Just for fun - Favorite baby names

Options

Replies

• The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I love names...not so much babies. I guess we will see how that goes.

Girl:
    Valor
    Wren
    Briar
    Sully

Boy:
    Pike
    Grover
    Roy
    Crane
    Buck
    Rogue
    My favorite is Macho, but I think I may need to find myself a Latino to make that one make sense.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I love me some old school/biblical names

Girls - Ada, Ida, Ruth, Judith, Anna

Boys - Michael, Christopher, David, Joseph

The worst name I ever heard was Richard Richardson. If memory serves (this goes back 20-30 years), it was a running family tradition but that just seemed cruel to me.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I love me some old school/biblical names

Girls - Ada, Ida, Ruth, Judith, Anna

Boys - Michael, Christopher, David, Joseph

The worst name I ever heard was Richard Richardson. If memory serves (this goes back 20-30 years), it was a running family tradition but that just seemed cruel to me.

Hahaha I have a good friend by that name. Oh, to be a family full of **** ****s.
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of jacking up the spelling of normal kids' names to mess them up for life.

My daughter gives me grief over this...her name is Mackenzi...we left of the E at the end just so it could be a tad shorter and different. She hates that she can never buy things, but says it looks weird with the E at the end...haha.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Since when is Connor a hipster name? I know a guy in his 40's named Connor.

I really like names typically used for the opposite gender. Like Shannon for a boy or Ashton for a girl. My husband isn't a huge fan of that, so we probably won't do that with our kids.

Like I said, I don't have kids, but here are some names of kids in my husband and my families...

Jessica
    Braxton
    Abigail
    Lila
    Mariah
    Destiny
    Hunter
    Jordan
    Dustin
    Caydence
    Sabastien (yes, spelled like that)
    Kholton (yes, spelled like that)
    Madelynn (same mom as the previous two)
    Joshua
    Brandon
    Ashley
    Tiffany
    Kevin
    Kayla
    Savannah
    David

...all but one of those are kids in my husband's family. Kids running around over there like roaches. Hasn't anyone ever heard of a condom? Ugh, southerners.

Judgemental, much? How awesome for you to assume that all/most of those children were accidents.

Some people just like children and big families, what's it to you? Live and let live, Isn't that what everyone is trying to cram down everyone else's throats, these days?

tumblr_m6jk5nr90E1rzz3r3o1_500.gif

First of all, it was a joke...well, mostly (southerners do tend to have a bunch of kids they can't afford). Second of all, this is the family I married into, I don't need to "assume" that any of these kids were mistakes. I didn't say that any of them were mistakes, actually. However, quite a few of these kids were indeed unplanned - all of the youngest ones were, all of them because the people decided to not use protection even though they can barely support themselves, let alone a child.

These people don't need you to defend them. If anyone is doing any assuming, it's you. You don't know the half of it. So, yeah, calm those tits, babe.
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Obviously I love my kids names

Mackenzi Rae
    Brayden Jason (ok Jason was not my choice, its hubs name that he wanted to pass on)

I love the names....

Girls:
    Lucy
    Cordelia

Boys:
    Owen (was my first pick for Brayden's name actually, but I had final pick on Mackenzi so went with hubs first choice for B, and it fits him well)
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Obviously I love my kids names

Mackenzi Rae
    Brayden Jason (ok Jason was not my choice, its hubs name that he wanted to pass on)

I love the names....

Girls:
    Lucy
    Cordelia

Boys:
    Owen (was my first pick for Brayden's name actually, but I had final pick on Mackenzi so went with hubs first choice for B, and it fits him well)

My baby brother is Brayden Asher, same spelling (which I know 3 different kids with the same name and different spelling). It's a great name, even if it falls into the the xyz popular name trend that I dislike...
  • VTRutz
    VTRutz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Girls: Ember, Ever, Piper, Penelope, Corrine, Camille, Katerina
    Boys: Roman, Pierce, Bennett, Gunnar
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,256 Member
    Options
    I love it when parents don’t think out the names they give their kids mainly the nicknames (i.e. Richard can be shortened to ****) I worked with this old guy who’s name was Richard Eating, he spent 30 years in the Navy starting in the 50’s. Can you imagine the crap he put up with back then with the name **** Eating?
    I wanted to name my kids after the Knights of the Round Table, the wife wanted no part of either naming them that or having enough kids to names all the knights. So I opted to have nine boys and name them all after the 1919 Chi. White Sox, she said no to that too. I then mentioned the Three Musketeers she didn’t like that either. I mean come on how can you not like d'Artagnan, Athos, Porthos and Aramis, right? She won’t let me have any fun!
    When I mention the Declaration of Independence too, I woke up with a knife to my throat; she asked me if I wanted to discuss it further I said not now but maybe after she cooked me breakfast.

