HOW LONG DO YOU DO CARDIO?

Options
1235»

Replies

• OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I do body weight training every day with maybe one day off and cardio just about every day with a day off or two if I really don't feel up to it. I do between an hour to two hours of cardio a day because I just love it. It makes me feel so energized and it's worked better than my antidepressant so I'm going to keep my 1-2 hours of cardio a day. It's helping me sleep better too.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    20 min running 7 days a week.
  • abbymgonzo
    abbymgonzo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't ever do more than 30. I Do my cardio first (usually running) and then weights for about an hour.... I have seen results by doing this!
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    about 1.5 hours. I do this 4 times a week, and 1 hour one day a week, the last two days it's like 10 min each.

oh and I don't do any other exercise but running.
  • FitnessLover001
    FitnessLover001 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    60 min 6 days a week.

30 minutes straight on one machine. Then I do three 10 minute intervals on an elliptical/bike and in between each interval I do a set of weights, depending on if it is leg or arm day. Doing intervals with cardio makes time go by faster and I feel better because I'm not getting slack/sluggish while on the machines like I would if I just did one machine for 60 minutes. It's fast and I push myself with high resistance during my entire cardio session. I love getting sweaty ;)

I also love love LOVE cardio. If you don't, then I would recommend finding something you do like to do and stick to it. No need to be miserable while trying to get a hot body! :)
  • ybee1991
    ybee1991 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    30 mins HITT on treadmill
    30 mins run OR 30-60 min bike ride.

I only do cardio 2 days a week (the rest is strength) b/c it bores me to my very soul lol.
  • caitrocks8
    caitrocks8 Posts: 10
    Options
    For me, a minimum of 35 minutes but I aim for 60 minutes, four to six times a week.

I always do 30 minutes on one machine (usually intervals on an elliptical) with a 5 minute cool down. Then, I switch it up between different machines (treadmill, bike, stair master) for 15 minutes to keep my heart rate up during my strength training workouts.

If you get bored, switch it up! Even if you don't get bored, switch it up! Your body will get used to doing the same thing again and again. I like to play quiz games on my phone when I get bored during cardio - Quiz Up is awesome and helps to pass the time!

Cardio is my mood booster!
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    About 45-60 mins
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I do one 40 minute cardio session a week right now, do heavy lifting 4 times a week. When I get into contest prep next year, I'll have to add more cardio and anticipate doing 4-5 cardio sessions a week.

I used to love cardio and running, then broke the living sh** out of my ankle last summer and was left with some long term/permanent problems that make all high impact cardio a no-no. So my cardio choices are bike (hate it), walking incline on a treadmill or the elliptical trainer. So I'm no longer a fan of the cardio, but I know it's good for my heart.

The biggest changes I've made to my body have been through diet and weight lifting, for whatever's it's worth.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Pretty self explanatory...How long do you do cardio for a day?

Depends on the session:

Running - Generally 60-90 minutes three sessions per week, 120-180 minutes once per week
    Road cycling - 60 minutes to 180 minutes
    Swimming - 60 minutes
    Rowing - 45 to 60 minutes
    Mountain biking - 120-240 minutes
  • glitznglamour15
    glitznglamour15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Running- hour
    Elliptical- 45 mins
    Zumba- hour

so usually an hour! :) I switch up my workouts on a daily basis though so I never get tired of doing the same exact thing.