Tattoos -- Yay or nay?

Options

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I like them a lot.

I don't have any and I don't think I ever will. For starters I'm really not good with pain, and I've been told this is odd but I don't really like that they're permanent. I know there will be certain occasions I will not want them on show, and yet the only ones I like are quite obvious in size and positioning. So looks like it won't be happening.

I love them on guys too, especially half sleeves or forearm tattoos. The boyfriend's not really a fan though so doesn't look like he'll be getting them either.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    I like them a lot.

I don't have any and I don't think I ever will. For starters I'm really not good with pain, and I've been told this is odd but I don't really like that they're permanent. I know there will be certain occasions I will not want them on show, and yet the only ones I like are quite obvious in size and positioning. So looks like it won't be happening.

I love them on guys too, especially half sleeves or forearm tattoos. The boyfriend's not really a fan though so doesn't look like he'll be getting them either.

Depending on where on your body you get them depends on the pain.

Seriously it is not that bad. unless up near your arm pit, ribs, elbow, feet, calf. they all hurt hell.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I like them a lot.

Seriously it is not that bad. unless up near your arm pit, ribs, elbow, feet, calf. they all hurt hell.

If I did it'd most likely be forearm (underside) which doesn't sound like the very worst area for pain, but I don't think it'd be the kindest either!
  • laynerich15
    Options
    I like them a lot.

If I did it'd most likely be forearm (underside) which doesn't sound like the very worst area for pain, but I don't think it'd be the kindest either!

Its really not that bad there
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I like them a lot.

The one on my shoulder didn't hurt at all. The one on my bicep area did in certain spots. The inside of my bicep area I don't even like to be touched, let alone tattood so I kept that area tattoo free.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'm so sick of freakin' tattoos. They are like wool hats in summer that you have forever.
  • laynerich15
    Options
    I like them a lot.

The one on my shoulder didn't hurt at all. The one on my bicep area did in certain spots. The inside of my bicep area I don't even like to be touched, let alone tattood so I kept that area tattoo free.

went up near my arm pit and it hurt like all hell. have to get block colour in there next. not looking forward to it at all
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are a sign of weakness and lack of self-acceptance. It gives people a mental wall of pseudo confidence they can hide behind .
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I like them but don't have any myself.
  • tfoxsail
    tfoxsail Posts: 16
    Options
    I have yet to get one yet after 46 years but want one on my shoulder blade area. Just haven't got around to it yet! Like all things, I think that tats look better in moderation (and quality, of course!).
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Absolutely a Ney here. People are free to add graffiti or art to their bodies if that is important to them. I wish they would think about any possible negatives before they start. I am an employer and any visible tattoos mean that you probably are not going to get hired. I have never heard an employer say "I hired the applicant because of the cool tattoos" but I have heard one say the opposite.

I have sleeves. I have an office job making extremely good money. People ask me about my tattoos at work all the time. I've had meetings stop when people want to know the stories behind them.

Tattoos aren't this big taboo like they used to be, sucks that you can't see that though. Congrats on being disciminatory.

I am very conservative in the way I approach things. I spend alot of time and money to present an image to the public. A part of that image is how employees groom themselves. Aside from tattoos, I wouldn't think well of someone who couldn't shave in the morning, bath of get a haircut. Not saying that they are not capable of doing the work. You are right that in many environments Tattoos are not a problem but when selling to the general public I want to limit as many possible negatives as I can. Not trying to get into a nasty exchange with anyone but the OP ask my thought on Tats. I gave my honest answer. I think a reasonable person could admit that even though they see or have no problem with Tattoos is is possible that in the workplace some people "may" not see it the same. I just wanted to suggest thinking about the type and location before you get it would be wise. It is also possible that the individual who wears the Tattoo could change their viewpoint later in life too.

But see, if less people thought like you, then they would be totally acceptable. So start thinking progressively, and something abnormal won't seem abnormal anymore.

Good point, when 100% of my customers like Tattoos I will stop hiring employees who don't have them. I very well could change my view on Tattoos but doubt I ever will. The other option is for all the Tattoo loving people to start thinking conservatively so that they would fall more in line with my way of thinking but that would just make both viewpoints absurd.
  • laynerich15
    Options
    Absolutely a Ney here. People are free to add graffiti or art to their bodies if that is important to them. I wish they would think about any possible negatives before they start. I am an employer and any visible tattoos mean that you probably are not going to get hired. I have never heard an employer say "I hired the applicant because of the cool tattoos" but I have heard one say the opposite.

I have sleeves. I have an office job making extremely good money. People ask me about my tattoos at work all the time. I've had meetings stop when people want to know the stories behind them.

Tattoos aren't this big taboo like they used to be, sucks that you can't see that though. Congrats on being disciminatory.

I am very conservative in the way I approach things. I spend alot of time and money to present an image to the public. A part of that image is how employees groom themselves. Aside from tattoos, I wouldn't think well of someone who couldn't shave in the morning, bath of get a haircut. Not saying that they are not capable of doing the work. You are right that in many environments Tattoos are not a problem but when selling to the general public I want to limit as many possible negatives as I can. Not trying to get into a nasty exchange with anyone but the OP ask my thought on Tats. I gave my honest answer. I think a reasonable person could admit that even though they see or have no problem with Tattoos is is possible that in the workplace some people "may" not see it the same. I just wanted to suggest thinking about the type and location before you get it would be wise. It is also possible that the individual who wears the Tattoo could change their viewpoint later in life too.

But see, if less people thought like you, then they would be totally acceptable. So start thinking progressively, and something abnormal won't seem abnormal anymore.

Good point, when 100% of my customers like Tattoos I will stop hiring employees who don't have them. I very well could change my view on Tattoos but doubt I ever will. The other option is for all the Tattoo loving people to start thinking conservatively so that they would fall more in line with my way of thinking but that would just make both viewpoints absurd.

What kind of Business do you run/Hire for?
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options

23ba2a371d5b1f11bd48100c798e0184.jpg
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options

What kind of Business do you run/Hire for?

Security, Fire, Access Control and Camera systems. I have a lot of older residential customers in in an established areas that I feel would not react well to Tattoos. Same fear with my high end commercial and education customers. When we are out on construction sites I don't think it would matter at all. Believe it or not but some of these people would have in the back of their mind the question "Is this guy going to come back later?" "Oh God he knows the code and how to get in" In all fairness back in their day only drunk military men and scary biker hoodlums had tattoos. I think they would lighten up after they realized that the Tattoos don't make the person a bad person but its the first impression that worries me. Is kind of funny that now I think most of the Harley riders have six figure salaries and Tattoos.
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yay! I have five and am going to schedule another one in a few days. :happy:
  • lexcoulstring
    lexcoulstring Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yes. Have them and love them!
  • stickersticker
    stickersticker Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have three and forget that I have them.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't ever get one and if for some strange reason it was to happen it's going to be very small and private. I don't hate them but I think they look better on guy than girls mostly. Not always the case. I think less is more like make-up though.
  • short_nerdy_lady
    Options
    Hell yes! I have 4 and an appointment for number 5 on Aug 1!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are a sign of weakness and lack of self-acceptance. It gives people a mental wall of pseudo confidence they can hide behind .

like an internet forum?