100 Pounds Lost (Picture Heavy)

Options
Coach_Simon
Coach_Simon Posts: 254 Member
Never in my life would I have thought I'd be creating a post like this. Having lost that much weight is seriously crazy. Back when I was starting this journey, I was happy with just 5 pounds, but now that I've reached the 3 digits, I'm excited as ever and it just thrives me more.

I have started with MFP in February 2012. Sure, some of you might think that it's taken me a hell of a while to get to this point, but I'm just really happy I DID get here. It hasn't been easy at all, but I've powered through no matter what. I came across huge boulders on my path, obstacles that set me back for a while. When I thought that that was it, I came back stronger.

Here's a short description of my journey: (For more details visit my previous posts)

When I started in 2012 I was going really strong for the first 6-7 months. After that I stopped losing weight and got discouraged. I was wondering why the hell I was working so hard when nothing seemed to work. Eating at 1600 calories left me hungry most of the time and even though I was working out 6 times a week I started gaining weight again. A little bit over 10 pounds I had worked so hard to get rid off came back. So I tried to just maintain my weight until the end of the year.

It actually went pretty great, when I got a second push in January 2013. I started including strength training in my schedule and started losing again. I also adjusted my calorie intake to my TDEE and was doing great. Fall came around and we got the news that my father-in-law was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. I tried as much as possible to stay on track and continue exercise, and even though it worked for a while, I couldn't keep it up. We were taking him to several doctors appointment only to find out that there was nothing they could do. Time passed and an extremely depressing time rolled over me. Through all that I was able to keep my weight at maintanance.

The year 2014 started and my FIL got so bad that somebody had to be with him 24/7. While my wife offered to help, I tried to not only support myself and not lose my head, but I also tried to be a rock for my wife. Beginning of February rolled around when hospice was called in. It was a tough time with barely any food and sleep. He passed away in the middle of February.

We mourned, we cried, we remembered, but nothing else seemed to happen. I was absent from MFP for a while, trying to find myself again. Then I realized how precious life is. That nothing can be taken for granted and no matter how old or healthy one is, things just happen. So I re-trained my brain and went back into it.

Next my MIL fell in her house in June and laid there for two days. She was transported to the hospital and is now in rehab. We have been looking for assisted living places, found one and am now in transition of packing and cleaning her house, selling some of her belongings and then move it all eventually. My workouts have been on pause, so I focuse on my eating. All the workouts I get over at the house are helping a lot, but I can't wait to get back onto an actual exercise schedule. Should happen within the next 4 weeks - hopefully!

I've gone beyond measures and have never felt this strong and this great about myself. Every week I was able to drop more and more weight, fit into smaller clothes and felt better about the way I looked. I have now lost 100 pounds and I am litereally unstoppable.

Through all this pain and heartache I came out stronger! Ready to tackle the last 60 pounds and look and feel like I'm meant to be. It's been a hell of a fight, but nothing worth fighting for is easy. I've been accompanied by so many great friends here on MFP. Friends who support me no matter what. People who listen to what I have to say. My wife has never stopped believing in me and she's been at my side through anything.

I have become a better man. A secure guy who knows what he wants. I have learned so many things and I know I have yet to learn more. So remember, no matter how hard you have to fight, no matter how long it's going to take you - DON'T STOP! Keep your head in the game and continue moving forward. I promise you, you won't regret it!

Starting Weight: 339 lbs.

Current Weight: 239 lbs.

79c5caec-b925-44af-b93b-3fd08258cfa1_zps81d32c0d.jpg

S1_zpse709e67d.jpg

c809d3b3-c3ac-4b17-8701-e9c90a68d11f_zps7d0ff222.jpg

S4_zps4f6793ab.jpg

S5_zpsd63c339a.jpg

S3_zps460ba35a.jpg

99acafaf-9366-4334-86c2-7d662264a42f_zps129ec234.jpg

13186e8817eb11e3a64f22000a1f968e_7_zpsbe85de6a.jpg

CAM00549_zps69f7b99c.jpg

CAM00079_zps326be1c3.jpg

CAM00557_zpscb9c46b0.jpg

CAM00551_zps1822dcd0.jpg

Replies

• blakedebo
    blakedebo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    wow, awesome transformation! congrats!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel as great as you look!
  • pokeytoemomma
    pokeytoemomma Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow, Congratulations! You look awesome. Thanks for your story.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    You've done an incredible job! Great work!
  • lofeisgood
    lofeisgood Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! Thank you for posting pictures!!! You look awesome!!!
  • Coach_Simon
    Options
    Thank you, guys. I do feel incredible!
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Proof that you can do it despite everything that life throws at us. Nice job.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look AWESOME.
  • jstavix
    jstavix Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! One day I want to be posting pics just like you. Thanks for being an inspiration. You just never know who this post will touch tonight and make them decide to try because you did :)

Kudos!
  • HellaCarriefornia
    HellaCarriefornia Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    So inspirational! Congratulations!
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You must be so proud:drinker:
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    This is such a wonderful example of how to keep working on your goal no matter what life throws at you. We all get crapped on at points in our life (admittedly some worse than others). How do we handle it? I admire the strength it took you to press 'pause' as needed, and then hit play again as you could. A tremendous example of perseverance.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. You did a great job. All the best with your MIL. You should be proud or yourself. You are a good example for pushing through the tough times in life. Congrats!
  • Coach_Simon
    Options
    You guys are amazing! Thanks for all the love! It is more than appreciated.:happy:
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    Your post reminded me if a book I just read. New Rules of Lifting. He says something about when we have a lot of extra house work, yard work, whatever, that weight need to remember that it really is a workout in itself. You have the right priorities. You have done an amazing job! So wonderful for a SIL to help with his inlaws.
  • amongstthewildflowers
    amongstthewildflowers Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow you look incredible, congratulations! You truly should be so proud of yourself! Thanks for being an inspiration to us all.
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing! Keep it up!!

I can't wait to have my success story post :D
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    amazing!!! keep up the awesome work!
  • 4msmayes206
    4msmayes206 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story and great success story. I really like how you tracked your success in pictures. They really tell the story of your hard work and transformation. Continues success and happiness to you. I know that you are enjoying the celebration. I look forward to being able to post with your same topic - 100 Pounds Lost. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!