Options

Replies

• steffipaulina
    Options
    I prefer to keep it low carb so I like to have:

-sliced pickles with tuna on top with a little mayo/mustard on top
    -mix it with extra virgin olive oil or mayo and dip sliced cucumber in it
    - use leaves of head lettuce and make little wraps - dip in mayo/mustard
    -slice wide sweet pepper slices and put tuna on top, drizzle extra virgin olive oil
  • bluebell88xx
    bluebell88xx Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That accidental salad sounds amazing! haha
  • matildamagic
    matildamagic Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My standard lunch at work is boiling a nest of noodles and frozen veg in some water and miso paste, then adding a tin of tuna and some soy sauce. It's delish!
  • VictoriaDarleneGale
    Options
    Yummy bump
  • vanillabananas
    vanillabananas Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this has already been suggested but yesterday for dinner I made something similar to Tuna Helper but healthier and low-carbs! :D and only needs three ingredients (but you can add veggies or whatever floats your boat)

Ingredients:
    Al Dente Spinach Fettuccine (1&1/2 cup dry)
    Bertolli Light Alfredo Sauce (1/4 cup)
    Starkist Chunk Light Tuna in Water (1 can)
  • robinmmurphy3
    robinmmurphy3 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Tabitha_Faye
    Options
    Bump now, read later. :)
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I take a can of tuna, mix it with 1/2 cup of grated zucchini and 1/4 cup eggbeater and make tuna patties that I bake in the oven

you can also add breadcrumbs and/or fry depending on your tastes

(The original recipe called for Panko/bread crumbs but I am working on reducing added carbs as a diabetic so it worked for me without the breadcrumbs)

You can season to taste, add other veggies as well or cheese

It is a pretty versatile recipe
  • fulaless
    fulaless Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can't say I would rather have it more than tuna with Pringles, and it may have already been said, but I just discovered tuna with cottage cheese is awesome. I have been adding grain mustard, relish, sunny seeds, green onions, celery,
    salad greens and a crumbled rice cake this week to suit my tastes even more. I would have never guessed the combo would be so good and filling.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I have been taking packets of Bumble Bee tuna... They have flavors like sundried tomato and olive oil... I take that with a Laughing Cow wedge and put it on a bagel thin. Pop it on the George Foreman for a few minutes. So good!
  • MizPassion
    MizPassion Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later. I love tuna :)
  • daniicaliforniaa93
    Options
    Bump.
  • Lolikei
    Lolikei Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love tuna, though I generally seek out tuna in oil or olive oil because packing it in water destroys texture and flavor. My nutritionist friends all tell me it's a major mistake to avoid fats when dieting. Fats don't make you fat (exception of fried foods). So I love me my butter, olive oil, bacon fact, avocados, cashews, peanut butter and the like because they make me feel full and happy for a long time, and take away my sugar cravings.

My favorite way to eat tuna is tossed in a salad with chopped fresh kale; minced red onion and garlic; sliced olives (fresh kalamata or green if you can get them) and lots of celery; chopped tomato (parsley and cucumber too, if you want); lemon juice, a dash of red or white wine vinegar; a nice drizzling of olive oil and a bit of mayo (that Best Foods balsamic is nice). If you MUST, you could use one of those low fat mayos or even yogurt. But the oil helps bring life back to the tuna, and significantly cuts the amount of mayo you need so the salad isn't too dry. (And olive oil is better for you than mayo.) Finish it off with whatever floats your boat - a sprinkling of French or Italian green herbs, black pepper, a little parmesan or feta cheese. And since it's kale, it stays pleasantly crisp for a few days even with dressing, so it's a good make-ahead.
  • Rinchan21
    Options
    bump
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Feed it to unwanted house guests...
  • mineonle
    Options
    Bump
  • mineonle
    Options
    Bump
  • borfor
    borfor Posts: 1
    Options
    I mix it with greek yogurt and dill pickels. Another tasty version is mixing it with salsa for a spiced up sandwhich. I drain before mixing too.
  • Michellekutz1
    Options
    Tuna cakes (like crab cakes)!

12 oz tuna in water
    2 large eggs
    celery/ onion chopped
    ole bay seasoning

Mix together throw in the over for 30-45 min at 375. great flavor, LOVE THEM
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Saute it in a pan with onions, garlic,mushrooms, broccoli then toss with parm, light ricota and whole wheat pasta