thoughts on the 500cal diet

Options

Replies

• heybebe88
    heybebe88 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The issue isn't disordered eating, it's making up for the calories I lose because of the exorcise I do. Maybe you should reread my post...or not.

One of the specific diagnostic criteria for bulimia nervosa is "repetitive and inappropriate compensatory behaviors aimed at weight loss - this includes laxative use, diuretics, enemas, self-induced vomiting, ***excessive exercising***, ***dieting***, fasting, and more"

If you don't already have an eating disorder, you at the very least exhibit disordered eating (which is not the same thing) and should probably seek some kind of professional help.
    -

Also, you should probably look up "misogyny" and "exorcise" because I'm pretty sure you don't know what either of them means.
  • LosingItInDenver
    Options
    I ate nearly 1000 calories today, but thanks for being a huge misogynist and accusing me of being pro ana. Your opinion is obviously really important to me.
    1000 calories is not a sufficient amount, regardless of how SUPER NUTRITIOUS your food is. Put some fat in there, increase your calories. I do not have nearly the experience or education on health and fitness that many others here do, but I am very clear that a net of 500 cals daily is dangerous.
  • ah1141
    ah1141 Posts: 37
    Options
    That's the thing - I'm NOT eating 500 calories a day. My net calorie at the end of the day is just close to that because of the exorcise I do.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    That's the thing - I'm NOT eating 500 calories a day. My net calorie at the end of the day is just close to that because of the exorcise I do.

Exactly how many demons are you exorcising a day?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You implied it like you're implying I don't eat right and am not nourished. You're wrong. The issue isn't the calories, it's the exorcise! And I already said I'd eat more to make up for what I lost because of my exorcise, but I'm still not convinced its necessary.

You aren't nourished if you are netting that low. But do what you will. Your way is going to lead to a lot of muscle mass loss..which means by the time you get to your scale #, you'll probably end up with a high body fat %. And if you continue to net low..it can also lead to some deficiency issues with their nasty side effects.
  • ah1141
    Options
    Wow, you guys are really starting to antagonize me. Grow up and quit being such misogynists. I eat right, I just need to eat more because of the exorcise I do. But even then, I'd still be healthy and I'm NOT anorexic.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

You know what? Do whatever you want. We're all telling you what is healthy and what you SHOULD do, and you're just arguing and trying to tell us why what you're doing is ok. Why are you even asking for input if you're just going to reject all the input you receive? If everyone is saying the same thing, and nobody is agreeing with you, then maybe you might be going about it wrong...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I've heard about this diet, doesn't sound healthy but is it a quick weight loss if you do it for a week?

Not sure what food you'll be able to have since it's so low calorie.
    Unless your doctor has you doing this for some medical procedure and you are under that doctor's strict supervision, or you are so sick with the flu that you simply cannot eat, there is never any reason to eat just 500 calories.

Eating enough calories fuel your body.
  • funkyspunky872
    Options
    Wow, you guys are really starting to antagonize me. Grow up and quit being such misogynists. I eat right, I just need to eat more because of the exorcise I do. But even then, I'd still be healthy and I'm NOT anorexic.

Excuse me. I meant to ask how many misogynists you were exorcising a day. (Seriously, do you even know what misogyny is?)
  • ah1141
    Options
    Someone has already suggested strength training to me to build muscle, but thanks. You could have easily done the same without attacking my character.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

WHAT DOES ANY OF THIS HAVE TO DO WITH MISOGYNY??? How ignorant are you?!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    You implied it like you're implying I don't eat right and am not nourished. You're wrong. The issue isn't the calories, it's the exorcise! And I already said I'd eat more to make up for what I lost because of my exorcise, but I'm still not convinced its necessary.

No need to imply it.

Netting 500 calories per day means you don't eat right.

No implying - I am happy to outright say it.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Nobody is being antagonizing. Especially with text, tone is hard to read so if you feel like we are antagonizing you..that's all on you. In actuality, the info and explanations we are giving you are valid. Stop being defensive, follow the advice, and best of luck..Or don't and best of luck anyways.
  • ah1141
    Options
    I studied feminism among other things in grad school 'funkypunk87' *patsyourhead*
  • PikaKnight
    Options

You know what? Do whatever you want. We're all telling you what is healthy and what you SHOULD do, and you're just arguing and trying to tell us why what you're doing is ok. Why are you even asking for input if you're just going to reject all the input you receive? If everyone is saying the same thing, and nobody is agreeing with you, then maybe you might be going about it wrong...

QFT
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options

can you please tell me what misogyny has to do with anything anyone is saying? it may not mean what you think it means and i think encouraging women to NOT be anorexic is actually the opposite.

this is just driving me crazy.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Less than 1200 calories a day will put you into starvation mode, thereby shutting down your metabolic rate. The worst part is then your body takes those 500 calories and stores them as fat. Fat cells have this habit of growing when you eventually increase your calories.
    This is a myth. You have to lose a certain amount of body fat and muscle and be pretty emaciated before you go into starvation mode.
  • LosingItInDenver
    Options
    Oh, I exorcised out my misogyny long ago.

19789999.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I studied feminism among other things in grad school 'funkypunk87' *patsyourhead*

That explains things how? It still doesn't fit.
  • funkyspunky872
    Options

I'm studying business law this semester. Need a lawyer?
This discussion has been closed.