Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 12

Options

Replies

• brittanydaniel79
    Options
    Girls, I just have to say that I love all the positivity that comes from this board. You are really the reason I keep doing this! You keep me from getting too discouraged. Thank you thank you thank you!
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Ok, I know that this is the smallest success ever..... BUT. I just ran for two minutes on the treadmill. Well actually I ran for 2, 1 minute intervals... I have not run in 14 years. And I wasn't very good at it then!

I think that I am going to start the C25K after Christmas...
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Sheila, I started out running that way. It's a huge success. Congrats!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Sheila that is awesome! I love running! I started out with running from one lamp post to the next and alot of walking...lol

Karen
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Sheila~ I started C25k in June after trying to jog in May and passed out..literally..after 30sec!! I couldn't believe how out of shape I was!! I did the plan 3x a week for the 9weeks, graduated just before my 25th birthday and ran a 2.75mile non stop!! Woot Woot! It really does work!! I hope it brings you much success!
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Thank you guys SO MUCH for the encouragement. I felt so silly getting all excited at the gym.... while the guy beside me had been running for like 30 min straight. But I guess you have to start somewhere right!!!

Thanks again! This group provides so much needed and wanted encouragement!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I need something new to do to throw into my mix. I don't like going walking by myself but my husband gets home when it's dark now since the time change. I'm just getting bored.
  • kittycatcookie
    Options
    Ive been using myfitnesspal on my phone mostly and just discovered the website! I love this forum, lots of positivity and much needed morale boosting!

So my goals for this week are as follows...

2 cups of green/white tea per day
    8 glasses of water
    Callanetics everyday
    Stay within the calorie count!!!

This is hard because i stupidly bought a tub of haagan daz at the weekend and its calling out from the freezer!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Lol. Nuts would work, but I hate them. All of them. I don't even like the smell. Banana's either and I'm allergic to coconuts. Haha. I did start cooking with olive oil though!

Felt better today, so did the boy. He's been pretty active, acting like a circus animal. :laugh: He keeps standing on his Backyardigans ball, bouncing on it.
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    muscles are killin right now! i better have a loss to show for this pain next week. lol. so far, had cardio yesterday and today. i did pretend-jump rope in my room last night and my calves hate me. but they'll love me later :)
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Goals stay the same.

Had a great time at my first Zumba class. Going again on Thursday.

Tired of seeing 197 but at least it's not going up.

Katie
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! Just checking in doing some catching up on the thread.

Here are my goals for the week even though I'm a little late :blushing:

I will work out 6 days this week (or double up)
    I WILL drink all of my water!! (Why do I struggle with this sometimes?)
    I will eat 75% of my exercise calories. (I was a little short on those last week)
    I will remember to take all my vitamins! (I hate them!)

So, we are leaving on vacation in 2 weeks and I must say I'm having a great time shopping for NEW stuff! I bought some dresses and pants a few months ago in smaller sizes and I have to take them in to get altered even smaller! I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that. I've lost 21 pounds since having my son and I am 30 pounds lighter than when I met my husband.
    I cleaned out my closet the other day and got rid of about 80% of the stuff. I donated a lot of it. Some of it went to my best friend who is also on a weight loss journey. A year ago she would say, "I would give anything to wear that size" and now she is! So, as I am shrinking out of clothes she is shrinking in! It is all very exciting. :happy:

Love you Pin-ups!
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Karen. It was good, except no one came. Lol. Both grandmothers came but that's it. He had a good time though and ate lots of cake and had it every where. I'll post a picture of his silly butt. He was so sleepy. :)

2prww1d.jpg

This is the best cake pic EVER :heart: :laugh: :heart:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been on here much. I've been BUSY at work.

I have my car back thanks to my roommate loaning me the money to pay for the repairs. She's been a life saver recently!!!

The lady in charge of all our inventory at work has been in and out, due to illness, issues with her kids, just not feeling like working, etc. Right now I'm a temp and covering the Admin Asst position while that lady is on maternity leave. Our area manager and my boss pulled me in the office today and want to make me the backup for the lady that's always out. She's out all this week and we are supposed to be doing our monthly cycle counts. Yikes!!

So anyway, they're sending me to Louisiana Thursday and Friday for training and to meet with the big bosses about this move. They said the big wigs there are going to be interviewing me. That makes me think that our lady is about to be let go and they're preparing to have me take over. The new mom should be back to work by the beginning of January, so we'll see.

Hoping this results in me being hired on permanent, and a raise would be nice. :)
  • clipsychic
    Options
    Bump!
  • size08
    size08 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Went swimming training last night cracking session. I feel like a pin up girl!
  • size08
    size08 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Went swimming training last night cracking session. I feel like a pin up girl!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies

Karin - how fun shopping for new vacation clothes in smaller sizes! Yaaa for your friend having her wish come true and enjoying your previous size.

Rach - Go get em girl! That is wonderful that your boss thinks so highly of your work. Best of luck becoming permanent! Oh and ROADTRIP! How fun and exciting!

Have a great day ladies.

Karen
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Good luck, Rach! I hope you get a permanent position (and pay raise)!

I'm so far hitting all of my goals this week and the scale is showing it. Hmm... perhaps this should convince me to stick to the plan every day. :laugh:
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Karin- I love that feelin! I had the same thing happen. It feels so fantastic when your weightloss journey inspires your loved ones to start there own.

Rach- Good luck on the interview! I hope you get the permanent position.

So far, I have been sticking to all my goals. Yesterday, I planned out my workout for the next couple of months on the Beachbody website. It's too easy for me to get off track during the holidays because of all the traveling I do. I'm hoping that since everthing is written out I'll stick to it. My goal is to not miss a single workout.