What is the worst concert you've ever been to?

Options

Replies

• RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    Creed, sounded like crap! Too loud and distorted.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Hands down, Bob Dylan...I walked out both times

Saw Dylan in the mid-80's in Philadelphia. I really only went to see the opening band - The Alarm. Fell asleep during Dylan. ZZZZZzzzzz.....
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Five Finger Death Punch... those guys suck sooo much!!
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were engaged and he was moving from Columbus to Cincinnati. Since I was off work and up there helping him, he decided we needed a break and bought Vampire Weekend tickets for us. We were both tired and stressed about loading the truck the next morning, but I appreciated the tickets so much and we went.

The concert was short, but even shorter for us because some of the other people in attendance were unbelievable jerkfacey.

From some folks dumping "mystery liquids" from the balcony above, to the chick in front of me whipping her long hair around (there was no where for the rest of us to move to it was so packed) and thrashing around (did I mention this was Vampire Weekend? Who thrashes to that?!) it super sucked and we left.

So, either the concert sucked, or I'm too old for Vampire Weekend. Or both.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Janet Jackson

She lip-synched the entire show
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Seeing the "best concert" thread, it seems only fitting that we have a worst one too.

For Me:

January 19th, 1986. Loverboy w/ The Hooters. First off, I wasn't (still aren't) a fan of either band, I went because the girl I was trying to have 'relations' with was into them. Second, it was a Sunday night on a weekend that I had Army National Guard drill, and I was working on less than 4 hours of sleep....actually fell asleep in the stands. Third, and final strike, I didn't get laid.

Wow, who is "into" Loverboy? They only had like one good song. That's funny...(said the gal who likes Survivor and Foreigner...haha)
    Um, I am actually really into Loverboy. They're Canadian and some of their songs are epic and nostalgic for us Canadians. Ouch :brokenheart: *crickets*

Sorry, I love Canadians. I take it back. I love "Working for the weekend," but I have to admit, I've never heard anything else, that I know of. Peace, eh? :flowerforyou:
    Turn Me Loose, Lovin' Every Minute of It, Kid is Hot Tonight, Queen of the Broken Heart. Really, none? If you've ever listened to a classic rock station, something has played for sure.
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    HANSON. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    The Beatles...Yankee Stadium
  • aledba
    Options
    Drivin and Cryin.

They were playing a festival we were at, and they sounded good on the radio, so we stayed to see them. Big mistake, they were awful.

Aledba - are you a fan of April Wine?
    LOVE APRIL WINE! My parents saw them last summer.
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Guns 'N Roses back in 92 or 93 at the LA Forum. Skid Row opened and played a great set. Then we sat and waited for over 2 hours for Guns to finally take the stage. When they finally decided to play, they played slow and draggy and seemed to have this attitude of f*** you if you don't like it. We didn't even stay for the whole show. What made it more disappointing was Guns played really well when we saw them open for the Rolling Stones. The Stones show made us think that Guns would really want to put on a good show as a headliner. They just didn't seem to care. I saw Velvet Revolver twice and both shows were great and they started on time. I'm amazed that people will still pay to see Axel Rose and friends (I refuse to call his band Guns 'N Roses).
  • lyrics09
    lyrics09 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Some festival around here long ago called X-fest. It poured rain the whole time. I was in middle school so far too young to drink. Lots of creepy rocker dudes hitting on all the underage girls. Lot of the groups canceled playing that day so awkward long hour breaks. Only good part of the day was meeting Eve 6 and getting their signatures on a t-shirt *BUT since it was raining it washed off* lol. Total bust.

Oh yeah and got dragged to a LFO concert. That was god awful.
  • Christineclendaniel
    Christineclendaniel Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Mine was Phish (Black Sabbath close second)....please make it stop. Not a fan so that probably didnt help.
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Drivin and Cryin.

They were playing a festival we were at, and they sounded good on the radio, so we stayed to see them. Big mistake, they were awful.

Not trying to brag.... but Brian (the guitarist) is my uncle. They aren't my normal musical taste, but through the years they have really grown on me and have good stuff.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Metallica in the early 2000's. I'm so glad I didn't pay for that myself.
  • jaybanez
    jaybanez Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Black label Society opened for Judas Priest and they were the worst. The music was so loud, I could not make out any voices, guitar riffs, or solos; my ears were still ringing into 15 minutes into JP's set. JP definitely made up for them that night.
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Bob Dylan! A couple years ago. He was growly terrible. He followed Willie Nelson who I have seen numerous times and was awesome but now he can't seem to remember all the words to any one song and drifts between them.
  • aledba
    Options
    Drivin and Cryin.

Brian is amazing! You are related to him? That's awesome. Their sound is so nostalgic and haunting to me. It makes me feel like a teen in the 80s walking along Lake Ontario on a quiet, cool morning. I was never a teen in the 80s so it's weird but it works. LOL

Not trying to brag.... but Brian (the guitarist) is my uncle. They aren't my normal musical taste, but through the years they have really grown on me and have good stuff.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I saw Vampire Weekend twice last year and they were amazing both shows. Sounds like you just had a bad crowd? You're definitely not too old for them. :)

My worst was Boston about 3 or 4 summers ago. They had their new lead singer, who sounds great but he had absolutely no idea what he was doing up there and it showed. They also still seem to think it's 1978 and that it's okay to have a 6 minute organ solo while the rest of the band goes backstage and does who knows what. My husband and I looked at each other about 5 minutes into that and both asked if the other was ready to leave at nearly the same time. We got up and walked out. They are here again on the 23rd of this month and I was offered free tickets. I think I'll pass.
  • littlefoot612
    littlefoot612 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It was sometime in the 70's (the 70's are a hazy memory for me) and a girlfriend set me up on a blind date and the whole group of us went to see Supertramp. Although I was a big concert goer in the 70's and really into music and saw all the big names of the day (Bowie, Alice Cooper etc) I wanted to rip my ears off. Supertramp...just..no...no.

(Never saw Supertramp or the blind date again either.)