Is there anyone NICE!?

Options

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    "I only want to get feedback that validates everything I'm doing, even if I'm doing something wrong or unsafe."

-Every person who's ever posted a "mean people" thread

This...and my day is complete now that there's been the daily Mean People thread. Anyone else get bingo? ?

I got BINGO 20 minutes ago when I found Salted Caramel Talenti.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    "If you think everyone around you is a jerk, maybe it's just you." --me
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I'm actually a really nice person. Many of my friends who are considered "mean" on here are very nice people. Maybe people should stop focusing on tone and presentation and more on the words in the post. The knowledge and help that is often overlooked by defensive feelings.

I'm sorry if people were mean to you, OP, but please keep and open mind and try and take what people say with a grain of salt and read the truth in the comments and not the harshness that sometimes comes with direct, blunt advice.

Good luck OP. I hope you make your goals!

tumblr_lxtd14Qo741r98rqco1_400.gif

Listen to her (and Dave Grohl) there is much wisdom in her post.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Pass
    the dutchie to the left hand side.
  • JenPKrew
    JenPKrew Posts: 6
    Options
    I've been on MFP for years, just on different accounts. Every time I go on a post, I always see that one mean person. You can't even ask a question on here without someone telling you how you feel or telling you about your own life.

I don't need a counselor, telling me what I should do with my life; I already have one.

So why is everyone so mean? Or trying to tell ME how I feel??!

Please don't be rude on this post, I am just looking for NICE people.

I don't need a "congrats" everyday, just want to see other people and how their doing with their progress :)

18 years old, going to college in Fall
    SW:220
    CW:213.6
    GW:198 (for now)

So if you're nice, I will add/accept. Everyone needs a good friend on here. :)
    :blushing: :flowerforyou: :love: :smile:
    **And I am sure I am not the only person who feels this way**

I have seen mean people here, but they usually get smacked down and booted pretty quickly by the mods.

I have to admit, I am amused by the irony of someone who openly admits to having misrepresented herself on this site for years lecturing the community at large on proper behavior.

I literally just came back like 2 days ago.. and pretty much every thread I read.. there are people bashing others and making fun of them for what they are or not doing. I never used to see this about 5 years ago. This is supposed to be a place where people get information and advice.. but all I see is gif's making fun of people.
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Everyone is starving and cranky! Eating at a calorie deficit sucks!

LOL yup that's probably it :D
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I have found nothing but nice people here... blunt and to the point... oh hell yes... but mean... not so much...

I have said it once, I will say it a MILLION times... you want mean, go to Babycenter or Sodahead for mean (and I will throw in the Knot too) and this place will forever be glitter and unicorns pooping out rainbows...

unicornrainbow1.jpg
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Pass
    the dutchie to the left hand side.
    :flowerforyou:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    "I only want to get feedback that validates everything I'm doing, even if I'm doing something wrong or unsafe."

-Every person who's ever posted a "mean people" thread

url.gif

42069_formatted_chrisfarley.gif
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Hearing the truth in a no-nonsense way =/= "mean"

I'm nice...mostly
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    In.
  • LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm actually a really nice person. Many of my friends who are considered "mean" on here are very nice people. Maybe people should stop focusing on tone and presentation and more on the words in the post. The knowledge and help that is often overlooked by defensive feelings.

I'm sorry if people were mean to you, OP, but please keep and open mind and try and take what people say with a grain of salt and read the truth in the comments and not the harshness that sometimes comes with direct, blunt advice.

Simon-Pegg-Laugh-Chuckle-Thumbs-Up-Gif.gif
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Pass. You seem too high maintenance for me.

Here's a helpful tip though: you can always send friend requests to the people that YOU think are nice.
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    If you've been here for years as you say, why post this in the Introductions section? Its like you are standing at the MFP doors and telling all the new kids " don't go in there- they're mean".
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options

tumblr_inline_mgharwXaaz1r05my7.gif
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I am not even sure what you are trying to get at here. Is this a mean people thread? Is this an "I'm looking for friends" thread or is it some kind of grouping everyone as mean just because one person was mean to you thread? Honestly, someone already said it....you are suppose to be 18 to use this site, so if you are saying you have been here a few years then you clearly were not old enough to be.....maybe you are lying about your age? I don't think I can even take this one serious.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

tumblr_inline_mgharwXaaz1r05my7.gif

Now I have the urge to watch that 70's show... and listen to the Foo Fighters.
  • Moragne69
    Moragne69 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello and how are you .

I am new to the site and would love all the encouragement I can get .

Best of luck to you

CC
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Hello and how are you .

I am new to the site and would love all the encouragement I can get .

Best of luck to you

CC
    Solid first post, bro.
This discussion has been closed.