Let's talk about Peanut Butter!

Options

Replies

• thecrushinator
    thecrushinator Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Try almond or cashew butter. Even if your not allergic to peanuts they can be inflammatory and make weight loss harder.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    So PB2 is not good? I was going to try changing to that.
    Love peanut butter.

PB2 is good. It just isn't as good as regular if you are eating it plain. I use it mostly as a peanut butter flavoring for my protein shakes and stuff like that. I will say that PB2 is simply ground up peanuts with the oil removed and a little bit of salt and sweetener. From their site: Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, sugar, salt

P28 is really tasty stuff. It doesn't save you any calories. It is still about 200 calories per serving and has quite a bit of fat, but also has whey protein added, so it gives you 28 grams of protein per serving, so at least you are getting some value out of it instead of quite so many carbs as regular peanut butter. I find it worthwhile for the nutritional aspect and also tastes really good.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I am now eating peanut butter almost daily. It fits my macros perfectly for added fat and protein!
  • prism1968
    prism1968 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    f0yd8p.jpg
  • baileyan06
    baileyan06 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I splurged and bought some of the Justin's honey peanut butter last weekend. Most amazing thing EVER. My husband asked if he could try it and I told him no. I'm not sharing.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    LOVE peanut butter. I buy Whole Earth Organic no added sugar crunchy (I'm in the UK) and eat it all the time. I just make it fit into my daily allowance and its all good.
  • itsjustmish
    itsjustmish Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have 15g peanut butter with my breakfast every morning, and usually 10g of cashew butter with my oats in the evening as a snack. I'll sometimes make curry sauces with almond/ peanut/ cashew butter too. I LOVE nut butters! Nom.
  • wndrwmn86
    wndrwmn86 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    My favorite "quick" breakfast is a tablespoon of peanut butter on either whole wheat toast or a whole grain waffle *drool* with an apple or banana.

I am going to have to check out this PB2 think everyone is mentioning though.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I just got pb2. 45 Cal for 2tbsp.

Does it taste as good?

yep it does, at first I wasn't sure, I had left it too thick, so once I learned to add a tad more water, I got it perfect for me and yes it is pretty good. I've added it to my protein drinks too and it works to change up the flavor
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I love PB as well, I don't eat it often but when I do it's natural PB (no sugar) and I limit it to 2 TBSP which is more than you would think.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Damn this thread, I now want peanut butter and I'm at work with no access :laugh:
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    So funny you should post this.......

Check out yesterday's diary !! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Phatgirl420
    Phatgirl420 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My weakness is Peanut Butter & Co. dark chocolate dreams...I allow myself 2 tbsp. everyday, but I could easily eat the whole damn jar...sooooo goooodddddddd *drools* :tongue:
  • susanlovesfitness
    susanlovesfitness Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I LOVE PB esp with rice cakes and if I meet my fat macro then I switch and eat PB2 for the rest of my meals!!!
  • maizerage66
    maizerage66 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER!!! That stuff is my weakness...and I tried White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter last week and that is the best f***ing peanut butter I've had in my life. (White Chocolate is my weakness as well so the combination blew me away)

And to all those who don't know about PB2, it tastes very good with the right amount of water, you'll just have to find what works best. And I just dump some in my protein shakes because it'll mix with the water anyways and I love the chocolate peanut butter taste.
  • aprilwellsjohnson
    Options
    Love PB2, so good and low in calories/fat :)
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I love it too much. I take it with me if I am leaving the house for over 2 days...even if I don't eat any. Its like a safety net food. I use PB2 as well
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I adore nut butters! I like the Smuckers all natural one. I use a measuring spoon to measure out 2 tablespoons per day, I have it on rice cakes as my mid morning snack.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to peanut butter, and try to control myself when possible. I go with the good old recommended serving size of 2 tbsp (or less). Also, I make these really yummy treats for after dinner...its like a little ice cream sandwich.

1 sheet graham cracker, broken in half
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    1 tbsp lite cool whip
    Pop in freezer and enjoy whenever you need a sweet treat.

its about 175 calories calories of pure peanutbuttery goodness.
  • kathie1313
    kathie1313 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me more about PB2? Never heard of it. Where do I look for it?

Also, how do I find the recipes area and will anyone share their FAV??

Thanks. Kat