Bethany Frankel???

Options
135hearmeroar
135hearmeroar Posts: 27 Member
I was reading this article about Bethenny Frankel, she posted a picture on instagram of her fitting into her four year old's hello kitty pjs and the social media went bananas. Honestly when I first looked at the picture I thought this is silly, she is so insecure. But later I realized that a part of me was jealous that I couldn't fit into kiddy clothes, also I guess because I don't have any children maybe I don't know the feeling of being a mommy and doing silly things for your kids and with your kids. I judged her too quickly and I can admit that but I am trying so hard to stop doing this, jealousy is a strong emotion and I am learning to work on my self-esteem and this is a good place to start. What if she is insecure, should I let her insecurity bother my already insecurities, thats just silly. Maybe because she is a star she posted it online for her followers sincerely. Whatever the reason, I cant be mad at her because she is tiny enough to fit into children's clothing. Your thought please.

Replies

• Christina_722
    Christina_722 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I think its silly that people are mad. If I could fit into my kid's clothes for a laugh, I would do it without hesitation. The uproar is apparently because it makes other women feel like she is promoting being skinny. Well not ****!!! She is the founder of Skinny Girl drinks. Should she be fat?? She is marketing what she has. I mean I think she is very thin and I would love her body...Im not a huge fan of her face though....was that mean?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Um... I'm not sure that a healthy goal in weight loss is to fit into children's clothing.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I don't think bethanny is insecure about anything. Why diss her?

I've worn my kid's clothes when he was younger (not 4 though lol).
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Just because you can, doesn't mean you should...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Who?
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    who is this person and why is she relevant?
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Um... I'm not sure that a healthy goal in weight loss is to fit into children's clothing.

This. I am almost 30 and I want to look like a woman, not a little kid.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I like Bethenny and I'm sure she just did it to just be silly. People take things too seriously.

ETA: Spell her name correctly and I saw the picture. OMG it's just a silly picture, she's got that type of personality, people need to calm the F%&K down! Seriously!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I was wondering when this would be brought up on here.

First, the "shirt" was actually a nightgown which is why it fit her in length. Second, the shorts looked stretched into boy short underwear which means they probably fit her daughter loosely.

She is petite. Not that big of a deal.

Edit: she posted it to be funny because her daughter "allegedly" told her to put it on. Honestly don't care either way, but I am 99% sure she wasn't trying to project that women should all be able to wear children's clothing. Would anyone make a big deal if she posted a pic wearing her husband's pajamas?
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    My thoughts? How about you do you and let Bethany do Bethany.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This is really a thing??? really????
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    who is this person and why is she relevant?

She's not, it's not. That's all you need to know.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    This is really a thing??? really????

of course...

*scampers off to try on my son's clothes*
  • 135hearmeroar
    Options
    I spelled her name wrong, sorry. I haven't heard of her before this. But do understand I judged her too quickly as stated in my original post, don't start, please.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Omg...her poor daughter. I would be sooo embarrassed if that was my mom! lol!

Anyway - her daughter, her life, whatever. And she doesnt look "sickly" thin or anything...so I am confused as to why this even got people's attention to begin with.
  • 42hockeymom
    Options
    I spelled her name wrong, sorry. I haven't heard of her before this. But do understand I judged her too quickly as stated in my original post, don't start, please.

Oh no wasn't starting with you. I didn't think you said anything bad. The stuff on instagram is what I was talking about.
  • 42hockeymom
    Options
    Omg...her poor daughter. I would be sooo embarrassed if that was my mom! lol!

Anyway - her daughter, her life, whatever. And she doesnt look "sickly" thin or anything...so I am confused as to why this even got people's attention to begin with.

Gawd, I can't even sing Let It Go in the car on a back country road without horrifying my 17 yo! Could you IMAGINE what she'd do if I put on her clothes and posted on Instagram....................

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Seriously, what's the point in having teenagers if you can't embarrass the hell of them?
  • 1HappyTurtleRunner
    1HappyTurtleRunner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Saw the story made me laugh, I think it was all in fun.
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    pttthhh. I sew children's clothing, so I know what the waist sizes are on kids' clothes. PLUS most of them are elasticized, so they're actually 2-5 inches wider than they would be for a fitted waist. I have a 5 yr old w/ a 23 inch waist. I have a 26 in waist. I could probably put on his pants and I'm not that skinny. kids are proportioned differently than adults. I can put on my kids pants but they're TOO short, b/c he's a kid.
    I don't get what the outrage is.
  • 135hearmeroar
    Options
    No, you are fine, not you just speaking in general, I just really want to show how it was wrong of me to judge her, thanks. :happy: