Anime / Manga

Options

Replies

• AntiSocialyte
    AntiSocialyte Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A couple of people have already mentioned Evangelion and Attack on Titan, which are my two favorites. I started watching Knights of Sidonia on Netflix, which is pretty weird but I'm into it.
  • seismicmuffin
    seismicmuffin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I just had a Sailor Moon marathon over the weekend. I watched the new Crystal episode that came out on the 5th and then I got nostalgic and decided to watch the whole first season. I'm way too excited for the re-dub of the English Sailor Moon, my boyfriend thinks I'm a nut. To make him happy, we watched a few DBZ episodes last night, I bought him the Rock the Dragon collectors set for his birthday, sooo awesome!

Also a big fan of Inuyasha and anything Studio Ghibli. Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star and Pokemon of course and others.

I have always wanted to get into Manga and I'm thinking of buying some soon. :)
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Vampire Hunter D, Grave of Fireflies, Great Teacher Onizuka, Ranma 1/2, Spirited Away, Samurai X, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu

Edit for: Cowboy Beebop and not "Anime" but I love Archer too.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Agree with Attack on Titan.

attack-on-titan-mikasa-look.gif

Also.. Berserk and Claymore because I dig swords

giphy.gif

t0pAj7M.gif
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Also.. Berserk and Claymore because I dig swords

giphy.gif

Gatsu!!!

Also Cowboy Bebop is the best anime ever!
    giphy.gif
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Right now, I read Bleach and Naruto but I believe they might be ending soon. The rest of my time I read online comics from self artist
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    my fave anime movies so far : spirited away, howls moving castle, castle in the sky , grave of the fireflies ,paprika,galaxy express 999, princess mononoke , cowboy beebop , appleseed , vampire hunter d , the girl who leapt through time, valley of the wind
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Lets see if I can remember everything.

Ghost in the Shell
    Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex
    Princess Mononoke
    GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES
    Howl's Moving Castle
    Spirited Away
    Cowboy Bebop
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Macross Do You Remember Love?
    Chobits
    Nina Scroll
    Castle in the Sky
    Perfect Blue
    Neon Genesis Evangelion

GET OUT OF MY HEAD! It's eerie how you listed almost everything I wanted to list.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed Fruits Basket (because I'm a teenage girl inside), Chobits (again, teenage girl), X, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Ceres, Gunslinger Girl. Soul Eater, and Ghantz. Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I know that some really popular mangas when I worked at B&N were OnePiece, Deathnote, Fruits Basket, Bleach, and Naruto.

And how can I forget the anime that got me into Anime: Outlaw Star.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Fairy Tail
    One Piece
    Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
    Dragonar Academy
    Ouran Host Club
    Fruits Basket
    Xxxholic
    Bunny and Tiger
    Ghost Hunt
    Tokyo Majin
    Natsume Yuujincho series
    Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple
    Bleach
    Dragonar Academy
    Haiyaku
    Selector
    Kawaii Complex
    Inuyasha
    Soul Eater
    Soul Eater Not
    Blue Exorcist
    Kekkaishi
    Nura Rise of the Yokai Clan
    Vampire Knight
    Devil is a Part Timer
    Kamisama Kiss
    Nabari
    Tokyo Ravens
    Kimi ni Todoke
    Darker than Black
    Code Breaker
    Noragami
    Maid Sama
    Full Metal Alchemist series
    A Certain Magical Index
    Kamigami no Asobi
    Claymore
    Hellsing
    Black Butler
    Blood the Last Vampire/Blood C
    Hiiro no Kakera
    Special A
    Inu x Boku
    Bodacious Space Pirates
    Familiar of Zero series
    Persona 4
    Trigun
    Beyond the Boundary
    Red Data Girl
    Mushi Shi
    Clannad
    Devil May Cry
    Wizard Barristers
    Blue Dragon
    Kaleido Star
    Nyan Koi
    Inari Kon Kon
    Wagnaria
    Hozuki'

And many more :tongue:
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I haven't read or watched very many yet, but I like Death Note, Black Butler, and Mushishi. I used to watch Sailor Moon and DBZ as a kid ;)
  • LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Elfen Lied (very bloody and a lot of nudity, but cool story).
    Trinity Blood
    I started Chobits but never finished
    Pretear
    Excel saga
    Corpse Princess
    D.N.Angel
  • Rainydaygirl1
    Rainydaygirl1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I watch and read myself. Recently been watching attack on titan
    fate stay night and fate zero
    sword art online
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    OH! OH! OH!

