Tattoos -- Yay or nay?

Options

Replies

• sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    excellent.

not saying it is the fault of the Tribal tattoos, just those that have no business having them.

to be fair, when I got mine, I didn't get "tribal". The ones on my arms were drawn up as filler to compliment the piece in the middle. And then after, everyone kept saying I had tribal. So I started punching throats.
  • hungreeman
    Options
    I agree, tattoos are low class.
  • sixout
    Options

Your mom is low class.
  • jgoodman13
    jgoodman13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I personally am a nay. I think some are okay, just not for me. I love this skit from Saturday Night Live though. I think it holds true in more cases than not. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=746_1192679594
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Your mom is low class.

That's what I like about her.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    To each his own with ONE exception.....I don't think ANYONE under the age of 21 should have a tattoo put on and if they can find someone to do it, that person should be locked up.

Sorry gang, my personal opinion. tattoos are forever and we are just not that good at life decisions before then.

I feel the same way about tanning beds too :)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    h09E92BE7.jpg

So, does that make me a double douche since I have a skull tattoo and I'm not a skull?!?!?

Nope, but you have a skull

I may have an indian tribe too.

In which case it becomes ok
    How about all the people that have asian words tatted on themselves and they are clearly not asian? What can we call them?
  • jnichel
    Options
    To each his own with ONE exception.....I don't think ANYONE under the age of 21 should have a tattoo put on and if they can find someone to do it, that person should be locked up.

Sorry gang, my personal opinion. tattoos are forever and we are just not that good at life decisions before then.

What about a tattoo of a tanning bed?
  • jnichel
    Options
    How about all the people that have asian words tatted on themselves and they are clearly not asian? What can we call them?

Hipsters.
  • ANNAvsANNA
    ANNAvsANNA Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've got one tat and a few piercings. I love what I've got and am not really interested in getting anymore (except MAYBE getting my bellybutton re-done as a reward for losing weight.) Soooo....I don't have a problem with body art when it's done well and the person wearing it loves it.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Hipsters.
    tumblr225.gif
  • captaindle
    captaindle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Love them. As a reward for hitting my goal weight, I plan to get another large one done. I have two now. And one is a memorial for my mother. I love it because she's always with me. And I designed it. Super special to me.
  • 347Gigi
    347Gigi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    A year ago I would have said nay, but I have seen some really beautiful ones here on MFP. So….. Yay- if time and money is spent to make it truly special.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options

I have seen videos of your mum and I can say she is anything but upper class
  • laynerich15
    Options

Hipsters.

11111111.gif
  • sixout
    Options

this is how fascism starts.
  • Sarahonly
    Sarahonly Posts: 36 Member
    Options

This one always makes me laugh... because tattoos are such a cheap thing to deal with. I'm sure the thousands of dollars worth of work some people have would beg to differ ;)
  • jnichel
    Options

This one always makes me laugh... because tattoos are such a cheap thing to deal with. I'm sure the thousands of dollars worth of work some people have would beg to differ ;)

Oh, I don't know. True, my ink cost a good chunk of change, but I am low class. :laugh:
  • sixout
    Options
    I don't know. I think a tattoo of a penis on the lower back would be kind of low class.
  • laynerich15
    Options
    Love the stigma attached to tattoos.

One can be bot a active member of society and tattooed at the same time