What to do with tuna

Options

Replies

• Mzemel
    Mzemel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Made this for lunch the other day. It was delicious.
    http://mobile.eatingwell.com/recipes/tuscan_style_tuna_salad.html
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I put mine inside an avocado. I add salt and cayenne pepper to the tuna.
  • DonnaVSG
    DonnaVSG Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat tuna is with fire roasted salsa and a bit of plain greek yogurt. I add a variety of spices depending on my mood - anything from your basic S&P to more adventurous stuff. The sky is the limit.
  • gypsyone96
    gypsyone96 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Make a tuna salad with onion, black pepper, lemon, and some lettuce/tomatoes/etc...
  • dannibefit
    dannibefit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I mix in egg whites, spices such as cayenne pepper, peppadew and chopped up spring onion and make tuna patties with it. :smile:
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I havent tried the vinegars yet but I want too. I usually mix mine with guacamole.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I have been having this for lunch lately and it is so good!

1 can of tuna topped with 1 chopped roma tomato then drizzle a little bit of Kens Light Options Sweet Vidalia Onion dressing. Sometimes I add some croutons for crunch and have a side of cottage cheese with it. Very good and very filling too!
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Tuna with salsa is very good.

I made this quite often. I don't have exact measurements, it's only a few ingredients. Just adjust to your liking:
    Penne
    Can of tuna
    Kalamata black olives ( whole or sliced)
    Pesto

Cook your penne, keep some cooking water before draining them. Mix the flaked tuna, olives, penne and pesto together. For every 1/4 of pesto you use mix it with two tbsp of coking water. It can be eaten cold or hot. Before I tried it I was suspicious of how it would turn out, but It is a great pasta recipe!

Ok now I am going to experiment some skillet tuna melt with Dijon mustard for lunch. :smile: I hope it turns out good
  • tralala99
    tralala99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bumping this to save for later.
  • Cbargert
    Cbargert Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm justing bumping this so I can follow all the great ideas. I can't wait to try some.
  • latewinterwolf
    Options
    Tina Fishcakes, Tuna melt, Tuna and sweetcorn quiche, Tuna bake
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    strain and plop it right on top of salad greens with tomato and hard boiled eggs. Top with vinaigrette and olives. Profit.
  • Bethabee_
    Bethabee_ Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/2714-take-it-to-go-packable-lunch-recipes

^^THIS!^^ I just made this yesterday, didn't think about taking pictures. It was AMAZING and only 250ish calories!
  • Mr_Starr
    Mr_Starr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm totally trying this! I buy miracle whip once a year b/c I get the idea to make some new recipe and I go through less than 4tbsp by the time it expires. It really sucks they don't sell it in smaller jars (even the smallest and lowest cal 'dressing' jars 15cals are too big)...

Try making your own majo. It is easy and quick. And you can make just the amount you need.

I normally despise mayo. But homemade majo is so much better. I think the difference is because it is fresh and I can control the oil (I am allergic to many oils).
  • KBrushing
    KBrushing Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Here is one easy and tasty dish using tuna and cabbage:

1 small head of cabbage finely shredded
    1 med. onion thinly sliced and chopped
    1 can of tuna drained
    2 tbsp. soy sauce
    2 tbsp. canola oil
    1 tsp sesame oil

In large skillet heat canola oil and add cabbage and onion. Sauté until tender crisp. Stir in sesame oil, stir one minute and then add drained tuna. Saute one more minute and then add soy sauce. Mix well and remove from heat. Season to taste (I like to add fresh cracked black pepper)

Makes a quick and yummy dinner!
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    My plan for lunch today and tomorrow:
    Tuscan Tuna Salad Sandwiches (Recipe from The 400-Calorie Cookbook)
    4 Servings (Nutrition Info per serving: 340 calories, 10 g fat, 1.5 g sat fat, 620 mg sodium, 43 g carb, 8 g fiber, 21 g protein, 15% dv calcium)

1 can (6 oz) water-packed light tuna, drained
    1 can (15-19 oz) small white beans, rinsed and drained ~ I use cannellini
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
    1/4 cup chopped dry-pack sun-dried tomatoes ~ If you have oil-packed, reduce or eliminate olive oil
    2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
    2 tbsp. finely chopped shallots
    2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
    2 tbsp. olive oil
    2 tbsp. low-fat plain yogurt

Combine all above ingredients. I never include lemon juice because I don't like it and I sometimes eliminate shallots and it still turns out to be tasty.

4 large (6.5") whole wheat pitas
    1 cup shredded romaine lettuce

Cut each pita in half. Fill with 2 tbsp. lettuce and 1/2 cup tuna mixture. Enjoy!

I plan on serving this with a salad of spring mix, baby carrots, cucumber slices, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I like my tuna with chopped white onion, light hellmans mayo and seasoned with either a bit of adobo or salt, black pepper, and garlic. So delicious in a wrap with lettuce and tomato.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    1 cup rice, 1 can tuna, 1/2 cup tomato puree, a ton of spices, 1/2 cup mixed vegetables

Sooooooooooo good! About 700-800 calories, but soooooooooo good! I save calories throughout the day so I can have this for dinner all of the time!
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Add a lil Tzatiki Cucumber Dressing and put some chopped green onion and tomatoes in it. Then mix it with some noodles. Kind of a healthier take on Tuna Casserole.
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    bump for later