• iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Made my day.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs to say something nice or not say it at all.

Uhm, no one has said anything mean. Sensitive much. That being said, yes, it's melted fat...you can fry vegetables in it. :wink: But seriously, it's just your bodies way of regulating temperature. :flowerforyou:

Uhm, yes they did. Unless wishing that people don't have kids and making fun of their inspirations on their profile is nice. But it's not. So ya know, read before you post. :flowerforyou:

Uhm I did read this thread before I posted..and I see nothing mean here..I didn't check everyone's profile before I posted I went based on what I see here. And nothing here, as in written in this thread, has come across as mean to me prior to my first response. So I'm not sure what I'm supposed to read before I post...unless you are suggesting I read everyone's profile first..

Thankfully, it appears that a moderator jumped in and made some very appropriate deletions.

Ahh so it wasn't me that didn't read before I posted then...hmmm

Actually, I read it all before the comments got deleted.

Let it go. There's no moral high ground to be gained here.

Not attempting to find any moral highground, I just find it ironic and slightly amusing that someone would think I was condoning behavior that had been removed before I got here, but they didn't look to see that it had been removed prior to my post.. No worries. :flowerforyou:
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    No, sorry. Sweat is water to cool you down, nothing else. It is not necessarily an indication of a good workout, unfortunately.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I really hope you're joking.

:laugh:

Okay, OP, on a serious note...friendly advice: I'd use the google search or other internet search feature for your questions first. It will save you a lot of....time. :flowerforyou:
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    if it was we would all smell like either bacon or nasty overused smell of McDonald's.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    These are questions you may want to Google instead of posting. You'll get an honest answer without negative comments.
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    OP, here's a helpful link. In a nutshell, fat is excreted through sweat and breathing, so you weren't far off on your guess.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/34745-body-excrete-fat/
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Eh...not worth a warning just for a little snark.
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    How about this...

We burn hydrocarbons with the O2 you breath in. The resultant products are carbon dioxide and water. The CO2 is exhaled.
    The excess water, assuming your cells are fully hydrated to begin with, eventually exits the cells into the blood stream, adding to the volume of the blood. Most of this leaves the body via respiration, the kidneys, and some via sweat!

So, you could think that a tiny percentage of the water you are sweating out when working out real hard could have stated its life in your body in some fatty molecules. :)
  • Collier78
    Options
    Everyone needs to say something nice or not say it at all. That being said, sweat is in no way an indication of anything other than your glands releasing a watery substance onto the skin in order to cool the body down. If we're sweating due to an emotional response, like anxiety, sweat is released from a different gland, but for the same reason-keeping you cool. Turn up the AC :)

Sorry, who appointed you boss of the forums?

i_like_you.gif
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Now I want to know....

Can someone provide the cliffs for Friday's debacle?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I was sweating in the backyard last night, and I'll be damned, I tasted like a barbecue and gravy.
  • Collier78
    Options
    Now I want to know....

^^This...I feel I may have missed something big.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, it appears that a moderator jumped in and made some very appropriate deletions.

Thank God, too. If it weren't for censorship I think I would probably commit suicide from the constant onslaught of extremely normal internet interaction.

Were you not at the voting? It isn't our fault if you chose not to come. Once annually we hold a fabulous jamboree in Vegas to vote for the King and Queen of MFP. For 2013 we chose someone who would be the appropriate sanitary spirit and they've done exactly that in this thread.

The 2015 elections will be held in the Hyatt Regency on September 24th, 25th, and 26th. Bring your swim trunks!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Thank God, too. If it weren't for censorship I think I would probably commit suicide from the constant onslaught of extremely normal internet interaction.

Were you not at the voting? It isn't our fault if you chose not to come. Once annually we hold a fabulous jamboree in Vegas to vote for the King and Queen of MFP. For 2013 we chose someone who would be the appropriate sanitary spirit and they've done exactly that in this thread.

The 2015 elections will be held in the Hyatt Regency on September 24th, 25th, and 26th. Bring your swim trunks!

giggle.
  • Collier78
    Options

LOL I know I just used this but...

i_like_you.gif
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs to say something nice or not say it at all. That being said, sweat is in no way an indication of anything other than your glands releasing a watery substance onto the skin in order to cool the body down. If we're sweating due to an emotional response, like anxiety, sweat is released from a different gland, but for the same reason-keeping you cool. Turn up the AC :)

i_like_you.gif

I mean, really? Just get on with your day. It's all good :)
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Now I want to know....

All the name calling from Friday's has got deleted. You probably won't see any - all that's left are plain suggestions. Sorry cannot provide the link. But will try to PM.

I love my account.