Tattoos -- Yay or nay?

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    I hate that tattoos are becoming a fad, I think a lot of people are going to wake up in a 10 years and be pissed off that they got them during this phase. I also hate tattoos with no mean or tattoos that are not thought out. I dislike tattoos here and there all disjointed. If you are going to get a sleeve, get a sleeve not a few tiny tattoos scattered all over your arm...Just saying my opinion.

I feel like people just get tattoos cos of tattoos not for any good reason. They are permanant people!

Says a girl with blue hair and many tattoos and many more to come...but all mine have deep meaning and have been planned out thoroughly I have also loved tattoos my whole life, they are who I am. I think when tattoos are done well and not generic, they are so hot though!

I tend to agree with you on if you are going to get tattoos the commit and don't try say a few on your arm is a sleeve.

As for tattoos needing to have some deep epic meaning is just annoying, who said you need some big life event or loss to get tattooed.

Every time someone try's to tell me their story of "omg you should see my phoenix tattoo because like it I rise from the ashes of my childhood" I just want to punch them in the face.

of these 3 leaves represent my children..... HOW ABOUT THIS, NO ONE CARES
  • Nojoke81
    Nojoke81 Posts: 131
    Options
    Though they're obviously increasingly popular, I can't get the image of an old me with some redundant image or motto on my body out of my reasoning process. If it's that important I'll write it down on some paper somewhere lol.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Jee, thanks a bunch to the person who said that dolphin tattoos are trashy. I plan to get a small dolphin tattoo on my back because my mum had a dolphin tattoo and she died 14 years ago when I was 4, so I wanted to get it as a tribute to her - maybe with 'mum' above and the date she died below. Kind of reconsidering now, idk...
  • leakytiki
    leakytiki Posts: 1
    Options
    Your body, your choice! I say yay. I love my tattoo. I figured out exactly what I wanted and waited a year to make sure I really did want it.

68383615.png
  • frenchimom
    Options
    I love my tattoos!!! I have 4 (got the last one 2 weeks ago)...and I am getting one more in a few months. I love how they let people express their love and thoughts of things and they're not afraid to show it!!!
  • MaeRain
    MaeRain Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yay! I have three, and can't wait to get my next one. Of course, money is the current issue with that. :p
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I tend to agree with you on if you are going to get tattoos the commit and don't try say a few on your arm is a sleeve.

As for tattoos needing to have some deep epic meaning is just annoying, who said you need some big life event or loss to get tattooed.

Every time someone try's to tell me their story of "omg you should see my phoenix tattoo because like it I rise from the ashes of my childhood" I just want to punch them in the face.

I hate it when people feel the need to make up some deep emotional story in order to justify getting a tattoo. Miami Ink sob stories have had a bad impact on people clearly! At the end of the day it comes down to how well the tattoo is executed and not the story behind it (but if you want to get a tattoo with a meaning or dedicate it to someone then that's cool). I adore my tattoos and none of them necessarily have a story behind them.
  • tankin24
    tankin24 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have 9 so i am going to have to say yay
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I hate that tattoos are becoming a fad, I think a lot of people are going to wake up in a 10 years and be pissed off that they got them during this phase. I also hate tattoos with no mean or tattoos that are not thought out. I dislike tattoos here and there all disjointed. If you are going to get a sleeve, get a sleeve not a few tiny tattoos scattered all over your arm...Just saying my opinion.

I feel like people just get tattoos cos of tattoos not for any good reason. They are permanant people!

Says a girl with blue hair and many tattoos and many more to come...but all mine have deep meaning and have been planned out thoroughly I have also loved tattoos my whole life, they are who I am. I think when tattoos are done well and not generic, they are so hot though!

Angry elf. Though I see the underlying point. My tattoos have very personal meanings to me. And I could give a rats *kitten* if anyone else cares. I got them for me.
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Jee, thanks a bunch to the person who said that dolphin tattoos are trashy. I plan to get a small dolphin tattoo on my back because my mum had a dolphin tattoo and she died 14 years ago when I was 4, so I wanted to get it as a tribute to her - maybe with 'mum' above and the date she died below. Kind of reconsidering now, idk...

I'm pretty sure people are talking about the drunken dolphin tattoo. The one where some girl was drunk and then just pointed at the wall and said "I want that one!"

If its artfully done, who the bleep cares if its a dolphin? You also shouldn't be getting tattoos to please others... If its something you want to do, then do it!
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    This is post 501

Not for me but they look cool on some people.

(edited to say) and it rolled