Replies

• casey12345
    casey12345 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are these regular size cupcakes? sounds yummy
  • mamathrash2
    mamathrash2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Totally making these for my work Thanksgiving potluck! We are having a Biggest Loser contest so I am sure they will be a hit :)
  • Janice032557
    Janice032557 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you reposted this recipe, it sounds fantastic!! Can't wait to try it! Thanks!
  • CityOnAHill
    CityOnAHill Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    bump
  • this14now
    this14now Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Waiting on the timer to go off on these cupcakes now!!! Getting excited!
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thursday a coworker insisted I taste a Costco Pumpkin Streusel muffin. Thought I could taste only a crumb then bring the rest home to the hubs and pups, but NO. Compulsive, triggered, hand to mouth and before I knew it I’d wolfed down half the darned thing. When I posted it, was even more sickened to realize that the half I’d eaten in about 3 seconds was 340 calories!
    :flowerforyou: Thank you Marnie for the original post, everyone for all the options, tips and alternatives and Mary for the pinacolada cake and link. I will treat that co worker to the pumpkin alternative… :bigsmile:
    Summarizing my favorites (no offence but don’t do diet soda) below.
    Not usually a fan of cake mixes, might try doing an angelfood cake from scratch without the fat?
    Pineapple Angel Food Cupcakes
    1 box Duncan Hines Angel Food cake (add water only kind)
    1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple in its own juice.
    Mix dry cake mix and pineapple together (no water). Fill cupcakes 2/3 full. Place batter in fridge between batches and it bakes better. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 min or golden brown.
    Delish and only 69 calories each, fat free! I put the nutritional content in the food data base under "generic pineapple angel food cupcakes". Enjoy!
    ~Marnie
    Tip: Make sure to use a One Step Angel food cake box mix. don't get the one that says add oil.
    All you need is your can of fruit (including the juices) and the mix NO water needed.
    I normally make mine as a cake and mix together bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes....
    Adding a large can of Pumpkin is my favorite!!!! Tastes like a Pumpkin Pie and I top it with fat free or sugar free whipped topping.
    So Delish!!!!
    To the person who wanted a low calorie icing! Found this on hungry girl:
    2 tbsp. fat-free cream cheese
    1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda or Truvia)
    1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
    This was for pancakes so change measures for however much you wanted!
    OK, I just made these and after testing many options I found that using foil cupcake cups sprayed with a quick shot of baking spray was the best way for the cupcake not to stick to either the pan or the cupcake paper. Use foil only and not foil with a paper lining. They are quite tasty and should get me though the next three days of cramming for my finals. I still think they would be really good using peaches.
    You can do this with pie filling too...instead of the pinapple mix in one can of light pie filling. Your just pour the mixture into an ungreased pan and bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Cut the cake into 24 pieces and enjoy!
    I"ve made this with devil's food cake and canned mandarin slices (came up better when I mixed the batter in the food processor - it cut up the fruit and mixed in one step).....Going to try with the pineapple too now.....LOVE IT
    WOW !!! Melanie you came through again. I had been craving something sweet, and thought I would give these a try.....DELICIOUS, I put a little spin on mine, I put 1/2 pkg of angel food cake mix and 1 of those individual servings of no sugar added, packed in water pineapple cups plus just the water off a second cup pulverized all that in my Magic bullet, (mini food, processor) then I made mini upside down pineapple cupcakes I took the pineapples from that second cup and distributed in a cup cake pan added 1/2 tsp of Splenda Brown sugar and made 5 little cupcakes, I knew if they were good I would eat the entire batch. Good thing I only made 5, I ate one and saved the rest for work this week. I told you....you are my HERO
    Here is a link to a related recipe for pina colada cake. I have made this twice recently (once for a church potluck and once for a club I am in) and everyone loved it. Looks pretty with the toasted coconut. By the way, this recipe says an 8 oz. can of pineapple, but after reading the reviews, I used a 20 oz. can and it was great. This is a great website for recipes if you want to explore further.

http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/recipes/special-occasions/pina-colada-cake.aspx
    Thanks all!

Can't wait to try this recipe in all its variations!~
  • jenniffer324
    jenniffer324 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. Can't wait to try this.
  • cgcortezrn
    cgcortezrn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome!
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Omgosh. Why do these sound amazing? o.o Must make!

Thank you!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Pineapple! Angelfood Cake! 69 calories!

90330f59_justin-timberlake-jizz-in-my-pants-12.jpg
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    ^ -dies laughing- That's gold.
  • vickster2012
    vickster2012 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I've had these before when I was on Weight Watchers. I forgot about them. I will have to make some because I know they are delicious! Low calorie and delicious is a wonderful combination!
  • vickster2012
    vickster2012 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    They actually are very good! lol
  • Gingerw10
    Gingerw10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I made these yesterday...WOW...they are delicious; however if the two of us eat them all (30...yep that's how many I got out of recipe), we will not be saving anything here..lol

My question: can these little 'jewels' be frozen to take out and eat one once in awhile?

My husband could not believe they were so good AND only 69 calories! Thanks for sharing recipe! :happy:
  • hatravers
    hatravers Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Vulnerable64
    Vulnerable64 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • weldinchic
    weldinchic Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    can't wait to trick my friends with these!
  • kari1740
    kari1740 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bump