So what's your take on the shake?

Options

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I am just curious.. but .. why are people getting treated like this when they ask a simple question? I thought the point of the forums were to get help and advice. I understand some of you do not like BB.. but why be so harsh? Why not just ignore them and let them learn the hard way? Everyone has a right to choose how they want to want to loose weight.. but why should they be subjected to being made fun of and being attacked? Isn't that also against TOS?

No one mistreated OP. She got awesome advice.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    well as of today I am down 51# so I must be doing something right... I was just checking with you all cause advise is free. I think I will continue with what I have been doing and save my money for the new wardrobe I'm going to need someday!

BTW- thank you to everyone that gave an answer

You got this!!! just keep doing what your doing, when you hit a plateau then just change up your routine, increase activity a bit reduce what you eat by a bit but never do these silly things.

Best of luck to you!!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I am just curious.. but .. why are people getting treated like this when they ask a simple question? I thought the point of the forums were to get help and advice. I understand some of you do not like BB.. but why be so harsh? Why not just ignore them and let them learn the hard way? Everyone has a right to choose how they want to want to loose weight.. but why should they be subjected to being made fun of and being attacked? Isn't that also against TOS?

It's because we forgot to add rainbow farting unicorns after each response.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Oh, my apologies.

DON'T DO IT, OP!

buldlbJl.png
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Oh, my apologies.

DON'T DO IT, OP!

buldlbJl.png

RDJ-giggle.gif
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Awe... I was hoping this would be about the Shake Weight.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    My take - completely unnecessary for weight loss and/or fitness.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I think it's ridiculously over priced.
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I think Shakeology works for some. I honestly just can't afford it (though when I was a coach I was told to tell people "you can't afford to not drink it" wih comparisons to how much a Mcdonalds meal costs, or a whopper meal, etc...only thing is...the people who I was "coaching" were like me..stay at home moms who weren't going out to eat daily...therefore, it was definitely an expensive shake :P ) I think it's claims are a little far reached. If you eat a more alkaline diet you can "ward off cancer" too. I think you just have to do what is right for you. I will say though..when I was a coach, I became one so my hubby could become an emerald coach..lol...I liked helping people but I never pushed shakeology or even BB workouts...I was in good shape at the time (from eating right and exercise..did it all BEFORE starting on Shakeology) but felt like anyone can become a coach. The only training we got was how to push Shakeology on people. Some coaches are coaches to get their shakeology cheaper. when it was $120 a month, coaches got it for $90, and made $30 on each customer's bag bought..so basically with 3 customers monthly we were getting a bag of shakeology for free..lol... There is aot of hate for BB coaches on here, but if Shaekology works for people and they can afford it, why not? I just think it's gross and not worth the money it costs.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

Being treated like what?

Edited to clarify: The only person I've seen treated coarsley in this thread was an opportunist who was marketing products.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

Yes...the point of the forums are to get help and advise. Not to be a cheerleader for MLM companies.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options

Huhhh? Because sharing personal experience, advice, support and good old common sense is so much harsher than letting someone "learn the hard way".
  • teenie_71
    teenie_71 Posts: 44
    Options
    Save your money and eat real food.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

The "harshness" that you see isn't directed towards the OP but towards BB itself.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I hear milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. It's probably much cheaper than Shakeology too. :)
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: So what's your take on the shake?

Your a poet and didnt know it
    But dont take the shake for pete's sake
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    NO

I don't even know what shakeology is, but it sounds like a stupid fad. So I agree with this post.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I think Shakeology works for some. I honestly just can't afford it (though when I was a coach I was told to tell people "you can't afford to not drink it" wih comparisons to how much a Mcdonalds meal costs, or a whopper meal, etc...only thing is...the people who I was "coaching" were like me..stay at home moms who weren't going out to eat daily...therefore, it was definitely an expensive shake :P ) I think it's claims are a little far reached. If you eat a more alkaline diet you can "ward off cancer" too. I think you just have to do what is right for you. I will say though..when I was a coach, I became one so my hubby could become an emerald coach..lol...I liked helping people but I never pushed shakeology or even BB workouts...I was in good shape at the time (from eating right and exercise..did it all BEFORE starting on Shakeology) but felt like anyone can become a coach. The only training we got was how to push Shakeology on people. Some coaches are coaches to get their shakeology cheaper. when it was $120 a month, coaches got it for $90, and made $30 on each customer's bag bought..so basically with 3 customers monthly we were getting a bag of shakeology for free..lol... There is aot of hate for BB coaches on here, but if Shaekology works for people and they can afford it, why not? I just think it's gross and not worth the money it costs.

Why not? Because it's not sustainable unless they are going to do it the rest of their lives.

After I lost weight I had a coworker tell me I should look into Advocare products and start selling for them, because I did so great with my weight loss. I told her eff no. I said I lost the weight by learning moderation and exercise, aka hard work. You want me to join your team and lead people to believe they can lose weight like I did on a product I know nothing about and wouldn't touch? Sorry I'm not a liar or a snakeoil salesmen. I was pretty appalled.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: So what's your take on the shake?

Your a poet and didnt know it
    But dont take the shake for pete's sake

This could make for a fun break.

They'll never slake your thirst; just a belly ache till you burst.
    Their marketers should be burned at the stake.
    Flakey, fake snake oil

Hell I'd rather drink hake pureed with a rake;
    Better still, a steak, clam bake or chocolate cake!