"Stop the Beauty Madness" Campaign

Replies

• In order to not wisecrack my way into hijacking the thread completely, here is why I like campaigns such as this while being absolutely determined to be thinner than is strictly required for mere good health:

I'm tired of being ignored by men my own age and hit on only by much older men who are, more to the point, all rightwingers. I have zero interest in them. I want someone I'm compatible with. Now an older leftist college professor, activist, or journalist might be another matter, but so far no luck. I'm just getting hit on by these old Fox News fans. And when I was fatter, no one was hitting on me at all. Ever. So reality. I don't have to like it, but I have to deal with it. When the men change, my mindset can change.

nJTgg7p.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    There is so much beauty going on in this thread right now, I can hardly stand it.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member

I gotta keep looking for the Engels to my Marx. Only with lots of naked time.

...Oh, and less facial hair between us.

You have to aim at younger men on college campuses. As long as you are willing to be the breadwinner and provide free housing while they pursue their graduate degrees in Philosophy, you are in with the Marx kids. I bet at least a few of them shave... :laugh:
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member

I gotta keep looking for the Engels to my Marx. Only with lots of naked time.

...Oh, and less facial hair between us.

You have to aim at younger men on college campuses. As long as you are willing to be the breadwinner and provide free housing while they pursue their graduate degrees in Philosophy, you are in with the Marx kids. I bet at least a few of them shave... :laugh:

You mean I gotta be a commie cougar? Oh lord, not sure I can cope with that label! :laugh:
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    There is so much beauty going on in this thread right now, I can hardly stand it.

Sometimes people remind me why we focus so much on their looks and not on their brains
  • MyChocolateDiet
    399201_10151375318527463_536263429_n.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Rodeny-680x365.jpg
    ...sooooooooooo, if I do him, I will be beautiful right?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    I amfine with the pursuit of wealth and power.
  • Meerataila
    Rodeny-680x365.jpg

:laugh: Will it even matter to you what you look like if you're doing him?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Are we done with the thread hijacking? Can we get back on topic?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    In order to not wisecrack my way into hijacking the thread completely, here is why I like campaigns such as this while being absolutely determined to be thinner than is strictly required for mere good health:

I'm tired of being ignored by men my own age and hit on only by much older men who are, more to the point, all rightwingers. I have zero interest in them. I want someone I'm compatible with. Now an older leftist college professor, activist, or journalist might be another matter, but so far no luck. I'm just getting hit on by these old Fox News fans. And when I was fatter, no one was hitting on me at all. Ever. So reality. I don't have to like it, but I have to deal with it. When the men change, my mindset can change.

So you're saying that those that sit more to the left of the political spectrum prefer people that are thinner than is strictly required for health? I don't believe this to be the case but I find the idea oddly ironic.
  • Meerataila
    In order to not wisecrack my way into hijacking the thread completely, here is why I like campaigns such as this while being absolutely determined to be thinner than is strictly required for mere good health:

So you're saying that those that sit more to the left of the political spectrum prefer people that are thinner than is strictly required for health? I don't believe this to be the case but I find the idea oddly ironic.

No. But I see how I wasn't very clear about that part. First, the older people are around here, with the exception of a few intellectuals, the more conservative they are on average. And at this weight, the only men at all who notice me are much older than I am. Which as I said would be fine, if they weren't incompatible with my political beliefs. I don't believe in a morning after session of wrestling the remote away from my partner in order to switch off Fox News. It just ain't sexy.

And in general, from past experience, the better (and yes, thinner) I look the more men approach me. Which ups my chances of finding someone I'm compatible with. My odds are already terrible, since I live in the American south. Anything I can do to increase my chances I had better do if I don't want to stay single forever.
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    I like pie.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    it is cultural. In the west, a blonde girl will almost always symbolize beauty. A tiny one in US, with some more curves in Europe.

But In Japan, a blonde skinny girl is not a symbol or beauty, nor is she in Africa or in the middle east.

There is nothing bad with that, it is just cultural

You are a white man. You do not have the experience of a woman behind you to back up "there is nothing bad with that." Plenty of women will tell you is it bad. You didn't even read what the OP wrote, because she said we should QUESTION why our culture says this is the norm.

Right. Because there are no standards and norms based on appearance for men. he has no experience with beauty standards to back him up huh

Do you even think before typing?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Rodeny-680x365.jpg

I don't even think I will care if he's claiming to be left wing or right wing or buffalo wing.
  • Meerataila
    Rodeny-680x365.jpg

I don't even think I will care if he's claiming to be left wing or right wing or buffalo wing.

Haha. Maybe in the cold light of dawn...but not until!

I also think we just proved Trojan's point about standards of beauty for males. Yeah, we has them.
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    My political ideology is libertarian but I identify as a conservative.

*unwanted*

**swoon**
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    I'll be honest. campaigns like these come off as bitter american white women Ii'm very well-travelled, haved worked in international settings for the past 20 years and have met a lot of different people from all over and I can honestly say this is primarily an american white girl thing) pissed off that they aren't automatically considered the most beautiful girl in the room. it's akin to the sense of entitlement some american white men have concerning all the panties they think should be thrown at them.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    I'll be honest. campaigns like these come off as bitter american white women Ii'm very well-travelled, haved worked in international settings for the past 20 years and have met a lot of different people from all over and I can honestly say this is primarily an american white girl thing) pissed off that they aren't automatically considered the most beautiful girl in the room. it's akin to the sense of entitlement some american white men have concerning all the panties they think should be thrown at them.
    tell-me-more-o.gif
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member

Right Wingers?? Oh, you mean normal people that work real jobs and pay taxes so that your left wing activists can sit around and figure out ways to bring their misery on the rest of us by sucking off the tit while contributing very little of any real value. Read your own post, I doubt it's your size or attractiveness level that makes men not hit on you and more to do with your attitude.

Wow, generalize much? You're assuming the person you're quoting has no job and is on welfare.....where did you get that from her post?

Please tell me this is snark.....

He's just angry because his conscience is bothering him. Going around the world shooting at people for Exxon and Halliburton, that has to be hard on a person.

OH SNAP that was perfect good good