Why I shouldn't listen to my husband...

Options
13»

Replies

• Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Omg those look soooooo good. I bet they are delicious frozen.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'll be making those next weekend.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    my hubs would ask for them with puppy dog eyes and then he would eat them all. I try to say to no him because he needs the weight control but then I suck at turning him down.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Just for a size reference

DSCN1338_zps15d6b1d9.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I doubled the chocolate chips and skipped the walnuts:

www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cookie-dough-truffles

edit to add: I only used 1 pack of candy coating, because I made my truffles a little bigger than the recipe calls for.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just keep them in the freeze -- only keep a few in the fridge and it will keep you from eating 5 or 6 at a time cause you will have to wait for them to thaw.

If it was me, I would knaw on them frozen, until they thawed. Hahaha :laugh: :wink: :tongue:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    My advice is...
    fedex them to me. I will take care of those for you. Yep. I'm nice like that.
    :)
    Bump!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    You should have enough to share with the class.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    My husband is a skinny mickey and I have to feed him up with cake every day, chocolate, sweets after meals, beer etc or he fades away and all his bones stick out. Chocolate fudge cupcakes are his favourite. I make fabulous ones, along with lemon and blueberry muffins with lemon curd inside.:tongue::wink: I also make him lemon shortbread to have with his morning coffee.:love:
    Luckily for me I'm the salty one and I'm not tempted.:bigsmile:
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    You should have enough to share with the class.

I made 4 dozen! I live in Columbia, SC. C'mon and get some :P
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    My husband is a skinny mickey and I have to feed him up with cake every day, chocolate, sweets after meals, beer etc or he fades away and all his bones stick out. Chocolate fudge cupcakes are his favourite. I make fabulous ones, along with lemon and blueberry muffins with lemon curd inside.:tongue::wink: I also make him lemon shortbread to have with his morning coffee.:love:
    Luckily for me I'm the salty one and I'm not tempted.:bigsmile:

I love just about anything involving lemon curd. One of my favorite dessert flavors. Chocolate is delicious but it comes in behind Citrus, seedless raspberry, and apple cinnamon desserts for me. My favorite "truffle" thing to make is a lemon and white chocolate combo. So yummy.
  • Ihatecoldsoup
    Options
    Why didn't you make some for only him? Why 4 dozen?
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    My plan, initially, was to take them to a cookout with several friends and share most of them, while reserving a dozen for us. The cook out didn't happen. I'll be giving some away, I think.
  • slr90
    slr90 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    They look so yummy!