thoughts on the 500cal diet

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Oh, I exorcised out my misogyny long ago.

19789999.jpg

That sounds so naughty when you put it that way

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ah1141
    ah1141 Posts: 37
    You said I was anorexic and another bro called me a 'pro ana crazy *****.' So much for not being antagonized. Thanks for the advice, ****ers.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    The issue isn't disordered eating, it's making up for the calories I lose because of the exorcise I do. Maybe you should reread my post...or not.
    With all due respect, eating 544 calories a day IS disordered eating. I suggest you see a professional to deal with this.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Just to clarify, we're not making fun of you because you're a woman. (Have you googled misogyny yet?)
  • PikaKnight
    You said I was anorexic and another bro called me a 'pro ana crazy *****.' So much for not being antagonized. Thanks for the advice, ****ers.

Eye_roll.gif

Anyways OP, sorry about the derail there. So in short...500 cals, whether total intake or net intake, is a big NO.
  • Oh, I exorcised out my misogyny long ago.

19789999.jpg

That sounds so naughty when you put it that way

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kegels get that problem solved quickly.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    I studied feminism among other things in grad school 'funkypunk87' *patsyourhead*

That actually hurts your case. You studied feminism in grad school and you still apparently have no idea what misogyny is. Is it too late to get a refund for your grad school? The information you were taught didn't take, or your teacher was insane...
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Wow, you guys are really starting to antagonize me. Grow up and quit being such misogynists. I eat right, I just need to eat more because of the exorcise I do. But even then, I'd still be healthy and I'm NOT anorexic.

I never knew so many women could be misogynists, since the women are giving you the same advice as the men are giving you. If you are exercising so much that your calorie net is 500 a day, then you are engaging in a compensatory behavior that's the beginning of a disordered eating pattern. You are also encouraging the OP to look at your thread as an example of a plan to follow.
  • PikaKnight
    The issue isn't disordered eating, it's making up for the calories I lose because of the exorcise I do. Maybe you should reread my post...or not.
    With all due respect, eating 544 calories a day IS disordered eating. I suggest you see a professional to deal with this.
    She's netting it. Meaning she's eating a 1000 cals and doing a bunch of cardio that ends up making it that low.
  • ah1141
    Had I been a man, this conversation would have played out very differently, and I certainly wouldn't have been called anorexic or a crazy b*tch. You do the math.
  • PikaKnight
    Had I been a man, this conversation would have played out very differently, and I certainly wouldn't have been called anorexic or a crazy b*tch. You do the math.

No. Actually it wouldn't. But if you want to keep telling yourself that, that's up to you.

ETA: This isn't even your thread.
  • funkyspunky872

Normally, I'd agree, but as Forest Gump says, "Stupid is what stupid does."
  • ah1141
    I'm not encouraging anyone to do anything, so, shut up. Women can be misogynists too...just sayin'
  • Had I been a man, this conversation would have played out very differently, and I certainly wouldn't have been called anorexic or a crazy b*tch. You do the math.
    Surely your post-secondary feminism course would have taught you that it takes more than calling someone a 'crazy b*tch' to make a person a misogynst. Misogyny is indicated by a history of behavior, not by an internet argument.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member

Whether a man or a woman, if you do something stupid, you will get called out for it. It happens every day on the forums, but if you want to ignorantly blame the backlash on the fact that you're a woman, go ahead, you're wrong...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    She's netting it. Meaning she's eating a 1000 cals and doing a bunch of cardio that ends up making it that low.
    I understood that, but even net 500 calories is not good.
  • PikaKnight
    I'm not encouraging anyone to do anything, so, shut up. Women can be misogynists too...just sayin'

You know, when a bunch of people start saying the same thing...you might want to take a step back and wonder if maybe what they are saying hits close to home...especially when you start acting really defensively.
  • PikaKnight

Totally agree with you on that. Just clarified so she didn't get upset about it.
  • ah1141
    Lol, I'm not here to teach you how deeply ingrained misogyny influenced your behaviors on this forum today, and I'm sure you'll never figure it out, so I'm just going to leave it at that.
  • funkyspunky872

And as others have said before, over-exercising (or in her case, over-exorcising) is often a form of purging, suggesting she may be struggling with disordered eating. The fact that she's being so stubborn about this only reinforces this little theory of ours... Hoping she gets help soon!!
This discussion has been closed.