Your biggest fat secret.

Options

Replies

• silverstarrlyte
    silverstarrlyte Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would eat a bag of chips, then go to the store, get another bag and eat it too.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Spanx. lol And I always used the rubber-band trick, to make the waist of my pants an inch or two bigger. I also used to remove & re-sew buttons on shirts and pants to give myself an extra tiny little bit of room.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I would always order size 26/28 tops (online usually) from Lane Bryant even though I could fit into 18/20 or 22/24, because I was scared of the way the slightly smaller ones would show my fat rolls. As a result ALL of my sweaters and shirts were too big and I thought it was super flattering. For years.

In fact, it wasn't until I had lost about 100 lb that I truly understood the concept of a shirt/top being "too large". In the past I always just thought, the baggier the better for hiding in. Not the case.
  • essa78
    essa78 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    3.) I eat my kids' halloween candy *turns away in shame*

I think of my children as vehicles for my candy addiction.
  • jd1208
    jd1208 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    On a serious note, though, I once ate an entire pack of Oreos. To myself. In one sitting.

I did this with a different type of biscuit called Bourbons. I don't know if you get them in the US, but they come in much bigger packets than Oreo's. In fact any kind of biscuit I would finish the whole pack in a single sitting, I have now cut biscuits all together as I can't just have one.
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Im bi

hmmm....

I know right?

Pssst... I don't think that is what the OP meant, but thanks for sharing. :)
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    One thing that strikes me from reading these and remembering all the things I used to do is that I did a lot of these behaviors when I was skinny from yo-yo dieting, too. Of course it was probably easier to get away with pretending I was ordering for a family of five when I weighed 115 pounds rather than 245, but it was no better of a behavior for me and indicated an underlying problem with how I was trying to lose or maintain.
  • JLHNU212
    JLHNU212 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I would order takeout and say "we would like".. instead of "i would like" so they didn't know I was ordering enough "food for 4" just for me!

That is me...

I also have an obsession with Ghiradeli caramel squares and I hide them so my toddler wont ask for any, because I do not share them!
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    There are mocking sticky notes all over my kitchen. They are from my 15 year old daughter, who leaves me a note every time she finds my new hiding place for my peanut butter M&Ms. I think I'm going to have to start hiding them where she'll never look...near the cleaning supplies.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Not really sure if this fits here, but...

I was chubby and very self concious when I became a nurse. I loved wearing loose scrubs with no shape because it was so easy to hide the body I hated under them. I got way too comfortable with that & kept up some horrendous eating habits. Soon, the loose scrubs weren't loose anymore. I used that comfortable and familar feeling to let myself spin out of control pretty quickly. I've worked hard to get the weight off, and I still have a long way to go...but my biggest fear is that I'm getting too comfortable again.

Solution is to wear skin tight latex clothes 24/7 when not at work or under your uniform, so you are aware of everything constantly.
    I actually have on 3 layers of spanx right now under my scrubs so I can't over eat today....

:laugh:
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Someone above mentioned spanx. I would wear two pairs at the same time for extra compression...or maybe for one to smooth out the top fat rolls and one to squeeze in my giant gut. Even 175 lbs later I instinctively want to grab two. [Edit: NO WAY! The person above me went for 3, she's clearly smarter than me!]

Cans of frosting, to be consumed atop vanilla wafers or graham crackers. I'd buy candles with it to make it look like there was a birthday cake involved. I have quite a collection.
  • short_nerdy_lady
    Options
    I can/used to at least 2-3 times a week eat an entire full sized bag of chips in one sitting. Usually Smartfood, Lays Regular or Cheezies.
  • mom2aeris
    mom2aeris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My mom put me on the Adkins diet when I was 8. When you do Adkins, you have to pee on these little strips of paper and it would tell you if you were within the guidelines of eating like they wanted you, I was 8, I did not do what the book and my mom told me. So, most of the time, my stick was pure white instead of the lovely shade of purple she so desired and I would be punished, she was inventive with her punishments so I hated them. I took a purple marker into the powder room with me and painted the sticks purple so she would leave me the heck alone...........

And thus that is where my diet disaster that has spanned my whole freaking life began

:(
    This sounds like child abuse. I hope your mother has at least apologized for treating you like ****.
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options

I'll share am embarassing fact, though: I used to swing by Wendy's every night on my way home from work and get a large order of fries. As a snack. Sometimes a large Frosty, too. And then I'd chug on home and make a huge pasta dinner and eat it all.

similar to this^^. or order 2 meals and eat one on the way to wherever, and then eat the other once i got there, acting like i didn't just eat another one!
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    Hmm, well..
    1.) I wear bike shorts under my skirts so I don't get the chub rub lol
    2.) I put deodorant in more places than one because I have a fear of smelling like a fat person :sick: Don't tell me you don't know what I'm talking about! (I have friends I avoid sitting beside, because I just can't handle it)
    3.) I eat my kids' halloween candy *turns away in shame*

all of this as well^^
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    One thing that strikes me from reading these and remembering all the things I used to do is that I did a lot of these behaviors when I was skinny from yo-yo dieting, too. Of course it was probably easier to get away with pretending I was ordering for a family of five when I weighed 115 pounds rather than 245, but it was no better of a behavior for me and indicated an underlying problem with how I was trying to lose or maintain.

^^^ This. I think my worst binge moments were after I had lost a fair amount of weight but still didn't feel skinny enough (even though I was, and it is just vanity weight at that point).
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    If I had to choose between sex and food. i'd pick food :(

I still would.

But I'm pretty much asexual. So.

On a serious note, though, I once ate an entire pack of Oreos. To myself. In one sitting.

did that as well as well as drink 2lt of milk to go with it
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    On more than a few occassions I've downed a large pizza, buffallo wings, and brownie bites from Dominos in one setting.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I used to do things like go through fast food drive thru when I was running errands or on the way home from work, snarf down a meal in the parking lot and then go home and eat like nothing happened. I had a serious fast food addiction and was a total binge eater. Now I can't eat sitting in my car for that reason. I'll find a damn park with a damn table before I'll eat in the car. Bad memories.
  • EmpireBusiness
    EmpireBusiness Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    On more than a few occassions I've downed a large pizza, buffallo wings, and brownie bites from Dominos in one setting.

We might be soul mates. Although, I cheaped out and went with Walmart.