Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bethany Frankel???

Replies

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    I would really like to Overhead Press Bethany Frankel. Anyone who markets anything called "Skinny Girl" is seriously contributing to the decline of American society. Why don't we have an emphasis on "Strong Girl" or "Smart Girl" or "Kind Girl"? This is gross. Sounds like she has the emotional maturity of of her child so she might as well wear the same pj's. I'm just sad for her kid that this is the primary role model.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Shots fired!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    I would really like to Overhead Press Bethany Frankel. Anyone who markets anything called "Skinny Girl" is seriously contributing to the decline of American society. Why don't we have an emphasis on "Strong Girl" or "Smart Girl" or "Kind Girl"? This is gross. Sounds like she has the emotional maturity of of her child so she might as well wear the same pj's. I'm just sad for her kid that this is the primary role model.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    I'd wear one of my son's clothes, but he's about four inches taller than me.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Who?

+1 (too lazy to google)
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    I have two pairs of Hello Kitty slippers in size XL. Are they childish? Yes. Are they awesome? Hell yeah.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Never heard of her until just now...

...but if she wants to wear her daughter's clothes and post her pics online, I sincerely do not care.

Anyone finding this outrageous lacks perspective of what truly matters.
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    I shop at gap kids. I'm petite (5ft tall) and it fits.

tumblr_n123zuHOy71rzik3go1_500.gif
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member

Ooooh, thanks! I don't get what the big deal is. My kids try on old clothes that don't fit the way they're supposed to. It's fun for them, and funny for me.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    1405281587_bethenny-frankel_1.jpg
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    The big deal is that it is well known that she has had issues with an eating disorder and still looks anorexic. She has given eating advice because she thinks she is recovered, but she does not look recovered and she does not act recovered. It makes me sad that women use her as a role model when she is still (obviously) struggling with her own issues but thinking that she is well enough to give advice to others. Posting a pic of fitting into her daughter's clothing is a warning sign for sure. There is nothing wrong with being irritated with this. For me it has to do with what is reasonable and healthy.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    My mom used to make fun of me during my twenties and thirties because anytime it was convenient I'd throw on my son's t-shirts and put a sweater over it.

starting when he was 4. I was tiny.

i was a short petite person with LOTS to do and no one could see it under my sweater anyways or distinguish it from a regular woman's t-shirt in my size.

now I've been known to dip into my husband's tee shirts when I have "NOTHING TO WEAR" and/or just want something without a scratchy label to be comfy.

just know that if you live with me and it's laundry day Hide Yo' Shirts!
  • girlongoing
    girlongoing Posts: 26 Member
    good for her. shes thin and not very curvy, so im not surprised she can squeeze her way into her childs pajamas. why are people even upset over this? its a total non-issue. are society's hamplanets that upset and jealous that they'll bash a woman for posting a silly picture?
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    If she wore that "shirt" out people would probably ask her where she got it so they could buy one too.

I see nothing wrong with this picture. Five years ago I put on my daughter's uniform skirt for **its and giggles and it fit! Now? Not so much :cry:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    The big deal is that it is well known that she has had issues with an eating disorder and still looks anorexic. She has given eating advice because she thinks she is recovered, but she does not look recovered and she does not act recovered. It makes me sad that women use her as a role model when she is still (obviously) struggling with her own issues but thinking that she is well enough to give advice to others. Posting a pic of fitting into her daughter's clothing is a warning sign for sure. There is nothing wrong with being irritated with this. For me it has to do with what is reasonable and healthy.

^that pic above does not look anorexic to me. also i am not a professional so i don't know what it means to "look anorexic" or "act recovered".

all i can say is that if I saw the woman above i would giggle at her outfit all in good fun but I would not for a second worry that she were unhealthy.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    LOL at the pic.

I dunno. I'm not a fan of Bethenny per se, but I don't think she's doing anything wrong in that picture except maybe making herself look very ridiculous and slightly like a meth head (mainly because of the lighting and not being all made up like usual). But this is the same woman who had a TV special where she urinated on camera with assistance while wearing her wedding gown. The fact that she's been pretty successful with her "SkinnyGirl" products in my opinion is no more "wrong" than celebrities promoting any type of diet or weight loss aid, or anything along those lines...even form fitting clothing.

ETA: I think she looks like a healthy yet skinny 40-something woman.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I'm not a fan of her either. I didn't know about this until this post. It's not completely out of the ordinary. I don't see how it's news. Personally, I don't think I would publicly post a picture of myself like that, but mainly because of how it could be perceived.

I don't see what's wrong with selling low calorie cocktails. Although I have heard they taste yucky.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member

When I look at her I don't assume anorexic. She is very thin, yes, and small.
    I didn't know who she was. I googled to find the picture and saw some other pictures of her where her face was much more gaunt and her body thinner before. I'm not familiar or aware of her advice.
    I guess if there is more to the story perhaps it is an issue, but at face value, I don't see it.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Sometimes I think people forget that celebrities are people first and foremeost no matter how they got their celebrity.

It kinda makes me sad.

It seems like people classify people and decide that some are impervious to hatred just by virtue of whatever they think makes a person ironclad. Most notably I think I notice that fame, having more money than others, and celebrity makes people think it's okay to judge other people and pretty harshly at that.

Maybe it's because I live in a part of the country where the people we all see on TV and the movies might be in line at the supermarket, or doing any number of errands nearby they seem kind of real to me. They seem un made up and vulnerable.