been reading this thread inbetween tasks for the past couple of hours and have read a few "tricks" that I've tried.

My big secret, which I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned, is that I used to buy Halloween candy far too early and then have to replace the candy multiple times by Halloween. I'd sometimes eat just candy as a meal (ugh). I would also stuff wrappers way down in the trash in case anyone saw them there (or I'd take my trash to the dumpster) even though I lived alone. Sometimes if my now-husband knew I had, say, Twix, and I ate them all, I'd buy the same-size bag of Twix and eat them down enough to make it look like the same bag.

I haven't done that in about 10 years, not since my now-husband and I moved in together. Now we buy Halloween candy a few days before Halloween and do not open the bags until Halloween itself. Then if we have any candy, it's just a few pieces after we've handed out candy to all the kids, and then we take any excess to work and put it in our lobby for clients so that it's not in the house and so that I have to face people if I want candy.

On road trips (but only if I was alone) I would get McD's, then, when I was done, stop at a different McD's for a McFlurry. I'd hide the first McD's bag in case the person at the second drive-thru noticed. God bless those trash cans in the drive-thru that are at window level so you could get rid of the evidence before you picked up your subsequent order of fatty goodness!

Wait, eating all the Halloween candy, then having to buy more for the trick or treaters isn't a fat secret! My whole family does it, especially my 125 pound mom. I need to go camping for the entire month before Halloween this year, maybe that will help me not partake!

The fat secret surrounding Halloween candy is hitting the candy sales on November 1st.
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I used to get a half gallon of ice cream, eat like 3 servings then run hot water into it to get rid of it and throw it away because if I kept it I'd eat it all that day.

I also used to get sprinkled donuts and eat only the top part with the frosting.
  • daniellee725
    daniellee725 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have internal panic attacks (like, not just nerves, but legit panic attacks) before going on a new amusement park ride. I was in line for the Excellerator at Knott's Berry Farm in California, and watched multiple plus sized girls get told they were too big for the ride. I was wiping away tears as I got on it, but thankfully it just barely fit. I have, however, been turned away from a carnival ride in front of all of my friends. It's just an absolutely atrocious feeling. My boyfriend wants to go to Six Flags with me, but I refuse to until I lose weight. He doesn't understand how real that fear is for me.

Also, I have a weakness for free or unlimited food. Like, you would think that I was homeless at some point, but if I go to a place that has a catered spread, I will go back for thirds and fourths. I am a bottomless pit when I am around free food. It's awful!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I have been reading this thread inbetween tasks for the past couple of hours and have read a few "tricks" that I've tried.

My big secret, which I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned, is that I used to buy Halloween candy far too early and then have to replace the candy multiple times by Halloween. I'd sometimes eat just candy as a meal (ugh). I would also stuff wrappers way down in the trash in case anyone saw them there (or I'd take my trash to the dumpster) even though I lived alone. Sometimes if my now-husband knew I had, say, Twix, and I ate them all, I'd buy the same-size bag of Twix and eat them down enough to make it look like the same bag.

I haven't done that in about 10 years, not since my now-husband and I moved in together. Now we buy Halloween candy a few days before Halloween and do not open the bags until Halloween itself. Then if we have any candy, it's just a few pieces after we've handed out candy to all the kids, and then we take any excess to work and put it in our lobby for clients so that it's not in the house and so that I have to face people if I want candy.

On road trips (but only if I was alone) I would get McD's, then, when I was done, stop at a different McD's for a McFlurry. I'd hide the first McD's bag in case the person at the second drive-thru noticed. God bless those trash cans in the drive-thru that are at window level so you could get rid of the evidence before you picked up your subsequent order of fatty goodness!

Wait, eating all the Halloween candy, then having to buy more for the trick or treaters isn't a fat secret! My whole family does it, especially my 125 pound mom. I need to go camping for the entire month before Halloween this year, maybe that will help me not partake!

The fat secret surrounding Halloween candy is hitting the candy sales on November 1st.

Yes, the day after Halloween (or the day after Easter) is a great day to buy candy!

But the having to re-buy candy was a secret I kept from others - because I was hiding my binge eating :sick:
  • 2Chaotic
    2Chaotic Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Many years ago, when I was merely overweight and not obese as I am now, I decided that I would kick my chocolate addiction. So I purchased a box of my favourite chocolate bars. The box contained 20 or so bars.

I force-fed myself the whole box over 3 or 4 days, thinking that this was a form of aversion therapy. Eating that many chocolates was a bit sickening but.... 20-something years on, I can still demolish a family sized block of chocolate in one sitting.

