Here are some of my tips!

Options

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Im happy you all eat processed sugary/salty foods and still manage to lose weight. You all must be so proud. I will stick with my organic non-GMO, unrefined lifestyle and teas as I up my exercise regime and see what happens.

There is nothing at all wrong with your methods! They will get you into a lot less trouble than some of the other methods tooted here.

OP has admitted to bingeing and purging, and starving herself.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Im happy you all eat processed sugary/salty foods and still manage to lose weight. You all must be so proud. I will stick with my organic non-GMO, unrefined lifestyle and teas as I up my exercise regime and see what happens.

There is nothing at all wrong with your methods! They will get you into a lot less trouble than some of the other methods tooted here.

As well as laxative abuse and over exercising.
  • lyrics09
    lyrics09 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    After 13 pages of this disaster.....I'm still stumped on--why promote a plan that caused you so much misery and hate for yourself that you had to go to a ED to try and feel better/accomplish your goal?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

All the while lying about her age and using an adult website. Did we cover it all?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

All the while lying about her age and using an adult website. Did we cover it all?

Haters.
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    let's get off the "my blood work is great, so I'm healthy" train.

So, how are we defining health then?

Health is generally defined as the absence of disease.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

eliminates the OP then...
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

Haters.

h79420CA4
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options

thats a poor definition. what about injury? virus's? parasites? infections?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I have a liver in my body that does a great job of "eliminating toxins"- I don't need special tea to do it for me.

Your liver may not be working at optimal level. There are a wide range of drugs and toxic chemicals (ingested, airborn, absorption) that can affect how well your liver is working. Most commonly, both alcohol and acetaminophen are hepatotoxic. Unless you have had a liver panel screen done, you don't know if your liver is doing a great job eliminating toxins and even then, it is only working to that level at the time of the test.

And how does green tea eliminate these?
  • momma2azoo
    momma2azoo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Tip- weight loss is highly individual. There are no absolutes and tips shouldn't be offered as such. If you're stuck, you might want to evaluate your tips.
    If you are at a plateau like myself or are just now beginning your journey, here is what I have noticed makes all the difference:

1. ***WHAT*** you eat (a 200 calorie homemade smoothie with good antioxidant/fiber filled fruits and green veggies is way better than a zero calorie coke zero) and avoid refined, processed, sugar/salty foods. If you want to take it to the next level, avoid the center aisles in the grocery store altogether except for wheat bread, quinoa, organic peanut butter (if you're like me and will love PB till the end of time) and white tuna in water!

-- I don't drink calories unless it's a treat (I love Starbucks). I like food. If I'm going to consume calories I want the satisfaction of eating. It's incredibly easy to over consume liquid calories. Give me whole fruits and veggies any day over a smoothie. I'll take my Coke Zero with my fruits and veggies too. If you like smoothies, fine. Be real about the calories.

I've also had no problem losing weight and eating junk food. In moderation. Our bodies don't know one calorie from another. If the bulk of your diet is healthy, having something unhealthy isn't going to be a deal breaker. I like my indulgences. They keep me sane.

2. WHEN you eat (try to avoid eating past 7 PM as food digest slower while you sleep)

-- This is total junk science and easily refuted. I eat after 7 daily so my family can eat dinner together.

3. HOW OFTEN you eat (5-6 small meals/snacks a day has proven to be more effective than 3 normal meals)

-- Also easily refuted junk science. I don't like little meals. They leave me feeling like I never got to eat anything. I eat 3 good meals and 2-3 snacks. I like to sit down, tuck in and feel comfortably full. Especially at the end of the day. Either way, meet calorie goals and macros and you're good. Don't over complicate things.

4. PRE-PLAN your meals. This is an option but has proven to be extremely effective! Fail to prepare, prepare to fail type attitude. Cooking your meals for the next day each night has helped many stay on track and buying a small cooler will insure that you follow your guidelines because now your food is traveling with you :)

-- I plan family meals on a 2 week cycle. That's as close as I want to come to pre determined food choices. More importantly, I always have healthy ingredients in hand. I can't pre plan meals too much. Never know what I'll be in the mood for or what I'll have time to make (life happens when you're busy making plans). Having a well stocked fridge and pantry lets me always have a healthy option easily available. Sometimes on spaghetti night I feel like tacos. So tacos it is.

