Juice fast

Options
I have been off this site for 8 months . I could not maintain a 14 to 1500 calorie a day plan which is essential if you really want to lose weight. I know i will get skeptics but the only real solution for me was to go on juice fast I am on day 7 and i lost 11 lbs . MFP is great but what i lost in 7 days would have taken me more than a month with MFP What i have learned during this fast which i might end by the end of next week , is to appreciate small amts of food fruits veggies etc. It is much easier to transition to 1400 calories or less per day after doing a juice cleanse because although you will lose weight there is a price to peid and that is pure torture and some starvation. If you stick to the green juices every 3 hrs or so you wont feel hungry but at some point you will crave food but not in that drastic sense as if you just drank water . I will be back on the calorie count shortly

Replies

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Ok then.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    lol.
  • jennalennafur
    jennalennafur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Have fun with that.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I"m glad you're enjoying a juice fast, but how are you sure you'll stick to 1400 once you're done and it won't seem like torture?

I'm honestly curious. Have you done this before, so you know how you adjust back to solid foods.

FWIW, on a challenge (like many food related things I do) I drank only juice for 3 days. By the third day, I thought I was hallucinating, so I added in some ground up flax seeds to get me thru the last day with some more fat and protein. It's so funny what the right mix of carb/protein/fat is for each individual, Vive la différence!!
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    this is for people that want a lifestyle change.

or use it for daily life.

a fast is a fast - it is not sustainable nor should it be a recommendation because it ruins ppls lifestyle.
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    At some point OP, you are going to have to eat solid food again. Then what? From what I understand about fasting is that it is not a long term weight loss or weight management aid. The weight you have lost on this fast is mostly water weight and will return once you begin eating solid food again. It may help you kick start a long term weight loss program, but it will not maintain one. I agree with Mr Tolerable, MFP is for lifestyle change. It needs to be a permanent change. Do it gradually. Do it slowly. Slower is better. All the best! :)
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    It would really help you in the long run to learn and understand the difference between water weight loss and fat weight loss.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    LMBO!!!
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Whatever floats your boat. Are you at least using vegetable juices like V8 Tropical? That has to be better for you than straight apple juice, grape juice, or cranberry juice.
  • kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I think one day a month on just juice would be great. The stomach gets used to being filled up, so on fast day it would shrink a little bit, making the next day that much easier. I have a blood sugar problem, or I would do it.
  • healthyeating555
    Options
    No its rough real rough but i needed cleanse or better word is quick fix to drop the weight Feel good when you finally watch the scale moving somewhat because i was obviously abusing the calorie counting . I will stick to 1400 because i learn to appreciate food or the small amounts of it more than ever after fasting
  • izerop
    izerop Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey man, I have been juicing once a day for about 3 months now, and it has done wonders for me healthwise and keeping me under my calorie goals. I also did a fast to "kick off" my change in lifestyle and it's just my opinion that it helped me get acustom to drinking juice, and eating less calories. Perhaps shrinking my stomach in the process. All I know is, it works. I crave my juice and I will continue it. You'll probably end up needing less and less fruits in your juices as time goes on too. I have found that one apple or a single orange will cover a load of veggies now.

Do what works for you, but don't kill yourself, eat clean.
  • healthyeating555
    Options
    Here we go again with the water weight I knew i would hear it from someone. Weight loss is weight loss whether its water loss or whatnot . By making a statement such as that regardless of whether or not your right or wrong destroys the happiness of ones achievements Thank you for the inspiration
  • healthyeating555
    Options
    I should have thought twice about posting a thread of this nature let alone coming back to this site PERIOD. Water weight haters strike again
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I should have thought twice about posting a thread of this nature let alone coming back to this site PERIOD. Water weight haters strike again

Is this a "success story" or a "general diet and weight loss help" story? Water weight loss is great and all until, well, you drink that water weight back again lol. Whatever makes you happy is all that matters :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Thank you . You have to realize that some of the people on here are not advocates of juicing because this site only caters to calorie counting freaks who use the water weight theory to support their jealousy Juice fast does help i dont recommend it for a long stretch but the most important aspect of it is that is cleans your system out and replaces the bad stuff with vitamins and nutrients through green juices

What exactly needs to be cleaned out of your system?

How does this vitamin and nutrient "replacement" work?

Just curious, you know, for science.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I have been off this site for 8 months . I could not maintain a 14 to 1500 calorie a day plan which is essential if you really want to lose weight. I know i will get skeptics but the only real solution for me was to go on juice fast I am on day 7 and i lost 11 lbs . MFP is great but what i lost in 7 days would have taken me more than a month with MFP What i have learned during this fast which i might end by the end of next week , is to appreciate small amts of food fruits veggies etc. It is much easier to transition to 1400 calories or less per day after doing a juice cleanse because although you will lose weight there is a price to peid and that is pure torture and some starvation. If you stick to the green juices every 3 hrs or so you wont feel hungry but at some point you will crave food but not in that drastic sense as if you just drank water . I will be back on the calorie count shortly

A juice fast isn't healthy or sustainable life-long. I hate to burst your bubble but the 11 lbs you've lost is mostly water weight. Not fat. Weight loss requires diligence, patience, and hard work. It requires a whole lot of willpower to eat in moderation. You are clearly lacking that and unfortunately a juice fast can't give you willpower.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous of a 54 year old man from Brooklyn.

Yes. That's it.
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thank you . You have to realize that some of the people on here are not advocates of juicing because this site only caters to calorie counting freaks who use the water weight theory to support their jealousy Juice fast does help i dont recommend it for a long stretch but the most important aspect of it is that is cleans your system out and replaces the bad stuff with vitamins and nutrients through green juices

Just so you know, lashing out at people does NOT make them more responsive to your fast. You can't force people to like what you're doing. This site isn't just for calorie counting freaks. It's for anyone who's looking to lose weight and it's a great fitness tool in that regard. Why judge when you don't want to be judged? I'm one of those calorie counting freaks you speak of and without it I wouldn't lose weight. Fasting is great and all, I appreciate it, but water weight, regardless of how much overall weight you lost, still creeps back up if you don't slowly introduce foods back into your diet. It will drastically increase if you aren't careful because it's not necessarily fat/muscle you've lost. Be nice and people will be nice to you. The street goes both ways.
  • healthyeating555
    Options
    Tell you what dude i will bet the ranch that if i lose 50 lbs in the next 55 days on the juice fast you will tell me its water weight that i lost