Sweat? Is it actually melted fat?

Options

Replies

• Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs to say something nice or not say it at all.

Uhm, no one has said anything mean. Sensitive much. That being said, yes, it's melted fat...you can fry vegetables in it. :wink: But seriously, it's just your bodies way of regulating temperature. :flowerforyou:

Uhm, yes they did. Unless wishing that people don't have kids and making fun of their inspirations on their profile is nice. But it's not. So ya know, read before you post. :flowerforyou:

Uhm I did read this thread before I posted..and I see nothing mean here..I didn't check everyone's profile before I posted I went based on what I see here. And nothing here, as in written in this thread, has come across as mean to me prior to my first response. So I'm not sure what I'm supposed to read before I post...unless you are suggesting I read everyone's profile first..
  • workshardplaysharder
    Options
    It's important to break a sweat when exercise or working if you want to burn fat to lose weight, so yes, when sweating it does mean you are burning fat. Keep feeling hopeful! If you are sweating you are burning fat!

Not everyone sweats/sweats excessively. The more you sweat doesn't mean that you're working out harder nor does it mean you're burning fat. I am certainly not burning fat when I am sitting outside in the sun and sweating. I am sweating because it is hot and my body is trying to cool itself down.
  • Collier78
    Options

Uhm, no one has said anything mean. Sensitive much. That being said, yes, it's melted fat...you can fry vegetables in it. :wink: But seriously, it's just your bodies way of regulating temperature. :flowerforyou:

Honestly, you should feel foolish just for saying what you did... you cannot fry vegetables in sweat. It's salt water, not melted fat.

Honestly, you should feel foolish for not seeing the winking face and knowing I'm joking..as well as the bolded part after that..geez...
  • PapaChanoli
    PapaChanoli Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Uhm, yes they did. Unless wishing that people don't have kids and making fun of their inspirations on their profile is nice. But it's not. So ya know, read before you post. :flowerforyou:

Uhm I did read this thread before I posted..and I see nothing mean here..I didn't check everyone's profile before I posted I went based on what I see here. And nothing here, as in written in this thread, has come across as mean to me prior to my first response. So I'm not sure what I'm supposed to read before I post...unless you are suggesting I read everyone's profile first..

Thankfully, it appears that a moderator jumped in and made some very appropriate deletions.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Some serious butthurtedness in this thread.

We get slammed for commenting but the OP comment stays.

Wow.
    Major butthurt.
  • EllaIsNotEnchanted
    EllaIsNotEnchanted Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    it is a sign to have a water bottle close by for hydration.

& a towel so the salt does not get in your eyes.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Realistically it's just the body's way of cooling down. However, if thinking that it's fat crying will motivate you, then think that!
  • Collier78
    Options
    Some serious butthurtedness in this thread.

We get slammed for commenting but the OP comment stays.

Wow.

Right, and I get slammed for having a sense of humor, and not reading posts that were deleted before I got here...SMH
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Lol oh boy... bumping to see if OP returns.
  • Collier78
    Options

Thankfully, it appears that a moderator jumped in and made some very appropriate deletions.

Ahh so it wasn't me that didn't read before I posted then...hmmm
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options

Honestly, you should feel foolish just for saying what you did... you cannot fry vegetables in sweat. It's salt water, not melted fat.

Honestly, you should feel foolish for not seeing the winking face and knowing I'm joking..as well as the bolded part after that..geez...

Careful people. MFP is tracking. Friday lot of post got deleted for name calling and people mentioned about getting warning messages from MFP moderators is what I read.

Careful unless you don't love your accounts. Jus' mentioning what happened on Friday inc ase you guys missed it.
  • Collier78
    Options

Careful people. MFP is tracking. Friday lot of post got deleted for name calling and people mentioned about getting warning messages from MFP moderators is what I read.

Careful unless you don't love your accounts. Jus' mentioning what happened on Friday inc ase you guys missed it.

I did miss it, thanks! I just got back from vacation. Seriously though..I thought I rang the sarcasm bell pretty clearly in the "fry vegetables in it" post. LOL
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    So I've been sweating a lot either from cooking or cleaning or it being summer ect and I was Woundering if that's litterally meaning I'm burning that much fat or if it is just water. Feeling kinda hopeful.

OP. It's sweat. Body Fat cannot be lost so easily.

Calorie Deficit will eventually reduce body fat.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    If it did everyone in Florida would be toothpicks!! Sorry. :tongue:
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options

Just....wow. Lol, whatever you say. Take care.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Your body temperature is around 37 degrees centigrade (I think about 98 Fahrenheit? Can't do mental temperature conversions!).

If your body temperature starts to get hotter than this, your body has ways to cool down again, because it's important for your body to maintain this temperature. Sweating is one of the ways it cools down, as the sweat evaporating off the skin takes heat energy with it, so you get cooler. This happens regardless of why you got too hot. When you exercise, your muscle cells generate heat, and this increases your body temperature, so you sweat to cool down. So in this example, sweating more is an indication that your muscles are working harder.... but if you're hot because you're wearing too many clothes or it's a hot and humid day, you'll still sweat to cool down, and in this situation you're not actually working harder at all. Your body's a bit too hot for other reasons.

So, sometimes sweating means you're working harder, other times it doesn't. If your muscles are working hard, they'll be burning both fat and sugar, but whether you lose fat from that depends on how much you're eating. If you're not eating at a deficit, the fat you're burning is replaced by energy from the food you're eating (whether the energy in the food comes from fat, protein or carbs).... so to lose fat, you need to be sure you're burning more energy than you're eating, i.e. sticking to a calorie goal that gives you a sensible deficit.
  • PapaChanoli
    PapaChanoli Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Ahh so it wasn't me that didn't read before I posted then...hmmm

Actually, I read it all before the comments got deleted.

Let it go. There's no moral high ground to be gained here.
  • apratsunrthd
    apratsunrthd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This thread is amazing.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    no, it's not.
  • Collier78
    Options

Just....wow. Lol, whatever you say. Take care.

Do you not realize that the posts you were referring to as mean had been deleted before I posted, meaning there was nothing offensive there for me to see before questioning your post? This means that I had no knowledge of the posts, not that I have reading comprehension issues. Therefore, your post about me not reading first, was posted before you looked to see that they had been deleted and I couldn't possibly have based my post on information I didn't have at the time. So I'm not sure what you mean by "whatever you say"...:flowerforyou: