and then I cried...

Options
Well I have to tell you, I have always been really big. Even as a child, but this time I think I could really get down to the weight I want to get down to. My very long journey began back in June, when I decided to lose 202 pounds. Yep sounds like alot but I weight ALOT! So I have been going at it like a mad man since then and this morning I stepped on the scale, looked down, and cried. For the past, I don't know, six or seven years I have weighed over three hundred pounds. This morning I weight 299! I know I still have along way to go, but I can't help feeling on top of the world! That's 53 pounds I have lost so far! Just wanted to share my good feelings with everyone else and wish everybody an early Happy Thanksgiving!

Replies

• 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    What wonderful news for you! Keep it up!
  • freightdiva
    freightdiva Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Thanks for sharing your success! Keep up the hard work ..will be looking forward to another post soon!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    That is a HUGE accomplishment! Congratulations!

Charmagne
  • MaryBeth1989
    Options
    What wonderful news! Congrats!
    That is a big stepping stone in your journey :D
  • Vivx
    Vivx Posts: 121
    Options
    welll done !
    thanks for the inspiration having a bad day today !
    keep it up xx
  • baby81girl2003
    baby81girl2003 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep up the great work!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congratulations to you!
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have no doubt it feels awesome to break those hundred barriers. I have been hovering just above 200 for the past month and just want to see it get below that. I know the day will come, it's just a matter of consistency. Congratulations to you for breaking the barrier and good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC!!! You have to feel SO proud of yourself!! Way to go!!
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    You're my hero! I look so forward to the day I tip that scale my way and it is below 300 lbs.
  • jme959
    jme959 Posts: 18
    Options
    congratulations!!! you are doing great...keep upo the good work
  • bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    Options
    Congratulations that is awesome! So happy for you! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • lisamt83
    lisamt83 Posts: 119
    Options
    That is awesome!!! I am really happy for you! Keep up the good work!!
  • DayAtATime
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I wish you the best on your quest for a healthier life. It looks like you are really heading in the right direction. God bless...keep at it!
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!! keep going!:smile:
  • KnittingKnadine
    Options
    That is amazing and an inspiration. Keep up the great work.
  • dannie926
    dannie926 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You really shoud be on top of the world today! It takes alot of had work and motivation to lose over 50lbs. My journey has just begun. Your post is a real encouragement! Thank you for the post I look forward to more.
  • jennicain
    Options
    Wow! GREAT job! That is a huge step and I know how it feels to see results after waiting so long! Sometimes we don't know how it will affect us! I started my current diet in September and at my first doctor appt/weigh in I cried when I got on the scale and had lost 29 pounds! I cried again when I could wear a gorgeous winter coat I hadn't worn in three years! It's good to cry tears of joy instead of tears of sadness, frustration and shame! Keep up the good work and we'll all be looking for more posts soon!! Happy Holidays!! :wink:
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful start to my day to read your story. Thank you, and congrats! Happy Thanksgiving to you too.:flowerforyou:
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for getting below 300. That must feel incredible. Keep up the great work. You're doing amazing and are so inspirational. Good luck as you continue.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!