What is the worst concert you've ever been to?

Options
jnichel
jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
Seeing the "best concert" thread, it seems only fitting that we have a worst one too.

For Me:

January 19th, 1986. Loverboy w/ The Hooters. First off, I wasn't (still aren't) a fan of either band, I went because the girl I was trying to have 'relations' with was into them. Second, it was a Sunday night on a weekend that I had Army National Guard drill, and I was working on less than 4 hours of sleep....actually fell asleep in the stands. Third, and final strike, I didn't get laid.

Replies

• 1959sunshine
    1959sunshine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    In high school a boyfriend took me to see "Thin Lizzy" and "Blue Oyster Cult". Awful awful awful. I am and have always been into country.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Justin Bieber.....Took my daughter for her birthday 2 years ago. Ugh...tough night to get through. I don't mind screaming girls I just mind it when they are underage and squealing lol
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Sonic Youth. I get the love they have, but try standing there for hours listening to noise and distortion. Trust me, I love punk, hardcore, etc, that's my genre, but God help me, I couldn't wait for that concert to end.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    NOFX @ Shepards bush empire- nothing wrong with the band, I love them. However the venue was crap, we where seated 2 floors up WTF!. We then missed the train home had to stay over and spend an extra £100 on train tickets.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Seeing the "best concert" thread, it seems only fitting that we have a worst one too.

For Me:

January 19th, 1986. Loverboy w/ The Hooters. First off, I wasn't (still aren't) a fan of either band, I went because the girl I was trying to have 'relations' with was into them. Second, it was a Sunday night on a weekend that I had Army National Guard drill, and I was working on less than 4 hours of sleep....actually fell asleep in the stands. Third, and final strike, I didn't get laid.

Wow, who is "into" Loverboy? They only had like one good song. That's funny...(said the gal who likes Survivor and Foreigner...haha)
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    In high school a boyfriend took me to see "Thin Lizzy" and "Blue Oyster Cult". Awful awful awful. I am and have always been into country.

Ummmmm, I'd give someone else's left nut go see Blue Oyster Cult in concert.

My worst was a free Nickelback concert. It was free because they suck.

The second worst was Duran Duran, after Simon LeBon got old and out of shape but still ran around on stage with no shirt on.
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    the band Cake in the mid 90's. Not a fan, but went anyway, they suck.

METAL RULES.
  • LoneWolf_70
    Options

Thin Lizzy was a GREAT BAND. *whiskey in the jar
  • trinatrina1984
    Options

Eugh Nickelback are really the worst
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Toby Keith...that was a bad bad idea.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    my grandpa took me to see Chicago when I was like 11 or 12.
  • Bageeeta
    Bageeeta Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I took a date to a concert that she wanted to go to and that was MC Hammer.. I was ready to die.. It wasn't that he put on a bad show it just wasn't my thing! I grew up listening to OZZY, AC DC, etc...
  • LoneWolf_70
    Options

no, NIckelback is still better than 99% of what is played on top 40 radio and 100% of hip hop.
  • trinatrina1984
    Options

no, NIckelback is still better than 99% of what is played on top 40 radio and 100% of hip hop.

giphy.gif
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

Thin Lizzy was a GREAT BAND. *whiskey in the jar

Umm, yeah, I would have loved to have been at that concert.

Let's see, worst concert for me was New Kids on the Block, around 1990. Ugh, thousands of screaming teen girls...I was around 14 at the time, went with my friends (and our moms, lol--so sorry, mama). I HATED NKOTB and anything teen girls at the time liked (much preferred the awesomeness of the 1970's classic rock, blues, and folk rock).

But, remember, I was a teen girl who wanted to do anything to be as cool as her cool friends. I had such a miserable time and felt so stupid to be associated with a squealing mob of stupidity.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

You say that, but go see them in concert and watch that guy try to bang his microphone. :sick:
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Neil Young and the Bluenotes in 1988 in Marlboro, Mass. Now I love Neil Young and have seen him many times, but he sucks with the Bluenotes. It was a tiresome concert. The show dragged on and on. At one point he said, "We're gonna play a song you might know. It's called 'Down by the River.'" Well, the whole crowd got went wild for the first time all night. Neil smiled, then he said, "Just kidding," and went on to play some crap that no one ever heard before. What a waste of a perfectly good evening.
  • LoneWolf_70
    Options

You say that, but go see them in concert and watch that guy try to bang his microphone. :sick:

id rather see that than Drake, Kanye, Miley etc.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Not a famous band, but some Christian/anti-drug hair-metal band came to our high school in the early 90's. It was bad, the lead singer tried way too hard to be Vince Neil/Bret Michaels. The lead guitarist tried to 'shred' and it sounded like a can of angry bees.
  • cronly
    cronly Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Tesla / Poison