Is it wrong if...

Options
Scumbag_Gil
Scumbag_Gil Posts: 397 Member
Ok so we all see it happen in movies, maybe its happened to some of you older gents, maybe some of you women have done it. Sometimes girls lead on guys at the bar for free drinks. So back to why Im making this post is because over the weekend i went to this bar and this older guy insisted in buying me drinks. At first i was like whoa does this guy wanna clap my cheeks.. then i thought wait maybe i can just play along for a bit and get free drinks. Like why not girls do it all the time. So i did, and i got a bunch of free drinks and then when he wasnt looking i left lol. So was it wrong, girls do it all the time so how do you justify it?

Replies

• LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    dont lie, you gave him a handy in the paring lot.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I'd totally do it. You didn't force him to buy you drinks. Don't worry about it.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    My husband "makes" me get free drinks from guys. We're very, very cheap people :laugh:

ETA: Oh, my justification is we're being "fiscally responsible." Yeah, I'm going with that, lol.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's wrong. Just because I accept something that a guy offers me doesn't mean I owe him anything. If a guy is looking to pick up bar flies, that's the name of the game, anyway. Otherwise, do what gents do and ask a lady out on a real date. JMO.
  • OhhNiff
    OhhNiff Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    You are a terrible human being.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Admit it, you enjoyed being a tease ;-)
  • OhhNiff
    OhhNiff Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    You are a terrible human being.

um okay virgin mary

Sarcasm is lost on you, isn't it?
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    also some of my friends said that it was "gay" of me, I dont see how imo. I was just smiling and laughing.

its def like 41% gay.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    also some of my friends said that it was "gay" of me, I dont see how imo. I was just smiling and laughing.

Hmm, I don't think you're telling the whole story. I'm dying for you share with us.

"I was just smiling and laughing."...What happened next? MFP needs to know...for science and stuff.

I need to know how my husband can score free drinks, so we can go out and not cost ANY $$. Please, teach us.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Wrong? maybe. Rude? yes. You could have at least given him a fake phone number before you left. :laugh:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

If by gay you mean awesome, sure.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I don't usually accept drinks from guys if I have no interest in them. I don't play games nor do I lead guys on. I politely decline with a thank you and continue having fun with friends. The only exception is if someone wants to buy me a drink because they liked a song I sang at Karaoke or along those lines.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    My husband "makes" me get free drinks from guys. We're very, very cheap people :laugh:

ETA: Oh, my justification is we're being "fiscally responsible." Yeah, I'm going with that, lol.

I may, or may not have "used" my wife for this purpose before. :laugh:
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's wrong since you've stated your in high school. So therefore it is illegal for you to be drinking and you could get that guy arrested. Shame on you!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

Awesome.

I'm the type to turn a guy's offer for buying me drink down, but if they offer, it's fair game to accept. If it was wrong then it's equally wrong to offer, you know?

Remember, you don't owe them anything for them spending money on you! That's not how this works. It's how some people want it to work. But again, not how it (being the world) works.