It's bagel day@planet fitness!

Options
124»

Replies

• Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    It's a marketing ploy! They give people free food to make them fat so they'll keep coming back and paying more money! (Wait. . . someone else already said this. . . waaahhhhh) :wink:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with bagel or pizza day at PF! Just work it off like this guy...

qyu5uw.gif

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100136905783487

This is just not cool.

I personally disagree with Planet Fitness policies and marketing campaign, but videotaping people in order to mock them is crossing a line.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

qyu5uw.gif

This is just not cool.

I personally disagree with Planet Fitness policies and marketing campaign, but videotaping people in order to mock them is crossing a line.

I don't know which is worse though... the video of the guy... or that no one has taught him how to use the machine at PF.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Just don't pick it up too quickly.
    lunk-alarm.jpg

I haven't seen anyone make it go off yet. But the whole premise around it is kind of (absolutely) stupid and ridiculous. For a "judgment free" place, they sure tend to make stereotypes and judge people about how they work out. If I saw a dude curling 110 dumbbells and not drop them after a few sets then I'd think he was inhuman. There's a line between being obnoxious and just being in beast mode at the gym. And thought I may not wear tank tops, some may like it lol what's wrong with wearing a tank top? The gallon water jug thing I understand.....just because my mom always told me never to drink from the container.

Exactly. You should drink from a 32 oz Planet Fitness-branded container. No lunks here.

3_123396_161342_3_123396_163045_3480-Grey-L.jpg
  • LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    Options

qyu5uw.gif

This is just not cool.

I don't know which is worse though... the video of the guy... or that no one has taught him how to use the machine at PF.

I didn't make the video. And you are right, it was wrong to make and I was wrong for posting the link to it. The "trainer" at the PF location I went to was only interested in helping women learn how to use the machines. I am not sure if it was because he thought men would instinctively know how to exercise or that he was wanting to flirt. I suspect it was the flirting. This of course only speaks to the location I went to, I'm sure that is not true for all of them.
  • likitisplit
    Options

qyu5uw.gif

This is just not cool.

I didn't make the video. And you are right, it was wrong to make and I was wrong for posting the link to it. The "trainer" at the PF location I went to was only interested in helping women learn how to use the machines. I am not sure if it was because he thought men would instinctively know how to exercise or that he was wanting to flirt. I suspect it was the flirting. This of course only speaks to the location I went to, I'm sure that that is not true for all of them.

I know you didn't make the video. Thanks for acknowledging the problems with it.

To tell you the truth, if the original hadn't been linked a month back with the revolting voice over, I might not have as visceral of a reaction.
  • WandaWoman41
    WandaWoman41 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness also gives away fresh rain water that they catch in buckets inside the facility.

What, does the roof leak?

Yes, all over. It's awful