Replies

• Shannon7713
    Shannon7713 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Love the pineapple version but want to try it using canned peaches!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I made the cupcakes last night...and they were a huge hit for my family!!!! There are so many left over!!! Guess I will have to make room in my calories to have another tonight!!!
  • jamebugg
    jamebugg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    OK, I just made these and after testing many options I found that using foil cupcake cups sprayed with a quick shot of baking spray was the best way for the cupcake not to stick to either the pan or the cupcake paper. Use foil only and not foil with a paper lining. They are quite tasty and should get me though the next three days of cramming for my finals. I still think they would be really good using peaches.
  • h2onut
    h2onut Posts: 164
    Options
    bump! Thank you!
  • sweetpea_73
    Options
    Thank you, going to give this one a try.
  • mommac_3
    mommac_3 Posts: 3
    Options
    can't wait to try!!!
  • Diem30
    Diem30 Posts: 92
    Options
    Bump!
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    saving this. thanks.
  • Cacassid
    Cacassid Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I made these tonight and they were so awesome!I loved the golden crust on top....I'm trying to be good and not eat another one...:blushing: My kids and husband thought they were delish (hubby ate 4!) (I was a good wife and logged those for him:devil: )
    These are highly recommended. I will for sure make these again!
  • mona24523
    mona24523 Posts: 100
    Options
    Can't wait to make this. Sounds wonderful
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    bump...and thanks!
  • Megs654321
    Options
    You can do this with pie filling too...instead of the pinapple mix in one can of light pie filling. Your just pour the mixture into an ungreased pan and bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Cut the cake into 24 pieces and enjoy!
  • Jordyns_Mommy
    Options
    Oh my gosh those sound amazing! Thanks so much for the recipe!
  • LukeEalden
    Options
    Am I right in thinking that this Angel Cake Mix is an American food?

I tried a couple of supermarkets here in the UK and couldn't find anything.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I"ve made this with devil's food cake and canned mandarin slices (came up better when I mixed the batter in the food processor - it cut up the fruit and mixed in one step).....Going to try with the pineapple too now.....LOVE IT

CUFCEEL - I'm in Canada and have no issues, but it might be. You can do it with almost any cake mix though (my understanding)
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I made these yesterday. My daughter loved them, my husband, not so much. I don't know if I didn't blend it long enough, but they were not as fluffy as regular angel food cake. I don't know if the pineapples and juice made the batter more dense. But I liked them, I liked the sweetness from the pineapple. It put a nice blend on boring angel food cake. I may like it with a dollop of light cool whip. Does anyone know how long the batter lasts? I still have plenty left. Can I freeze the batter or should I just make all the cupcakes and freeze the cupcakes? Any advice would be appreciated.
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    bump!!!