Nutella

Options
1235»

Replies

• CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    I used to eat half a jar per day when I was obese. I would freeze the jar, take it out twenty minutes to soften, and eat it with a spoon. It tastes like chocolate icing. I don't keep any in the house now. 3/4 cup greek yogurt with cocoa powder = less than one tablespoon of Nutella. Dangerous.

Oh my god, that IS a dangerous idea... hmmmm... >:)

• glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    I am confused why people think this is "spreadable chocolate"? Sure it has some cocoa in it, but the main bringer of deliciousness here is hazelnuts. The cocoa is a secondary flavor.

Not sure if you are joking, but I tasted nothing but chocolate.
    Not joking. It is a hazelnut spread with a little cocoa.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Hell I keep a jar on my desk at work. I need the calories.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    New favorite way to eat Nutella: on top of a spoonful of Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter (peanuts + salt, no sugar, no non-peanut oils).
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Funny what people like and don't like. I eat both Nutella and peanut butter, but if I had to choose one, Nutella would win every time. Makes me wonder how much of a role people processing taste and flavor differently plays in a person's food choices. I mean is it all in our heads or are there some physiological aspects to it?

Of course some things stem from habit and culture. I can't comprehend sweetened or low fat greek yogurt. It needs to be tart, savory unflavored and full fat to be considered greek yogurt because that's how I grew up eating it. First time I had flavored and sweetened regular yogurt I remember throwing the container away. It was just too weird. I eventually learned to like it (never learned to like sweetened greek yogurt, though).

Some things are not entirely cultural or a taste we acquire. For example, I can't understand bacon (or steak for the matter). Bacon is too greasy and gag inducing, and steak has a weird texture and an even weirder flavor. I've been told when meat was first introduced into my diet as a child I spit it out and refused to open my mouth, except for chicken breast, and even that I did reluctantly. Funny, no matter how I try as an adult this hasn't changed one bit. Unless poultry is boneless skinless chicken breast and meat is either processed beyond recognition or cooked in a way where other flavors drown the taste and texture of meat I would not eat it.
  • johalsun
    johalsun Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love to add a teaspoon of Nutella to some low fat cottage cheese. Mmmmm......lovely.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    All others are pretenders to the throne
    DSC5304.jpg

Drools! That looks so good.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    katmix wrote: »
    I don't get it. It's too sweet, gooey and kinds of like peanut butter except it's too sweet and gooey. Maybe I'm just not doing it right but, I don't understand the fuss over Nutella. I've tried smearing it on toast but... So, what's the attraction?

You're obviously eating it incorrectly...a jar and a spoon, all you need! For the candy lovers, put it in the fridge and it turns into fudge... :laugh:

ETA: Our local Costco sold an 11 pound jar this past Christmas (all I could do to resist!) it is now available on Amazon...

12029845.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thanks for the tip about chilling it......NOT! Dang, now I have to go try that!
  • Mommaannie2510
    Mommaannie2510 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    pobalita wrote: »
    I don't get it. It's too sweet, gooey and kinds of like peanut butter except it's too sweet and gooey. Maybe I'm just not doing it right but, I don't understand the fuss over Nutella. I've tried smearing it on toast but... So, what's the attraction?

The only possible explanation is that your taste buds are broken. :noway: :laugh:

^^^ that's hilarious! I love Nutella so much that I almost overdosed myself
  • Mommaannie2510
    Mommaannie2510 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    DiscePati wrote: »
    It's already been said, but Nutella is the bomb-diggity. I fell in love with it while living in Germany and having access to the world's finest chocolates, baked goods, and ice cream. My preferred method of Nutella delivery would be on a croissant, but that's pretty rich for some. Heck, I'd probably eat a flip flop if it had Nutella on it.

Right!! Nutella on anything
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I grew up in Europe. Nutella has been around for a good 50 years. Nothing else comes even close to the stuff! Best to eat plain, with a spoon. They also make special Nutella scoops, that are shaped in a way so you can reach every corner of the jar.....I've got 2 of those.... =)

BTW...about the Rocher gold balls...the chocolate cream in those is also Nutella. They are made by the same company...
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I do like the Rocher candies. Maybe right out of the jar is just too intense.