Awesome 69 calorie no-fat cupcake!

Options

Replies

• alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    So simple! I'm not a big fan of angel food cake but I love pineapple. I'm going to buy the ingredients and stow them away for when I'm feeling lazy and craving sugar.
  • j_fattler
    j_fattler Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    bump:love:
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mary60538
    Options
    You can also use ant boxed cake mix with a diet pop. 1 12 oz can and bake them the same way. It is a weight watcher trick. White/yellow cake mixes you need to use diet sprite or a diet cherry thing. Chocolate you can use whatever you want.

The other one you can do is an angel food cake mix with a 22oz can of lite pie filling like blueberry and top it with cool whip free. Very yummy.
  • jcrutts
    jcrutts Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mommacitab
    mommacitab Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • iknowicaniknowican
    Options
    bump:heart:
  • kathysherman
    Options
    WOW !!! Melanie you came through again. I had been craving something sweet, and thought I would give these a try.....DELICIOUS, I put a little spin on mine, I put 1/2 pkg of angel food cake mix and 1 of those individual servings of no sugar added, packed in water pineapple cups plus just the water off a second cup pulverized all that in my Magic bullet, (mini food, processor) then I made mini upside down pineapple cup cakes I took the pineapples from that second cup and distributed in a cup cake pan added 1/2 tsp of Slenda Brown sugar and made 5 little cup cakes, I knew if they were good I would eat the entire batch. Good thing I only made 5, I ate one and saved the rest for work this week. I told you....you are my HERO
  • LovelyE28
    LovelyE28 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thank you!
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    These sound delicious and I will be making them soon!
  • maritimemom
    maritimemom Posts: 192
    Options
    Yum! These sound delicious! It will definitely be something I'll be trying this summer! Thanks! :)
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    tag! Always looking for little things like this to add to lunches.
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You can also use ant boxed cake mix with a diet pop. 1 12 oz can and bake them the same way. It is a weight watcher trick. White/yellow cake mixes you need to use diet sprite or a diet cherry thing. Chocolate you can use whatever you want.

The other one you can do is an angel food cake mix with a 22oz can of lite pie filling like blueberry and top it with cool whip free. Very yummy.

Oh, I am so going to try this tomorrow. If it wasn't late, i'd go to the store tonight and try it, lol!
  • michsawler
    michsawler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • ValgA
    ValgA Posts: 30
    Options
    I have a dumb question, so please excuse me at this point. I had to change up a few things since I didn't have the exact ingredients on hand- I used fresh pineapple- crushed and I was able to squeeze out about 3/4 cup of pineapple juice- added about 0.5 cup of water to make up for the liquid missing (based on the amount of water needed on the box) .With the juice and pineapples I approximated about 14.25 oz of pineapple, added 0.5 cup of water and the Duncan Hines mix. After mixing, I managed to fill all the cups with 3/4 (or pretty much full) of the mix- in total I had 22 cupcakes. The first 12 came out flat- with only 1/2 of the cups actually filled with cake. While the first 12 were cooking I remembered your suggestion about keeping the batter in the fridge- so I stuck the rest of the batter in as the first batch was cooking.

Long story short, the second batch I made turned out nicer and not as flat- but a couple of the cupcakes felt heavier and more dense then my first batch. I know I filled the cups pretty evenly so I know the amount of calories shouldn't change, but I'm just puzzled and wondering if I should stick to my lighter (flatter) cakes to make sure I'm not eating to many calories. Sorry again- stupid question- but it's almost 1 am and my brain is just not comprehending at this point.

Also, thank you for the recipe, they turned out delicious (even the flat ones)!
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Bump, Thanks!:happy:
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Bump! Has any one made a single serving of this? I live alone and if I cook a whole batch of cakes I will eat them all!! x
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    This recipe has been on here before but I thought I'd repost it for those of you who are new or didn't see it :) Took them to a "Girls Night" party and nobody knew the were "healthy"-they were a huge hit!

Pineapple Angel Food Cupcakes

1 box Duncan Hines Angel Food cake (add water only kind)
    1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple in its own juice.

Mix dry cake mix and pineapple together (no water). Fill cupcakes 2/3 full. Place batter in fridge between batches and it bakes better. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 min or golden brown.

Delish and only 69 calories each, fat free! I put the nutritional content in the food data base under "generic pineapple angel food cupcakes". Enjoy!

~Marnie
    Thanks Marnie..sounds delish! :flowerforyou: I'm needing to come up with something fun for a potluck and not much of a potluck person I wanted to bring something tasty yet healthy. This is so simple sounding and will go over quite well I'm sure!

ETA: Lottycat.. I've got a great link to 'Single Girl Cupcakes' that appear to be pretty healthy. PM me if you'd like her link.

Also regarding individual ones, I'm not made the recipe yet but if you cook them all up and then wrap individually and freeze I bet they'd be even tastier and more of a treat when you know you can plan in one on any day you'd like a healthier treat. I might do exactly that.. I'll let you know when I make some for myself and give it a go. :wink:

ETA 2 :wink: : oh yum-o this one below sounds good to take to a get together as well!