have you ever gotten angry at your food?

Options
124»

Replies

• pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    does whipping potatoes and beating eggs count?
  • abcreed
    abcreed Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I bought a packet of peanuts from the vending machine at work one day, then got legitimately angry when I read the back because I could have had a bag of cheetos for the same amount of calories (yes I know the peanuts were healthier -- but the cheetos were calling my name & I made a "good" choice only to find out I could have had the dern cheetos)
  • jjplato
    jjplato Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yes, when I can't get a clean shot.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I bought a packet of peanuts from the vending machine at work one day, then got legitimately angry when I read the back because I could have had a bag of cheetos for the same amount of calories (yes I know the peanuts were healthier -- but the cheetos were calling my name & I made a "good" choice only to find out I could have had the dern cheetos)

In what ways do you believe the roasted peanuts were healthier than the cheetos?

(Sorry, not trying to add to your misery, but I'm not convinced your consolation is even legit.)
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Yes, once. I missed Maryland crab cakes, badly. Very badly. I found a good recipe, but I lived far from the ocean so had to buy some of that fake crab meat. The cakes wouldn't hold together--they fell apart when I tried to flip them, and then the hot oil sputtered and spattered and burned me.

I threw the whole pan in the sink and went out for real food.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yes, once. I missed Maryland crab cakes, badly. Very badly. I found a good recipe, but I lived far from the ocean so had to buy some of that fake crab meat. The cakes wouldn't hold together--they fell apart when I tried to flip them, and then the hot oil sputtered and spattered and burned me.

I threw the whole pan in the sink and went out for real food.

This may be the saddest story I've read on MFP in months.

:sad:
  • monolith66
    monolith66 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I don't get angry at food, I'm not delusional.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    why would I be angry at food? You need help.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Once I got angry at my apple because when I peeled the sticker off there was a wormhole in it! Why would the apple do that to me?
  • sdouglas0728
    sdouglas0728 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ive only gotten angry at food that I didnt cook correctly. So I really was just angry at myself
    This. Whenever a meal doesn't come at as good as I thought it would, I'm super upset with myself. The last conversation I ever had with my dad was how to make gravy, so if my gravy comes out lumpy, I turn into a hysterical mess.
    *Edited to add more comments*
    As a diabetic I get super angry at sugar counts at the store. Because some things you pick up and you're like "Okay, 20 grams of carbs, I can handle that" and then sometimes you pick up something and it has 100 grams and I'm just like, whelp, I guess I'm never eating that again.
  • Leggylass
    Leggylass Posts: 215
    Options
    " have you ever gotten angry at your food?"

Yes when it bloody burns! :grumble:
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    I am pissed off at the beer in my fridge so I am going to drink it.

Bye bye beer.
  • Leggylass
    Leggylass Posts: 215
    Options
    Once I got angry at my apple because when I peeled the sticker off there was a wormhole in it! Why would the apple do that to me?

you know whats worse than finding a worm or wormhole in an apple???

........ finding half a worm! :sick: :tongue:
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    I only get angry when I can't get the danged packaging open. Even then, I guess I'm more mad at the packaging than the contents.

I read "I only get angry when I dangle a pickle."

I think a lot of guys would be angry if they took you home and you "dangled a pickle". Not that there is anything wrong with that...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Sugar isn't evil. Calories in<Calories out.
  • phofilled
    phofilled Posts: 22
    Options
    I thought i had one more Reese's cup in the freezer, but I don't :( I'm kinda angry that I don't.

:laugh: :sad:
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I threw a cupcake at my wife once, lol. Does that count?

I was pissed because after I thought of what I did, I realized I wasted a perfectly good icing filled cupcake because of a smart *kitten* comment my wife made.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Weird question, but today I got angry at my greek yogurt parfait, because i ate it (looked at protein content, 20g so I felt good about it), only to realize it had 41grams of sugar. 41!!!! people thats so much =(

Yes, I was once making a nice meal for a new girl I intended to host for the night.

I was making a pate brisee, but didn't pay attention and it inadvertantly became a pate sucree. Which did not going well with the filling I had prepared for it.

I was so angry that I ushered her out, and ended up not seeing her again due to anger association over that failed crust.