Tattoos -- Yay or nay?

Options

Replies

• Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Nope. People started getting tattoos to be different. Now almost everyone has one, so I'm different because I don't. And I like that. Besides, why give the authorities another way to identify you? :smokin:
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I'm way beyond tattoos yay or nay

Now I just want to know should I go with a Mortal Kombat or an X-Men tattoo?
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I have a small one planned...hopefully will be able to get it next summer. It will be my first and only. :smile:

This one, right? :devil:

n2R7mUE.jpg
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options
    Nope. People started getting tattoos to be different. Now almost everyone has one, so I'm different because I don't. And I like that. Besides, why give the authorities another way to identify you? :smokin:

People didn't start getting tattoos to be different. How narrow minded can you be? There are hundreds of reasons people get tattoos and not anywhere towards the top of the list is the simple "to be different." We're not 12 yr olds rebelling against our parents....for the most part.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Love a man with a good tattoo.

Prude.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Not really for me, mostly because I don't have anything going on that would make me want to put a permanent mark on my body.

And I've already got three- the dots used to align my torso for radiation therapy, not exactly something I have fond memories of.

Besides, I feel the 18 inches of scars on my torso tell my story better than any ink could.

In general, however, the only thing I ever tell people who say they want to get a tattoo is to wait a few months after they come up with a concept before actually getting their ink. That helps make sure it's still a good idea once the euphoria of the initial "hey, it'd be really cool to get a tattoo of _______" has worn off. Some impulse buys can be easily corrected, tattoos, not so much.
  • healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Nay for me.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options

How do you know what the behind everyone's tattoos are?
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I like a well-placed, well done piece, but more than anything it depends on the person it's on. If a woman has a real job, her bills paid, *kitten* in order and is actually old enough to have experienced life event worthy of ink... Supah Sexy!

If a woman has no job, lives with mommy, has outstanding debt and is using her CS payments to get huge pieces of meaningless nonsense inked on her body so she can be the "tattooed chick"... Gross, no matter how well done or expensive the time in the chair cost.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options

oh now that is a hard one.

Xmen would be more colorful but Mortal Kombat is just awesome.

I am having a similar delamar
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    they used to mean something, now you're just like everyone else....
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I'm needlephobic so I won't ever get one. I don't care if other people have them.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

Okay, tell me what other reason there would be? You get a tattoo but never show it off? What's the point of that? It's a decoration. And when it started not many people were doing it so you were different because your body was decorated. You stood out. It got you attention.
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Tattoos on women are unfeminine?

Alright, I will just leave this here

64567a44-b486-4e8c-baf4-4e6d77bd7632.jpg

My sis has a sleeve like this- its very beautiful and feminine. Personally though- I could never get one since I'm too indecisive. I have absolutely no idea what I would even want haha. I love well done pieces on others though.
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    For me, I love tattoos that have meaning. I don't really think that ANYONE enjoys having a bad tattoo, so I'll just go on assuming that we're talking about well-done pieces. They're works of art, that portray a part of a person's soul. Whether or not someone else likes the tattoo is highly irrelevant. If I want to adorn my body with my thoughts, feelings, and expressions, I will. I have one tattoo, and so many others that I want. Before I get anymore, however, I'm focused on losing weight. However, a new tattoo is one of my final rewards at the end of this journey. One to portray the dark times in my life and to remind me of what I discovered about myself and living.

Anyone who says that something like that is ugly or unfeminine can go suck a green egg while they put on their GOBS of makeup in an attempt to feel pretty.
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I think strategically placed tattoo's with meaning on a woman can be sexy. A woman covered in tattoo's not so sexy IMO.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options

oh now that is a hard one.

Xmen would be more colorful but Mortal Kombat is just awesome.

I am having a similar delamar

I've got one calf sleeve already dedicated to a nautical piece, so I'm stuck on whether to devote the other calf to the X-Men or MK. AHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options

Okay, tell me what other reason there would be? You get a tattoo but never show it off? What's the point of that? It's a decoration. And when it started not many people were doing it so you were different because your body was decorated. You stood out. It got you attention.

Do you do ANYTHING creative? I don't mean this as an insult (okay, well, maybe slightly), but if you do, then you should understand that you don't write, paint, create for anyone other than you. If someone likes it, then great. But if not, then who cares? I got my tattoo to symbolize my change, my growth, my never ending cycle of life. I didn't get it to show off, I didn't care if anyone else liked it.

Your assumption that ALL people get tattoos for attention is ridiculous. Tell me... is that why you get dressed in the morning? Why you put on makeup? All simply to get noticed?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I like em. Don't have any myself though. Have a bunch of money I set aside for one a long while ago, just never pulled the trigger since I can't decide upon anything meaningful enough to move forward with, nor can I decide on an area.

If I do, I'm thinking half sleeve, shoulder, chest combo potentially...
  • michknd
    michknd Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have 2, with at least 1 more planned.