I cannot believe no one has mentioned:

tumblr_lyyganGfmp1qi0kfro1_500.gif

SAMURAI CHAMPLOO!
  • zchild2010
    Options
    DBZ is my favorite but cowboy bebop, samurai champloo and yyh are also in my top 5. Also watch a ton of other anime, including new shows. Still trying to get into reading manga. The only thing that I'm reading right now is Naruto
  • dualcollision
    dualcollision Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've watched/read a lot of anime/manga and by far my favorites are 1)outlaw star 2)Hellsing ultimate and 3)Deadman Wonderland.

But I've also seen but in no particular order: Gundam wing, G gundam, all Dragonball series, Death Note, Attack on Titan, Bleach, Naruto, Some of one piece, just started fate stay night, Princess Monanoke, Akira, tenjou tenge, Rosario + vampire, Blood plus, Full Metal Alchemist and i'm sure there are others i'm forgetting. but you get the picture. :)
  • ImprovedRJ
    Options
    I used to watch a lot of anime back in high school, but now, I have been watching it from time to time. Bleach was my favorite anime of all time in my opinion, but after the series ended, I haven't been watching as much. The only anime I would go back to catch up on would be Toaru Majitsu no Index 2 (A Certain Magical Index 2).

My little sister watches a lot of anime than I do though, so whenever she watches anime on Hulu, I sometimes watch it with her.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Fairy Tail
    One Piece
    Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
    Dragonar Academy
    Dammit, @Pika...! You've made my post virtually useless now!

The ones that I love and didn't notice above are "Michiko and Hatchin", "Girls Bravo", "Demon King Daimao", "Desert Punk", "Sekirei", "Rurouni Kenshin", "Star Blazers", and the 3 main "Tenchi" series (not "GXP", bleh).

A couple of anime-inspired series that I love are: "Afro Samurai", "Samurai Jack", "Avatar - The Last Airbender", and "The Legend of Korra".

Here's a value-add, though. I use PlayLater (www.playlater.tv) to record a lot of anime from (free) Hulu to watch later. I'm currently queuing up to binge-watch later are: "Queen's Blade", "Rin - Daughters of Mnemosyne", "Rosario + Vampire", "The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior". Can't recommend them yet, but we'll see...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Fairy Tail
    One Piece
    Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
    Dragonar Academy

The ones that I love and didn't notice above are "Michiko and Hatchin", "Girls Bravo", "Demon King Daimao", "Desert Punk", "Sekirei", "Rurouni Kenshin", "Star Blazers", and the 3 main "Tenchi" series (not "GXP", bleh).

A couple of anime-inspired series that I love are: "Afro Samurai", "Samurai Jack", "Avatar - The Last Airbender", and "The Legend of Korra".

Here's a value-add, though. I use PlayLater (www.playlater.tv) to record a lot of anime from (free) Hulu to watch later. I'm currently queuing up to binge-watch later are: "Queen's Blade", "Rin - Daughters of Mnemosyne", "Rosario + Vampire", "The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior". Can't recommend them yet, but we'll see...

Oh snap! not really. Totally forgot about Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, Tenchi, and Desert Punk!!!
  • JamieJam1102
    JamieJam1102 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Fairy Tail
    One Piece
    Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
    Dragonar Academy

Here here! I loved a lot on that list too! haha. Kawai Complex was really good, but I like those types of animes.