Here are some of my tips!

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Good to know about Green Tea/Ginger Tea... I will have to try it.

That's your takeaway from this thread?
  • paulaaah
    paulaaah Posts: 60
    Options
    Advisory on Green Tea - I have hypothyroidism and must take a synthyroid every morning. I replaced my coffee with Green Tea one morning - within an hour, I had bad shakes and nausea. Green Tea can react with synthyroid medication (I don't think everyone has the reaction - it is a case of each individual.)

Otherwise, thanks for the tips. I may or may not follow them.

I have a friend that cannot drink Green Tea since she was diagnosed with a blood clot and was on warfarin or something like that. Sounds life dangering to me.

That is rare I'm assuming and like I stated, if someone sees a tip that they know is going to harmful to them then they would obviously take the precaution in not following it.

Or you can keep your "helpful tips" to your self until you've done a bit more research. Maybe you could have avoided a little less of this backlash. Whatevs. I suspect you will continue defending this ridiculousness until you ragequit.

I don't believe recommending to drink green tea is harmful. if everyone took into account every single disease in the world before posting something, there would be nothing left. people with celiac disease and gluten allergies have such strict diets it's not even funny.

btw, the person you were replying to wasn't specifically talking about the green tea. *smh*

I was replying to the second comment which they stated:

I have a friend that cannot drink Green Tea since she was diagnosed with a blood clot and was on warfarin or something like that. Sounds life dangering to me.
    [/quote]
  • paulaaah
    paulaaah Posts: 60
    Options
    WELL I totally give up lol some have agreed, most have not. I was born 12/01/1994 and have never lied or changed my birthday so I suppose out of everything put on here, that was the most ridiculous. This is just what worked for me and I feel a lot of you are bothered because it's more extreme than just cutting down on calorie consumption. But again, this is just what worked for me. It's FINE if you don't want to do it, I never said this was the only way to lose weight. You people seriously need to relax and back off my age, sorry I wasn't born sooner??? I have no idea lol anyway sorry I was just trying to help, sheesh, this site is more discouraging than helpful for me. Again, none of my tips are harmful if you do decide to try it so stop attacking me as if I was putting anyone in danger. If any of tips had the possibility of being dangerous to someone, I'm sure they would recognize that immediately and not attempt it. Okay? OK.

I totally understand now...you are the same age as my man child aka son...I get it now....

Everyone we need to just

NeIv2.gif

Anyone born in 1994 seems to have it all under control....

?? i'm so over people focusing on my age. so sorry I'm young, sorry you're old. these are just tips that worked for me. I lost 60 lbs and no matter my age that's a pretty big accomplishment.
    Well that was called for. And you think you of all people should be giving others advice? I think not.

her comment was not in any way less disrespectful than my own. her attempt to patronize me for being young was just as childish but okay.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

1. Yes they have lost weight but this does not mean they are healthy and I'm sure they had to REDUCE the amount of these processed foods SIGNIFICANTLY to achieve this.
    2. It is not irrelevant at all and I am living proof. It is not NECESSARY but helpful.
    3. IVE ALREADY STATED that this has worked for me and might work for others who haven't tried it but are stuck. It is proven that small meals throughout the day is more beneficial to ones metabolism than 3 large meals. It does not make a HUGE difference but it can take someone to that next level.
    5. Green tea helps diffuse bloating around the stomach area. Not kill fat, you're right but reduce bloating and flush out toxins that usually accumulate around that area.

Name a toxin, any toxin that the green tea will flush from your system.
    :laugh:

Okay, *now* I'm in...

...to see if this has been responded to yet.

Have a guess.....

DAGNABBIT!

:grumble:

And so my righteous and noble quest continues...

http://www.greenteaearth.com/2010/11/02/green-tea-for-cleansing-your-body-from-toxins/

do I win? it's in the 2nd paragraph.

Despite being an opinion without a single reference, I still didn't see the name of a single toxin that is cleansed/detoxed with this beverage that isn't otherwise eliminated normally.

So no, you don't win...

...and my quest continues.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    WELL I totally give up lol some have agreed, most have not. I was born 12/01/1994 and have never lied or changed my birthday so I suppose out of everything put on here, that was the most ridiculous. This is just what worked for me and I feel a lot of you are bothered because it's more extreme than just cutting down on calorie consumption. But again, this is just what worked for me. It's FINE if you don't want to do it, I never said this was the only way to lose weight. You people seriously need to relax and back off my age, sorry I wasn't born sooner??? I have no idea lol anyway sorry I was just trying to help, sheesh, this site is more discouraging than helpful for me. Again, none of my tips are harmful if you do decide to try it so stop attacking me as if I was putting anyone in danger. If any of tips had the possibility of being dangerous to someone, I'm sure they would recognize that immediately and not attempt it. Okay? OK.

I totally understand now...you are the same age as my man child aka son...I get it now....