Actually, I really wanted to name my daughter Zuzu after Zuzu Bailey in “It’s a Wonderful Life” but the misses wasn’t down with that.
    Girls:
    Eve
    Zoey
    Isabella,
    Sophia,
    Sarah
    Boy:
    D’Artagnan (you thought I was kidding?)
    Giuseppe,
    Zachary,
    Rocco or Roscoe
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Currently 6 1/2 months pregnant with baby #2, which is a girl.

Names we considered are/were:

Boys:
    Austin (top contender)
    Owen (top contender)
    Seth
    Logan
    Gage

Girls:
    Piper (top contender)
    Paige (top contender)
    Phoebe
    Kaylee
    Kasey
    Mia
    Leah

First daughter's name is Sadie.
  • Elliehmltn
    Elliehmltn Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    . Names also have to look good on a job application.

My mother (who's 93, btw) says parents naming a baby should always consider how it will sound being announced in full over the PA system at their child's graduation.

Been reading this thread with interest as what-to-name-the-baby has always been an interest of mine (former OB nurse, like a couple others.) "Gender ambiguous" names in our family are Avery (our daughter, back before Avery was even in the top 1,000 for girls, now it's something like #13), and Grayson, our granddaughter, who's 15 and was named before Grayson was popular for boys, or anyone. I think it's very classy. So's our granddaughter (who, incidentally, is called "Gracie.")
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    My granddaughters name is Aurora Luna

Aurora for the northern lights and

Luna for the moon.

She was born during the perseid meteor shower
  • eventerchick80
    eventerchick80 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I know kids with the names:

Katherine Suzanne (shortened to Katie Sue)
    Anna Belle (her sister)
    O'Ryan
    Oran

My son is Daniel Troy and if I have another boy I would like to name him William Joseph. I like Michael and Gabriel as well but there are too many Michaels in the family and I worry about Gabriel being feminized.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I like new age names that white people trying to be trendy are coming up with...

(none of yours OP are such names, just saying).

For real!

No, you're not a hipster, how's little Connor and Sienna doing? Oh now Brooklyn is on her way, huh? Congrats.

*may fill up thread with hipster baby names instead*

i'm pretty annoyed at people naming their sons Grayson these days. :angry:

Don't forget: Maxton Paxton Colfax and Carfax

Uhh, you forgot Jaxon!

Harlyn
    Madyn
    Braxton
    Bransen
    Bentley
    Brantley
    :angry:
  • KelseyBee2014
    KelseyBee2014 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhat of a writer, so I love baby names.

Girls:
    Vienna
    Seraphina
    Elleri
    Holland
    Valerie
    Vanessa
    Olivia
    Reese
    Liana
    Bethany

Boys:
    Owen
    Liam
    Reece
    Peter
    Jonah
    Kent
  • cmazurek85
    cmazurek85 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I love the names Camilla or Aviva!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    . Names also have to look good on a job application.

My mother (who's 93, btw) says parents naming a baby should always consider how it will sound being announced in full over the PA system at their child's graduation.

Been reading this thread with interest as what-to-name-the-baby has always been an interest of mine (former OB nurse, like a couple others.) "Gender ambiguous" names in our family are Avery (our daughter, back before Avery was even in the top 1,000 for girls, now it's something like #13), and Grayson, our granddaughter, who's 15 and was named before Grayson was popular for boys, or anyone. I think it's very classy. So's our granddaughter (who, incidentally, is called "Gracie.")

It's just a personal preference. My husband and I reasoned that if we named our daughter "Taylor" or a last name like that, what if she fell in love and wanted to marry a man with the last name "Taylor"? Awkward. Or what if she fell in love with a man with the first name Taylor (since the name is also gender ambiguous)? I know the likelihood of that happening is a stretch, but it was a big deal for us.
  • KelseyBee2014
    KelseyBee2014 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I like new age names that white people trying to be trendy are coming up with...

For real!

No, you're not a hipster, how's little Connor and Sienna doing? Oh now Brooklyn is on her way, huh? Congrats.

Uhh, you forgot Jaxon!

Harlyn
    Madyn
    Braxton
    Bransen
    Bentley
    Brantley

Some girls who I went to high school with and got pregnant in or just out of high school named their kids Jaxxon and Brantley.
  • cgrand18
    cgrand18 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My best friends niece just had twins. A boy and a girl. She named the girl Laylah Dean and the boy Pheonix Albert (yes....spelled like that)
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options

For real!

Uhh, you forgot Jaxon!

Harlyn
    Madyn
    Braxton
    Bransen
    Bentley
    Brantley

Some girls who I went to high school with and got pregnant in or just out of high school named their kids Jaxxon and Brantley.

Ooh, two X's?! Super cool! Why not three?