So what's your take on the shake?

Options
I have been looking at Shakology to help with dropping the pounds and would like to hear what others think about this?

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    NO
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    No as well. Eat real food and don't waste money on powdered stuff.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I use a protein powder, so I'm not going to say only eat whole foods. That said, the claims seem to be a little ridiculous for what it can do (it's essentially a multivitamin combined with a protein powder). However, as a protein powder, it seems to fall short in the macro split, and I think there are far better ones out there for at least half to a third of the price.
  • ericzanetti
    ericzanetti Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Over priced and over rated. Make your own shakes.

What are your current goals? Tailor the ingredients to suit them.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend it if you are looking to slim down your wallet quickly.

If you are just looking for a smoothie, there are a ton of recipes on Pinterest.
  • aubtimusprime
    aubtimusprime Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It didn't do much for me and I learned my lesson about buying super expensive shakes from BeachBody. I've found most of their "coaches" are just trying to make a quota and don't really know much about proper training or nutrition. Now I just buy protein powder and make my own shakes. Much cheaper, same results.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    No only does it taste horrible, it's way over priced and none of their ingredients meeting the require dosages to help with anything. There are many other replacement shakes or protein shakes that will cost 1/3 or 1/4 of the price.
  • melindabrock
    melindabrock Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ive heard it is expensive and not as good as ViSalus. I know several people who have used Vi Shakes and lost tons of weight and kept it off without starving. I am about to try them.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Ive heard it is expensive and not as good as ViSalus. I know several people who have used Vi Shakes and lost tons of weight and kept it off without starving. I am about to try them.

I recommend this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1352184-shakeology-3-day-cleanse-questions
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

You don't need those or Shakeology or Herbalife or any of the "It Works" products. Just wastes of money. Eat regular food and learn to eat in a way that you will continue forever.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Save your money and make your own protein shake or smoothie. I have a smoothie for breakfast M-F and I love it. I use protein powder and Greek yogurt in mine to make it more filling.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Waste of money - crap - eat real food!
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I like fries with my shake...
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    OP do a forum search on the subject and you'll find some pretty interesting and compelling threads regarding this, and other fad/trendy/unnecessary/expensive plans.

you really just need to eat food at a healthy deficit and exercise (if you'd like).
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    One more person in telling you not to waste your money. Take a look at the people who are telling you it's junk and have a look at the people telling you it works and make your own judgements.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Jen, how long have you been on it? i ask because it looks like youve been here for 2+ years and have only lost 37lbs. what are you referring to by "great results". if you just havent updated your ticker, my mistake.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I think if I ever decide to give up chewing, I know where all the free DIY soylent recipes are online. If you want to drink your food, learn to make your own.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I love these "spot the coach" threads.
  • iTStaRTsN0W
    iTStaRTsN0W Posts: 106
    Options
    I do not think it is wise to use any type of shake product just for losing weight. I do like the work out dvds though and have been looking into starting PiYo b/c I enjoyed turbofire by Chalean.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Here we go again!!! In for the fun!!

[img]http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag128/ksy1969/Pics for Forums/old-muppet-guys-laughing_zps1f4c47d2.gif[/img]