Just for fun - Favorite baby names

Replies

• kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Although I did meet a man at a car dealership...he gave me his card and his name was Dave Davidson. WTF?? I went to school with a kid named Evan Evans. WHY??!
  • Qcrazy
    Qcrazy Posts: 19
    lyric
  • freshstart180213
    freshstart180213 Posts: 170 Member
    My children are called matthew clive (clive after his granddad) and elizabeth may (after hubbies and my nans who died before our daughter was born) we have decided we will go for a third perhaps next year and will have james edward for a boy (named after both hubbies brothers) and rebecca helen (helen after hubbies mum) for a girl
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    For girls I have:

Olivia Leigh
    Sophia Grace
    Victoria Rose
    Eleanore Ruth
    Charlotte Lily
    Imogen Faith

Boys Names:

Elijah Alexander
    Benjamin Henry
    Ezra Jackson
    Luke William
    Theodore James
    Phillip Ross

those are beautiful names.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Have read this thread with interest. It is obvious that age and ethnicity have an influence on what names one finds appealing.

Some of my favs are:

Girls:
    Michah
    Esme Sophia (my granddaughter)
    Isabella
    Gemma
    Eve
    Ada
    Bronte
    Nadia
    Karita
    Linnea
    Sarina

Boys:
    Anders Joel (my son)
    Caleb Jude (2nd son)
    Ethan
    Luca
    Dante
    Gabriel
    Brett
    Samuel
    Brian
    Michael
    David
    James
    Christopher
    Daryl
    Wayne
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    There are only two that my husband and I have decided on for sure... Peter for a boy, and Eve for a girl.

I also like Thomas or Tom, and my husband likes Vaughn. Abigail is a lovely name for a girl but I don't care for the nickname "Abby" so that might be problematic. Plus, "Abby" would have a cousin "Addy" so that would be too confusing anyway!

Well, I'm not pregnant and don't have kids yet, so I guess I have some time. (:
  • bunsen561
    bunsen561 Posts: 5 Member
    I saw some research that names tend to migrate from "prep" to "low rent." IIRC, it was a 20-year cycle.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    There are only two that my husband and I have decided on for sure... Peter for a boy, and Eve for a girl.

I also like Thomas or Tom, and my husband likes Vaughn. Abigail is a lovely name for a girl but I don't care for the nickname "Abby" so that might be problematic. Plus, "Abby" would have a cousin "Addy" so that would be too confusing anyway!

Well, I'm not pregnant and don't have kids yet, so I guess I have some time. (:

I wanted to name a boy Peter if we had one, but my husband nixed that quickly since Peter can be another name for penis. As for Abby, I am careful to name a kid anything that appears in literature or history. I read the play "The Crucible" and now I'm not keen on anyone named Abby.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    My hubby is German, so we named our boys German names:

Kelby Hans

Korey Jakob

Both have pure white blond hair and blue eyes.
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Must be a woman thing... as I have NEVER pondered baby names.

However, I have come across several that I wondered what their parents were thinking:
    1) Candace (Candy) Valentine - Her B-Day was Feb 14th.
    2) Long Dong
    3) Honey Bear Hoover
    4) Wei (Way) Wrong - And he usually was

I don't really think it's a "woman" thing - I think it has more to do with you finding the right partner who then makes you think of wanting children.

And I cannot believe that people have done that to their children. Those are atrocious names.

That being said, I love classic sounding names like Evelyn and Wesley and don't laugh, because I wouldn't actually name my child this but I like the name Eleanor. And I'm starting to come around on Gemma (my bfs favourite).
  • tag624
    tag624 Posts: 166 Member
    Me and my husband don't have kids yet but we have already came up with a boy and girl name:

Alexis Rae
    Jackson Earl OR Bo Earl

yeah we're from the south lol
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member

I love classic sounding names like Evelyn and Wesley and don't laugh, because I wouldn't actually name my child this but I like the name Eleanor.

Oh, man. I love the name Wesley!
    Oh, I won't laugh at that, if you won't laugh that I named my prized possession - my guitar from my Daddy when I was 14- Eleanor. :)
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member

I love classic sounding names like Evelyn and Wesley and don't laugh, because I wouldn't actually name my child this but I like the name Eleanor.

Oh, man. I love the name Wesley!
    Oh, I won't laugh at that, if you won't laugh that I named my prized possession - my guitar from my Daddy when I was 14- Eleanor. :)

Pretty sure you and I just have the best taste in names.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Cleetus

We nicknamed my son "Cletus the Fetus."
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    As a teacher, I see all kinds of names. Makes you wonder what the parents were thinking.
    Ex:
    Hennessy
    Champagne
    Crystal Shanda Leer (real name)

I like Diya (means light in Hindi)
    Emilie
    Adrienne (my mother's name) or Adriana.
    Courtney ( my sisters name)
    Even some of the old school names like my grandmother's--Lillian--or Jane
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    For a boy: Max, Cameron, Brice
    For a girl: Chandler, Raquel, Raegan, Calliope, Chesney
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    I've got a Jack David, Maya Leoncia and Zoë Anne. The middle names are all after family members - my dad is David, my grandma was Leoncia, and my MIL is Anne.

I'm a teacher and have heard some funny names! We had a boy called Tej, pronounced Tee Jay, a boy called Jaguar, a girl called Chanel, and all sorts of weird spellings for regular names. I've taught a brother and sister called Dakota and China. I don't think their parents have ever left England.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    For twins girls, I have to go with:

Chastity and Conception

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • sjmoran
    sjmoran Posts: 31 Member
    I have ones I like a lot but when the time comes I will see what the trendy names are to make sure I don't get in on that. I hate trendy names and I don't get the fascination of everyone naming their children the same thing and then spelling them differently to make sure they are different. Who are you kidding? The only one I know for sure, and unfortunately now after reading this forum I see it is a popular name, is Victoria Lynn, but that is after my wonderful mama who I lost too early. The other one I like, especially if I have twin girls is Violet Layne. Layne is my grandmother's maiden name. Orrrrr.....twin names....Romulus and Remus.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    I have ones I like a lot but when the time comes I will see what the trendy names are to make sure I don't get in on that. I hate trendy names and I don't get the fascination of everyone naming their children the same thing and then spelling them differently to make sure they are different. Who are you kidding? The only one I know for sure, and unfortunately now after reading this forum I see it is a popular name, is Victoria Lynn, but that is after my wonderful mama who I lost too early. The other one I like, especially if I have twin girls is Violet Layne. Layne is my grandmother's maiden name. Orrrrr.....twin names....Romulus and Remus.

One of my neighbours growing up had dogs called Romulus and Remus!

I chose names for my girls that aren't that popular. In all my years teaching I've never met a Maya, and I've taught two Zoës. Jack is in the top two most popular names in England, but we love the name, and it's classic and will suit a child and an adult. I hate all those names like Jayden, Caiden, Brayden etc.