So what's your take on the shake?

Options

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I love these "spot the coach" threads.

I almost feel like there should be more of them just so we can lure them all out and report them so they can be made to stop posting...
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at Shakology to help with dropping the pounds and would like to hear what others think about this?

It's meant for people who don't want to put in the work and expect some magic pill... put in the work ... you will get the results.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Here we go again!!! In for the fun!!

[img]http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag128/ksy1969/Pics for Forums/old-muppet-guys-laughing_zps1f4c47d2.gif[/img]

To7B5.gif
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    NO!

Overpriced, nasty, garbage.

You can Buy better tasting Protein powder at a fraction of the cost and make your own shakes.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is just expensive crap. You could do better with some higher quality protein powder. Try ON or Cellucor. That being said, you don't even need shakes or powders. Beachbody and its affiliates are just massive money making scams to trick desperate people into getting their products. Plus, no joke that stuff tastes terrible.
  • sdps720
    sdps720 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    well as of today I am down 51# so I must be doing something right... I was just checking with you all cause advise is free. I think I will continue with what I have been doing and save my money for the new wardrobe I'm going to need someday!

BTW- thank you to everyone that gave an answer
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Your wallet will be thinner, if that is what you are going for.

giphy.gif
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    well as of today I am down 51# so I must be doing something right... I was just checking with you all cause advise is free. I think I will continue with what I have been doing and save my money for the new wardrobe I'm going to need someday!

Exactly, you already have it figured out. Your stats show that! Congrats to you and good luck going forward.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

This makes me happy. Good on you, OP!

18ghb1t.gif
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

Awesome.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    It was expensive. Like, I could have bought 2 decent pairs of yoga pants expensive.

It was disgusting and no amount of dressing it up (which added big calories) made it tolerable.

0/10 would never drink again under any circumstances.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

Good job OP!

tumblr_mt80mvKYGn1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at Shakology to help with dropping the pounds and would like to hear what others think about this?

DO IT1 DO IT NOW! YOU WILL NEVER HAVE TO EXERCISE AGAIN!
  • JenPKrew
    JenPKrew Posts: 6
    Options
    I am just curious.. but .. why are people getting treated like this when they ask a simple question? I thought the point of the forums were to get help and advice. I understand some of you do not like BB.. but why be so harsh? Why not just ignore them and let them learn the hard way? Everyone has a right to choose how they want to want to loose weight.. but why should they be subjected to being made fun of and being attacked? Isn't that also against TOS?
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I drink it as a breakfast smoothie every day (I add milk and fruit). I buy it off ebay, so it's cheaper and mostly because I don't want to get hounded by the BBcoaches. It's expensive, but I'm at a place in my life where I can afford to buy it. One bag lasts me almost 2 months. I love the taste and the added health benefits. (and Greenberry's my favorite)

People have such strong feelings about Shakeology, it just boggles my mind. If you can afford it and like it, buy it. If you can't, don't. Pretty simple.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

tumblr_ml7c40V57q1rs4qpso1_500.gif

Also, because of this post, you may end up getting inundated with Beachbody coaches pming. Please note that advertising isn't just a no-no in the forums and groups, but in PMs as well. If this happens, please contact a mod and let them know. :flowerforyou:

Edited because quoted the wrong person.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    I drink it every day. I buy it off ebay, so it's cheaper and mostly because I don't want to get hounded by the BBcoaches. It's expensive, but I'm at a place in my life where I can afford to buy it. One bag lasts me almost 2 months. I love the taste and the added health benefits. (and Greenberry's my favorite)

People have such strong feelings about Shakeology, it just boggles my mind. If you can afford it and like it, buy it. If you can't, don't. Pretty simple.

I could afford it, but I know that I'd rather use that money on a sweet vacation, some cute clothes, or stuff for my kids. I don't see the point in flushing your money down the toilet, no matter how rich you are...
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I am just curious.. but .. why are people getting treated like this when they ask a simple question? I thought the point of the forums were to get help and advice. I understand some of you do not like BB.. but why be so harsh? Why not just ignore them and let them learn the hard way? Everyone has a right to choose how they want to want to loose weight.. but why should they be subjected to being made fun of and being attacked? Isn't that also against TOS?

Can you point to a post where the OP was attacked? I am looking back through the posts and don't see one.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    because we're hangry.....and we're tired of hearing the same line of garbage thrown across the forums a million different ways.....gets old.....tried being nice about it....that didn't work......tried being quick to report.....yet they still come back.....it's like a disease I tells ya!!! \m/
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

There are many people on the forums that have already learned the hard way, which is why they pass along information. Why ignore it and set somebody up to fail? Honesty is a pretty cool thing and the OP now doesn't have to learn the hard way.

eta: it can also help people who lurk around the forums.