Kind of excited!

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Ha! I love the Little Debbie oatmeal pies! mmmmm to die for

The oatmeal pies I grew up having and they were one of my favorite desserts. I rarely eat them now but I did buy some last year, baked them with brown sugar, cinnamon, and caramel, and served the whole concoction ala mode.

Pioneer Woman has a recipe to make them at home. They are ridiculous.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/04/oatmeal-whoopie-pies/

6921675872_5017194fd1_c.jpg

And this is why we are friends! Saving this recipe as a must make!
  • Kelly1552013
    Kelly1552013 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Oh my sweet stars. When someone has this recipe loaded so I can accurately log it please let me know. I solemnly swear I will not attempt to bake it before then because I will have to have that calorie number in hand in order to not eat the whole batch single handedly.
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ha! I love the Little Debbie oatmeal pies! mmmmm to die for

The oatmeal pies I grew up having and they were one of my favorite desserts. I rarely eat them now but I did buy some last year, baked them with brown sugar, cinnamon, and caramel, and served the whole concoction ala mode.

6921675872_5017194fd1_c.jpg

These are the best!! I have a coworker who makes them every Christmas for our party. Yum!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I like this thread because it is basically a short cut to identifying who the awesome people are on MFP that I need to add to my FL...

Yup

And OP you rule.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I like this thread because it is basically a short cut to identifying who the awesome people are on MFP that I need to add to my FL...

Yup

And OP you rule.

:blushing:
    You are pretty bad *kitten* yourself!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I love MFP for the community, while the gifs on Fridays keep me entertained, it is also a place where I can get great eating advice. What got me excited is learning about IIFYM and someone actually suggested that I should just eat the ice cream and pop tarts. If it fits my calorie intake and macros, I can just adjust my other meals in the day. But so many people on here are pro-clean eating and paleo style dieting. Why can’t I just find like minded people that eat real food? I use IIFYM because I’m busy, I have two children – a one year old and a 36 year old husband, work fulltime as an accountant and run a household. Who can plan out all these meals without eating something pre-packaged once in a while?! I just grab a pop-tart, an ice cream from the freezer, or throw in a frozen pizza in the oven. How is this not real food? Why do people have to always bash that I'm actually losing weight eating what I love? Then I realized I should not care what other people think, post, or advise. I do me. It works for me, I’m losing weight and that’s what matters. That is what got me excited.

IIFYM works well and rumor has it the clean eaters will eventually be eaten by the PALEO folk. And losing weight is a Hoot! Shhhh....don't get too excited! gif's are coming soon. . . .
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I'm making a frozen pizza as I type! YES to all of this!
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    donut1.gif?w=560
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want and drink what I want. I just pay attention to the size of the servings.

And now I want icecream and poptarts and Little Debbie treats

Y'all have sabotaged me :-(

ditto. Moderation is key.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

IIFYM works well and rumor has it the clean eaters will eventually be eaten by the PALEO folk. And losing weight is a Hoot! Shhhh....don't get too excited! gif's are coming soon. . . .

OMG this cracked me up!
    tumblr_ligk7bsNcO1qhbza4o1_r1_500.gif
  • jazzerle
    jazzerle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh if only I had checked the calories of the stupid cookie I ate today...I would have had my fiber one bar also!! 400 calories for a cookie because it was there!!
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Because this thread needs some Ian Somerhalder eating pizza...

2396.gif
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Yes, if I didn't eat the foods I love (in moderation), I don't think I would have stayed sane enough to lose any amount of weight. It was a lesson I willingly learned quickly.

I may have to have a poptart ice cream sandwich tomorrow. Today it's a Tastykake Swirly Cupcake and Strawberries n' Cream Ice cream. I also had pizza for lunch, so yeah, I'm having a pretty awesome food day.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Oh if only I had checked the calories of the stupid cookie I ate today...I would have had my fiber one bar also!! 400 calories for a cookie because it was there!!

I bet that cookie was good though! And...it's just one. Now if it were 12, we'd have another kinda talk...

I had 4 small brownies today. NO REGRETS.
  • jazzerle
    Options

I bet that cookie was good though! And...it's just one. Now if it were 12, we'd have another kinda talk...

I had 4 small brownies today. NO REGRETS.
  • jazzerle
    Options
    Oh it certainly was....! I'll just have to exercise more this weekend.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

OMG this cracked me up!
    tumblr_ligk7bsNcO1qhbza4o1_r1_500.gif

heheheh....glad I got you to giggle.
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Because this thread needs some Ian Somerhalder eating pizza...

2396.gif

I was starting to drool over the food chat but now I'm drooling over something else. Why do I know nothing at all about this beautiful man???? Where have I been???
  • marricurt
    marricurt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    carls+jr+poptart+strawberry+ice+cream+sandwich.jpg

Now if that was replaced by a frosted brown sugar poptart it would be absurdly scrumptious.

Dear. God. What on earth is a pop tart and if it looks anything like that slice of heaven, more importantly, how do I get one? Why oh why was I born into a country that does not provide this as an edible option?... Whhhhyyyyyyy???:sad:
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    After I started losing weight I found out they brought back my favorite flavor Poptart (frosted vanilla fudge). Really? I bought two boxes, but the second one has yet to be open!

However, the Ben & Jerrys I just ate made me extremely happy.