Replies

• doIdaretoeatapeach
    doIdaretoeatapeach Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can't help it. I'm just an *kitten*.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    This may be mean, but I cannot possibly take a 19 year old duck face seriously.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You go into a thread and always find that ONE mean person, and then ask if there is anyone NICE?

I mean, if it's just ONE mean person, then there are lots of people in that thread that are NICE.

:huh:
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    "I only want to get feedback that validates everything I'm doing, even if I'm doing something wrong or unsafe."

-Every person who's ever posted a "mean people" thread

url.gif

42069_formatted_chrisfarley.gif

Cute Gif
  • SomberG
    SomberG Posts: 36
    Options
    I haven't met any mean people yet. Everyone seems so supportive.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for years, just on different accounts. Every time I go on a post, I always see that one mean person. You can't even ask a question on here without someone telling you how you feel or telling you about your own life.

Thread Title: "Is there anyone NICE!?

Statistics, see bolded sections
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    i dont think so:noway:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    How can you have been on here for "years" if you are only 18?
    Laughs......I didn't even have to type it!

Was wondering this myself.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

1257765644_monkeys.gif

:laugh: you can tell they share so much DNA with humans...

I love how the mother chimp doesn't go after the baby chimp who pushed pushed her baby in the water. A lot of human mothers would... if it was my baby I'd be looking for the parent(s) of the kid who pushed my kid in the water!
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Here is what I've been seeing on the forums:

Original Poster: Hi! I'm eating 500 calories a day, is this ok?
    Concerned Poster #1: No. Its not.
    Concerned Poster #2: You need to eat more than that, that is dangerous!
    Original Poster: You meanies! My feelings are hurt!!!

Mostly everyone here is just trying to help. Its easy to mistake people's tones of voice, because we are online. But most of the time, maybe, just maybe some of the people claiming others here are mean are just too sensitive.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    So you've been violating the ToS of MFP for years if you had accounts on here and were under 18...
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    We know that MFP members are total jerks on the message boards but it is pretty cool to have that verified every once in a while. Thanks!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I have yet to see any truly mean people on MFP.

There's sarcasm, honesty and GIFS, but I've never seen anyone be downright mean.

And I mean, it's the internet anyway... what do you expect? Flower and rainbows everywhere? Maybe there's a subReddit for that....
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    So you've been violating the ToS of MFP for years if you had accounts on here and were under 18...

I wonder if that's grounds for a banning.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

1257765644_monkeys.gif

:laugh: you can tell they share so much DNA with humans...

I love how the mother chimp doesn't go after the baby chimp who pushed pushed her baby in the water. A lot of human mothers would... if it was my baby I'd be looking for the parent(s) of the kid who pushed my kid in the water!

My thoughts exactly. It's hard to see, but the other parent monkey pushes the little stinker between his legs and behind him. Much as a father would do.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    We're all meanies.

i2KUZ1oo0fwTE.gif
  • tcamp02
    tcamp02 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm so relieved to see your post! I've been on MFP for a couple of years but just started using the message boards a couple of days ago. I honestly just wanted to get new friends and help other people be successful (I've been within 5 lbs of my goal weight for over 2 years now) but I found myself being attacked. I'm not sure what's going on here but I would love to have some friends and just support each other without the rudeness.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    We know that MFP members are total jerks on the message boards but it is pretty cool to have that verified every once in a while. Thanks!
    True.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'm so relieved to see your post! I've been on MFP for a couple of years but just started using the message boards a couple of days ago. I honestly just wanted to get new friends and help other people be successful (I've been within 5 lbs of my goal weight for over 2 years now) but I found myself being attacked. I'm not sure what's going on here but I would love to have some friends and just support each other without the rudeness.

That's because advertising is not acceptable on here, and you've been guilty of it.
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    in for tinfoil fridays
This discussion has been closed.