Everyone we need to just

NeIv2.gif

?? i'm so over people focusing on my age. so sorry I'm young, sorry you're old. these are just tips that worked for me. I lost 60 lbs and no matter my age that's a pretty big accomplishment.
    Well that was called for. And you think you of all people should be giving others advice? I think not.

to be fair, if we can call her young, she can call us old. i don't find being older than someone to be an insult, just a statement of facts. there's a trillion other reasons she shouldn't be giving advice tho, like the fact that she doesn't know what she's talking about, regardless of age.

but yeah, i was young and thought i had all the answers at one time too. looking back, i was just lucky and dumb
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    WELL I totally give up

You keep saying this and yet you're still here. If you'd just let it go, the thread would die.

giphy.gif
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    seriously OP, just let it go and move on, anything in this thread beyond 11 pages ago is counter-productive to you. people make mistakes, and clearly what youre doing is working for you. i just hope you learned that weight loss is not a situation of one size fits all
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Bump----for insistance.
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I am sooo sorry that any of you would be that offended by me trying to post tips that are not harmful at all that could make a difference in someone's health and weight loss goals and then go as far as saying that I was forcing them on anyone when I was just trying to offer TIPS. Seriously, I was just trying to help so I have no idea how it even got to this point.

Don't worry about it :flowerforyou: The haters are going to hate regardless of what you say. They don't like hearing what has worked for others which is just fine. Let them struggle on. Congrats that you have found what works for you!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Everyone we need to just

NeIv2.gif

to be fair, if we can call her young, she can call us old. i don't find being older than someone to be an insult, just a statement of facts. there's a trillion other reasons she shouldn't be giving advice tho, like the fact that she doesn't know what she's talking about, regardless of age.

but yeah, i was young and thought i had all the answers at one time too. looking back, i was just lucky and dumb

eh old is all relative...being 40 isn't old...means I was 19 once and thought I knew it all too...that's why I have a 20 year old now...

Don't be sorry I wouldn't trade my last 20 years for your first 20...

If those tips worked so well then why did you hit a plateau and why are you developing an ED...???? see this is what age gives you..

the ability to forward think and dissect information and admit that "hey you know what, since you posted those studies and I read them, I have to admit that most of my tips are just bro science and I will have to rethink my stance on them, thank you for that information.".
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    seriously OP, just let it go and move on, anything in this thread beyond 11 pages ago is counter-productive to you. people make mistakes, and clearly what youre doing is working for you. i just hope you learned that weight loss is not a situation of one size fits all

She cannot let go of it. The internet forum ruin her day.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I am sooo sorry that any of you would be that offended by me trying to post tips that are not harmful at all that could make a difference in someone's health and weight loss goals and then go as far as saying that I was forcing them on anyone when I was just trying to offer TIPS. Seriously, I was just trying to help so I have no idea how it even got to this point.

Don't worry about it :flowerforyou: The haters are going to hate regardless of what you say. They don't like hearing what has worked for others which is just fine. Let them struggle on. Congrats that you have found what works for you!

Oh good. it isn't a thread without someone using the sophomoric phrase of "Haters gonna hate".

MFP Bingo. SO CLOSE!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

:laugh: Yeah we are all struggling!! See ticker below.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Everyone we need to just

NeIv2.gif

eh old is all relative...being 40 isn't old...means I was 19 once and thought I knew it all too...that's why I have a 20 year old now...

If those tips worked so well then why did you hit a plateau and why are you developing an ED...???? see this is what age gives you..

the ability to forward think and dissect information and admit that "hey you know what, since you posted those studies and I read them, I have to admit that most of my tips are just bro science and I will have to rethink my stance on them, thank you for that information.".

I wonder that too.

Credibility for giving advice went
    Grand_Canyon_Looking_out_the_window_at_Kolb_Studio_2.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Everyone we need to just

NeIv2.gif

For the bolded:

tumblr_luoxltKH9w1r6aoq4o1_500.gif
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n2r5s3pL3E1rznvc3o1_400.gif

Just because this is long over due and this thread needs a laugh.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Everyone we need to just

NeIv2.gif

I just caught up with this and I'm wondering the same thing. Because this reads to me as:

1. Lose weight with diet with all sorts of weird restrictions that have no basis in science as being helpful to weight loss beyond personal adherence.

2. Weight loss stops, develop eating disorder from either backlash against weird restrictions or need to be more restrictive to get weight loss started again.

OP, please get help. It's very possible that the tips you are giving out may have contributed to your ED.
  • jmv7117
    Options
    I have a liver in my body that does a great job of "eliminating toxins"- I don't need special tea to do it for me.

Your liver may not be working at optimal level. There are a wide range of drugs and toxic chemicals (ingested, airborn, absorption) that can affect how well your liver is working. Most commonly, both alcohol and acetaminophen are hepatotoxic. Unless you have had a liver panel screen done, you don't know if your liver is doing a great job eliminating toxins and even then, it is only working to that level at the time of the test.
  • jmv7117
    Options
    Im happy you all eat processed sugary/salty foods and still manage to lose weight. You all must be so proud. I will stick with my organic non-GMO, unrefined lifestyle and teas as I up my exercise regime and see what happens.

There is nothing at all wrong with your methods! They will get you into a lot less trouble than some of the other methods tooted here.
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Your liver may not be working at optimal level.

Magic green tea to the rescue?
    There is nothing at all wrong with your methods! They will get you into a lot less trouble than some of the other methods tooted here.

Liz-Lemon-Nope-Hipster-Nonsense-30-Rock.gif
This discussion has been closed.