Your most hated BUG!

Options

Replies

• Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Hornets. They're evil. Runner up, those little gnat things that seem like their sole purpose in life is to be eaten by runners.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    brown recluse spiders

when I was a kid one bit my dad and I got to witness his arm rot & look like it was a burned pussing dead tree for months

if it would of been my sister or I that got bite could of easily died

soooo brown recluse spiders have always scared me since
  • slr90
    slr90 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Moths and butterflies...ickkkk
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    While technically not bugs, I have a problem with anything that has more than six legs: spiders, ticks, centipedes, millipedes, silverfish, earwigs, etc.
  • lokepa
    lokepa Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Does my ex-wife count? She bugs the hell outta me...
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Flu
  • graceyykim
    graceyykim Posts: 17
    Options
    BIG ol' moths. yeck!!
  • _JustDG_
    _JustDG_ Posts: 1,584
    Options
    House centipedes.
  • MonsterSugarBug
    Options
    While technically not bugs, I have a problem with anything that has more than six legs: spiders, ticks, centipedes, millipedes, silverfish, earwigs, etc.

Ugh, this! Heebity jeebities just reading this.... Minus the spiders. I'm ok with spiders, especially the cute fuzzy jumping spiders!! So fuzzy and adorable! Oh, maggots...ugh...can't stand them, my skin crawls and I get all twitchy and just need to get away as fast as possible and god help whoever is between me and the exit!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Not reading any more...got through page 1. just no.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I hate spiders, flies, crickets, spiders, earwigs, cockroaches, spiders, ants and oh did I say spiders...
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I hike A LOT. In fact, I've hiked somewhere in the 150-200 mile range this year, and I don't have a lot of free time (work FT, student FT, lots of volunteering).

I've always marveled that I've spent so much time in the woods for so many years and have never had a tick attach. I get mosquito bites (I don't get that red bump reaction anymore, so I don't know I've been bitten unless I see it happen), and get very very annoyed at mosquitoes and flies swarming. What upsets me most is that bug spray doesn't seem to do much, if anything.

The bug I hate most, as of right now, is a tick. This is because I just did a 6+ mile hike today with mosquitoes and flies swarming. But today was the first time I ever had a tick attach.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Forgot about horseflies. Just got bit by one the other day at the pool. Why the hell are they always around pools?
  • kittykat11111
    Options
    Earwigs
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Earwigs -
    good one, I'm going with assassin beetles. :angry:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Roaches. If I see just one, I feel like my skin is crawling for about 20 minutes afterwards.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Earwigs

Good answer.

For some reason I LOATHE junebugs.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Forgot about horseflies. Just got bit by one the other day at the pool. Why the hell are they always around pools?

Horseflies are a lot like mosquitoes... females bite mammals and also use water to aid in reproduction. Horseflies lay eggs usually over water so that the larvae falls into the water then the eggs hatch, and then there are several stages of growth after that.
  • BlessedMama12
    BlessedMama12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree! Bugs or any other unwanted creature is awful to get in the living space like home or cottage or even tent,bbbbrrr...
  • BlessedMama12
    BlessedMama12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks God in that case that we got no swimming pool in the city and I neither swimming in the cottage lake of our property! Gross.