Unanswered Friend Requests

Options

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Just put up a picture showing off some abs or cleavage...the FR's will start rolling in.
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I doubt those are the reasons, it may be for a minority of people but do you really want homophobic people on your friends list anyway? Join the forums and add people you've made a personal connection with. Random adds always make me suspicious, and I rarely add them back.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Personally, I am more likely to accept a request from someone that I have interacted with on the forums. Most of the time, if I get a random request, it includes a copy/paste note or none at all.. those, I usually decline. (For me, wouldn't matter if you were gay, straight, purple, or had half your intestines removed)
  • TheSink
    TheSink Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I only accept friend requests from clowns that live in the sewers.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I usually only accept if I have mutual friends or the fr mentions something we have in common.

I don't care who you sleep with or medical procedures you've had -- but if we have nothing in common, I don't see the point.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Make sure you check the person's profile before you request. I'm not currently adding people because my list has gotten quite large and I like to be able to keep up with everyone. It's probably nothing personal.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Have you tried browsing around groups for friends? I found that the DC group, MFP Gamerz group, and Nerd groups were great places. I think I even found a few in the Game of Thrones and Walking Dead group. But most of my FL comes from my interactions on the forums. It helps if I like their sense of humor or get mine.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I only accept friend requests from clowns that live in the sewers.
    We all float down here.
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I only like to have friends who are similar to me in some way, ie similar weight goals or interests such as hula hooping. And I think twice about accepting men
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I found out the hard way if you swear at all in your FR it goes *poof* and the person never even gets it.... unfortunately, I curse like a sailor and am open and honest most of the time, so I've had to learn to be more creative since then

Ditto *LOL* I learned the hard way that an off color word can cause your request never go through. But as far as your surgery or sexual preference goes, I wouldn't point fingers at that being the cause for people to "decline." Maybe some, but most people really don't give a *kitten*. It's about that magical "connection."

Like Bynsky and I. We were brought together by Pickles and Boobs. It just happens.

TIL that bad language in a FR prevent them from going though. I actually had no idea that this happened at all. Good to know.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I only decline friend requests if the person is creepy, like, "I like your photos" or leaves them blank.

In your friend requests, keep the message short and indicative of why you want to connect. "Hey looking to add fellow cycling enthusiasts" will get you more adds than, "Hello, I saw you on the thread about cycling and I to have been cycling for 47 years and I love how much it lets you come together with nature and my daughter once told me that she wanted her daddy to get in shape but I haven't taken it seriously until now when I had 8 heart attacks and lost a leg.." YES I have gotten friend requests that overshare.

You might want to remove the note in your profile about how you want to lose weight so that you can have better sex. That's the only thing in your profile that would make me go "ick" because it's TMI.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    You might want to remove the note in your profile about how you want to lose weight so that you can have better sex. That's the only thing in your profile that would make me go "ick" because it's TMI.

I see nothing wrong with that line, it is very common on profiles here.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    You've got an open profile so that is a big plus. Before I accept (or send) an FR I look at their profile to see if we have anything in common. If I can, I'll look at some of their posts and see what kind of online personality they are projecting and decide if I want my newsfeed filled up with this persons musings.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I sent out a few friend requests and never got a reply. I even included a note about why I was making the request. I guess I've always thought I could never have enough "real" friends. It makes me wonder why my request was ignored. I think there might be two reasons....first, I'm a gay guy....second, I've had Weight Loss surgery. Maybe these are the reasons?

I only accept from creepy guys asking for nudes.
    1209272 Posts: 7
    Options
    Yeah, I could murder me some pickles and boobs right now.
  • _JPunky
    _JPunky Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I dont accept unless the person is bringing some personality to the table.

This. I also only accept from people I've seen around or that my current FL can vouch for. It's nothing personal against anyone, but I want to be the best friend that I'm capable of being...and having 200 friends would not make that possible for me personally.
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Make sure you check the person's profile before you request. I'm not currently adding people because my list has gotten quite large and I like to be able to keep up with everyone. It's probably nothing personal.

^^ This. I'm not adding any friends because I'm an antisocial jerk. The good part of that is I don't hate anyone for being gay or having weight loss surgery or anything else. I hate everyone equally for no good reason.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

This...It's hard to keep up with 153 people. I want to interact with everyone. It's nothing personal to anyone I don't accept or end up deleting.

Also, must have personality and snark. And not mind the F bomb.

Also, no whiners.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options

^^ This. I'm not adding any friends because I'm an antisocial jerk. The good part of that is I don't hate anyone for being gay or having weight loss surgery or anything else. I hate everyone equally for no good reason.

This isn't true, you don't hate me!!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options

"this"