Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bethany Frankel???

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    I'm not a fan of her either. I didn't know about this until this post. It's not completely out of the ordinary. I don't see how it's news. Personally, I don't think I would publicly post a picture of myself like that, but mainly because of how it could be perceived.

I don't see what's wrong with selling low calorie cocktails. Although I have heard they taste yucky.

I think it's a nice idea... like diet coke but for partying. I personally haven't bought it because at my size the irony of my overweight self holding a bottle of "skinny girl" (margaritas no less) is just beyond the point of funny irony and just borders on sad.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    The big deal is that it is well known that she has had issues with an eating disorder and still looks anorexic. She has given eating advice because she thinks she is recovered, but she does not look recovered and she does not act recovered. It makes me sad that women use her as a role model when she is still (obviously) struggling with her own issues but thinking that she is well enough to give advice to others. Posting a pic of fitting into her daughter's clothing is a warning sign for sure. There is nothing wrong with being irritated with this. For me it has to do with what is reasonable and healthy.

^that pic above does not look anorexic to me. also i am not a professional so i don't know what it means to "look anorexic" or "act recovered".

all i can say is that if I saw the woman above i would giggle at her outfit all in good fun but I would not for a second worry that she were unhealthy.

I feel the same way. I don't look at this woman and think "Holy crap, she looks anorexic!" Her past aside, I take it as her just having a little fun. If I were small enough, I'd do it!
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Yup, I can also fit into my kids' clothes. I steal shirts from my son upon occasion (he's 6). I borrowed my 3 year old's hat at the zoo today. If it fits, then why not?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    I shop at gap kids. I'm petite (5ft tall) and it fits.

tumblr_n123zuHOy71rzik3go1_500.gif

srsly the cheapest t shirts you can buy when you're a petite woman are from the boy's section at most stores.
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member

srsly the cheapest t shirts you can buy when you're a petite woman are from the boy's section at most stores.

I know right? I kinda feel like I get a lot of weird looks but I save a ton so- win! Gap also makes a lot of the same stuff for girls as for women, only $10 less :heart:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member

Definitely makes sense. I always buy boys Keen sandals and North Face flip flops for like $10-25 when the exact same shoes in ladies 6.5-7 are $30-80 on clearance. Actually they aren't "exact same" because the boys Keens have extra support and a heavier duty strap in the back. So they're better.

My husband is not a small man, he's about 6'1-6'2" and 200 lb, fit and solid, no belly, etc..but he is not skinny or small by any stretch. He wears BOYS 14 husky jeans when possible because they are cut well for his body.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I'm not a fan of her either. I didn't know about this until this post. It's not completely out of the ordinary. I don't see how it's news. Personally, I don't think I would publicly post a picture of myself like that, but mainly because of how it could be perceived.

I don't see what's wrong with selling low calorie cocktails. Although I have heard they taste yucky.

I think it's a nice idea... like diet coke but for partying. I personally haven't bought it because at my size the irony of my overweight self holding a bottle of "skinny girl" (margaritas no less) is just beyond the point of funny irony and just borders on sad.

I think it is a good idea also. I didn't buy them because the reviews I read weren't good. But, I found good reviews for another brand, and I bought the chocolate martini kind. It was good enough, not as good as the chocolate cherry martini I got at the authentic Italian restaurant, but that is to be expected. I wouldn't buy it again, but I usually only drink wine at home (in the small half sized bottles), or sparkling wine that comes with three 200 ml bottles.
  • MyChocolateDiet

I know right? I kinda feel like I get a lot of weird looks but I save a ton so- win! Gap also makes a lot of the same stuff for girls as for women, only $10 less :heart:

ka -ching!
  • MyChocolateDiet

Definitely makes sense. I always buy boys Keen sandals and North Face flip flops for like $10-25 when the exact same shoes in ladies 6.5-7 are $30-80 on clearance. Actually they aren't "exact same" because the boys Keens have extra support and a heavier duty strap in the back. So they're better.

My husband is not a small man, he's about 6'1-6'2" and 200 lb, fit and solid, no belly, etc..but he is not skinny or small by any stretch. He wears BOYS 14 husky jeans when possible because they are cut well for his body.

I like how this thread is revealing that women as a target demographic are being ripped off for clothes not only on price but also on quality.

I did feel boy's t shirts were constructed better back in the day when I would borrow them.
  • MyChocolateDiet

I think it is a good idea also. I didn't buy them because the reviews I read weren't good. But, I found good reviews for another brand, and I bought the chocolate martini kind. It was good enough, not as good as the chocolate cherry martini I got at the authentic Italian restaurant, but that is to be expected. I wouldn't buy it again, but I usually only drink wine at home (in the small half sized bottles), or sparkling wine that comes with three 200 ml bottles.

i need to find half sized bottles because sometimes i choose a wine that only I like. and spread it for days and at the third or fourht day it's not good anymore and there's lots left.
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Um... I'm not sure that a healthy goal in weight loss is to fit into children's clothing.

This. And she is already sending really effed up ideas to her daughter. It wasn't funny, this woman has an eating disorder. It was absolutely pathetic.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Sure, this seems like a thing that is meaningful and merits lengthy discussion.
  • ge105

i need to find half sized bottles because sometimes i choose a wine that only I like. and spread it for days and at the third or fourht day it's not good anymore and there's lots left.

Buy a box, they last ages even though its more. Wine becoming vinegary has to do with exposure to air, the bag in the box deflates as you empty it so it essentially is re-sealing itself as you drink it causing its shelf life to extend. I have yet to have a bag of wine go vinegary on me- and I am usually the only one that drinks it.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Um... I'm not sure that a healthy goal in weight loss is to fit into children's clothing.

This. And she is already sending really effed up ideas to her daughter. It wasn't funny, this woman has an eating disorder. It was absolutely pathetic.

I read that part of the article and I really don't get it? How is looking ridiculous in kid's clothes for her enjoyment at her request sending her any harmful messages? Unless there are additional things that I'm unaware of I don't see how this alone messes her daughter up. It's play dress up playtime, no?
  • MyChocolateDiet

Buy a box, they last ages even though its more. Wine becoming vinegary has to do with exposure to air, the bag in the box deflates as you empty it so it essentially is re-sealing itself as you drink it causing its shelf life to extend. I have yet to have a bag of wine go vinegary on me- and I am usually the only one that drinks it.

Man, fashion pricing conspiracy's, cheaper kids clothes, and self resealing wines....I am sure getting a LOT out of this thread!

:drinker:
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    1405281587_bethenny-frankel_1.jpg

I think anyone with a 4 year old can understand the silly things we do to make our kids laugh. No biggie.

And honestly I could care less what this woman or anyone posts on their instagram. #aintnobodygottimeforthat!
  • ge105

Man, fashion pricing conspiracy's, cheaper kids clothes, and self resealing wines....I am sure getting a LOT out of this thread!

:drinker:

lol sweet...this thread was worth while after all!

edit: I'm tired and was being repetitive
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member

LOL. Yeah, playing dress up with your 4 year old is just horrible for the child's self esteem. Because having fun with your kids and making them laugh is like poison.
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member

LOL. Yeah, playing dress up with your 4 year old is just horrible for the child's self esteem. Because having fun with your kids and making them laugh is like poison.

I strongly suspect this had nothing to do with making her kid laugh. It might be goofy if she didn't have a complex about food.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    In case I didn't make this clear, I also don't think there is anything wrong with playing silly dress up, like this, with your children. And I don't know anything about her or any issues or disorder. All I know is skinny girl wine and cocktails and she had a talk show.