Awesome 69 calorie no-fat cupcake!

Options
This recipe has been on here before but I thought I'd repost it for those of you who are new or didn't see it :) Took them to a "Girls Night" party and nobody knew the were "healthy"-they were a huge hit!

Pineapple Angel Food Cupcakes

1 box Duncan Hines Angel Food cake (add water only kind)
1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple in its own juice.

Mix dry cake mix and pineapple together (no water). Fill cupcakes 2/3 full. Place batter in fridge between batches and it bakes better. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 min or golden brown.

Delish and only 69 calories each, fat free! I put the nutritional content in the food data base under "generic pineapple angel food cupcakes". Enjoy!

~Marnie

Replies

• AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Thank you, they sound delicious!!!!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    like! how many does it make?
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    This recipe has been on here before but I thought I'd repost it for those of you who are new or didn't see it :) Took them to a "Girls Night" party and nobody knew the were "healthy"-they were a huge hit!

Pineapple Angel Food Cupcakes

1 box Duncan Hines Angel Food cake (add water only kind)
    1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple in its own juice.

Mix dry cake mix and pineapple together (no water). Fill cupcakes 2/3 full. Place batter in fridge between batches and it bakes better. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 min or golden brown.

Delish and only 69 calories each, fat free! I put the nutritional content in the food data base under "generic pineapple angel food cupcakes". Enjoy!

~Marnie

I can't wait to try them! Thanks so much for sharing.
  • buttercupke
    Options
    I've done the same thing but with strawberries
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    sounds delish!
    how many cupcakes will this make?

any ideas for a low cal/low fat frosting :bigsmile:
  • marniehodges
    Options
    Makes 28 :smile:
  • marniehodges
    Options
    Makes 28
  • boweg
    boweg Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I cannot wait to make these! They sound delicious and sooo simple
  • k8ieP
    k8ieP Posts: 54
    Options
    Bump!
    Thanks so much :drinker:
  • simplyblessed5
    simplyblessed5 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That's an old weight watchers recipe. I actually blogged about it over the summer with pics :) For a low fat topping, I use cool whip!

http://michellepugh.com/2010/06/pineapple-angel-cake-low-fatlow-cal-so-good/
  • Sharonbed4d
    Options
    Yum!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • alohajillian
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe! This is great!:happy:
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy!!!
  • pecket83
    Options
    thanks for reposting... I forgot that I wanted to make as a safe snack for Thanksgiving :)
  • bethsherbahn
    Options
    Thank you so much these sound awesome i plan on trying them soon my daughter is learning how to cook and baking is her thing right now so this will be on the list !!!! A cupcake i can eat and not feel guilty!!!
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    Thank you for this! I have the ingredients for it but got a little freaked when looking for cooking time instructions and saw someone say you have to hang it upside down just like regular angelfood cake. Glad to see i don't have to do that with the cupcakes (or so I assume from your post...lol)

I am curious though... STRAWBERRIES?
  • Jbwilson0708
    Options
    :happy: i am currently awaitning the oven to ding :)
  • LGIFitness2K11
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! I love cupcakes and this will be nice to have when I am in the dessert mood!!
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    Okay... I made these last night. I have never made angelfood cake before, though we had it all the time growing up. The batter was REALLY foamy and when I tasted it, it almost tasted like I had poured 7up in to the mix. Is that normal?

They baked up okay but were really sticky... i forgot how sticky angelfood cake is. I think the stickiness makes it easier to eat like a regular piece of cake, rather than a cupcake... at least for me. Will try again another day because they were definitely tasty... just kinda messy. :-)