So I guess you'd call that a massive FAIL.

And how many times have I tucked into a lovely piece of cheesecake or citrus tart or a chocolate mousse, telling myself this is the last one I'll be having for a long time because after this I start my diet? Yep, another fail - unless the definition of a long time is 3 days.
  • LaNeekaRN
    LaNeekaRN Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    oh boy - i know that one!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I have internal panic attacks (like, not just nerves, but legit panic attacks) before going on a new amusement park ride. I was in line for the Excellerator at Knott's Berry Farm in California, and watched multiple plus sized girls get told they were too big for the ride. I was wiping away tears as I got on it, but thankfully it just barely fit. I have, however, been turned away from a carnival ride in front of all of my friends. It's just an absolutely atrocious feeling. My boyfriend wants to go to Six Flags with me, but I refuse to until I lose weight. He doesn't understand how real that fear is for me.

I live about an hour away from an amusement park with some seriously awesome roller coasters, and I LOVE roller coasters. I went every year as a kid. A decade ago in my mid 20's, I had gotten down to a size 18/20 (previously my smallest adult size) and I went and loved it. But then I refused to go for more than 10 years and even told friends and family I hated rides and they were too dangerous. I was really just afraid of not fitting.

This year my husband and I went to the amusement park and I was down to size 14 at the time and still terrified about not fitting on the rides. I fit fine of course, but I also noticed a TON of girls and women who had to be around my heaviest weight (300 lb) and they were fitting on the rides just fine, too!! There was ONE ride that had a "sample" seat out in front encouraging people to try and see if they could fit. So this all made me realize that a lot of it was in my mind and being a size 22 for years I probably still would have fit into most or all of the rides anyway.

Something similar happened for me re: swimming. I was too freaked out about wearing a swimsuit in public so even though I LOVE swimming and being in the water, I didn't do it from age 14 until age 23-24. Life is too short...
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options

Yes, the day after Halloween (or the day after Easter) is a great day to buy candy!

But the having to re-buy candy was a secret I kept from others - because I was hiding my binge eating :sick:

Ah, I see, it wasn't a family tradition, that was the problem. I'm actually no kidding dreading Halloween this year because I binged so bad on the stuff last year from October pretty much through to Christmas. I gained a lot of weight back and felt awful.

Not this year. I swear, I will go camping if I have to. Fall is a lovely time of year for sitting in a tent not surrounded by chocolate.
  • FitnessOverFood
    Options
    In college, my roommate (her was around 298) and I (around 195 at the time, but all fat) would buy 2 boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts and get a box free -

....within 2 hours...all three boxes would be gone...we typically each had a box and a half to ourselves...
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Actually got hit on when I was chubby ...of course that was back in HS where it wasn't awkward for girls.
  • pierremignon
    pierremignon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'd sneak into the kitchen at almost every top of the hour to have a bite on whatever food is in there + a "spoonful" of rice (and by that I meant a quarter of a cup). So by the end of the day I've eaten at least 5 cups of rice. Good times.

Is this a bad thing?

Oh yeah. I did this on top of my regular meals. I probably consume at least 3,000 cals a day.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I use to eat a container of Dunkin Hines or Betty Crocker Icing in about 2 days! The taste was amazing.

I still do that. But I don't do it very often anymore.

But when I get icing it's gone pretty fast. I'd rather eat the icing out of the can than have cake. lol
  • tanzmitpalmer
    tanzmitpalmer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hah, I have multiples of the same underwear because they're snazzy and soft and wonderful. But I don't count that as a "fat secret" because I loved them even when I was 30lb lighter than I am now. They're just great. Was totally butthurt when I went in to get more a few months ago and found out that style was discontinued :(

I guess my biggest fat secret is the fact that my boyf would buy halloween candy just in case any neighborhood kids came around. I'd nom it until it was gone, and buy a new bag before he could notice. Of course, no kids ever come to our neighborhood. So I ate that bag, too. Nobody can tell me to regret it, though. I do not and I will not XD
  • nplasky
    nplasky Posts: 2
    Options
    I don't ever really get full :/ If I were to live alone where no one would see me eat, I wouldn't stop. lol
  • Daria_kha
    Daria_kha Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Even when I felt sick of food ,I kept eating ....
  • Philldem
    Philldem Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would buy T-shirts that were extra long and 2-3 sizes too small to wear under my cloths, basically creating a "man-girdle".