5. GREEN TEA AND GINGER TEA are so extremely beneficial for people trying to lose weight especially around the tummy area! Not a cure or easy way out but green tea provides energy and speeds up metabolism. I buy 5 oz of tea leaves from my local tea store but organic bagged green tea is just as good :) ginger tea is good for after meals because it promotes digestion. Green tea can also be a replacement for people who are trying to not drink coffee as much.

-- Again, easily refuted junk science. Minimal benefit at best and more to overall health than any measurable weight loss. I've always loved and consumed a lot of (unsweetened) high quality green tea. I didn't loose weight until I kept the calories under control. Nothing spot treats belly fat.

If you are like me, exercise is not the issue but food might be :( I find I crave sugar so badly and carbs to the point where I have dangerous bingeing periods. I am trying to find self control and even though I have given you the advice above I have yet to master it myself. I am knowledgable but am weak as far as will power goes. So don't get discouraged if you see you aren't perfect at first. Just keep trying! I have good days and bad days and terrible days lol

-- Personally, I believe in moderation and flexibility. I have low cal days so I can have high cal days. I don't have any forbidden foods. I had a huge cheeseburger, fries and fried pickles over the weekend. I eat clean all week so I can enjoy junk on the weekend guilt free. May not work for everyone, but I'm rockin ' it. I'm 20lbs from goal and still loosing steadily. I've never stalled, I've never lost motivation. I don't buy into woowoo or junk science tricks. I eat a lot of good food and a little junk to keep cravings in check. I work out as hard as my body will let me (run 14.5 miles a week, cycle 50-60 miles per week, lift 3x per week). I don't cheat or try to delude myself.

It's calories in, calories out. Meet macros, don't sweat the little stuff. If you're healthy and you live an overall healthy lifestyle the weight will come off. It may take learning what a healthy life style really is, but that's a whole nother kettle of fish.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

all except 'life dangering'
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

all except 'life dangering'
    2499461-1394410947285.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

When I was a kid, we were not allowed to say "farted" when we, uh, farted, and our parents had us say "tooted" instead. Tooted. Hehee.

I've been watching this train wreck of a thread since yesterday, and started to chime in many times, then stopped myself. The one that almost got me in was to say, "you said tooted" tee hee hee. Now that someone else said it first, I will stop resisting and join in the insanity...

*Disclaimer - I have 3 and 5 year old boys and the toilet humor doesn't stop in my house...
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

I've never tooted any methods. You know what they say about he who smelled it...
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I kept thinking this thread was going to get booted, but I see it's still going so I figured now would be a good time to ask. This WHOLE STINKIN' THREAD has me completely and utterly dumbfounded. All I keep seeing is "stay in a deficit, eat whatever you want, keep within your macros and you will lose weight, don't follow these tips of healthy eating and drinking green tea and blah, blah, blah."

Umm WHAT? So how is eating cake and pie and ice cream and all the other crap that most have said on here beneficial to weight loss?? I have been eating endless veggies, lean meats, fish, fruit in moderation, and grains in moderation and I am still struggling to lose just 20 pounds. So tell me, how are all of those that say losing weight is 80% diet, and abs are made in the kitchen able to lose weight eating things that if I even touch goes right to my *kitten*? Do you exercise everyday for hours a day? I thought you can't out exercise a bad diet???

Sorry but this whole thing has me SO frustrated! 20 pounds is all I ask? Why is it so damn complicated???
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I kept thinking this thread was going to get booted, but I see it's still going so I figured now would be a good time to ask. This WHOLE STINKIN' THREAD has me completely and utterly dumbfounded. All I keep seeing is "stay in a deficit, eat whatever you want, keep within your macros and you will lose weight, don't follow these tips of healthy eating and drinking green tea and blah, blah, blah."

Umm WHAT? So how is eating cake and pie and ice cream and all the other crap that most have said on here beneficial to weight loss?? I have been eating endless veggies, lean meats, fish, fruit in moderation, and grains in moderation and I am still struggling to lose just 20 pounds. So tell me, how are all of those that say losing weight is 80% diet, and abs are made in the kitchen able to lose weight eating things that if I even touch goes right to my *kitten*? Do you exercise everyday for hours a day? I thought you can't out exercise a bad diet???

Sorry but this whole thing has me SO frustrated! 20 pounds is all I ask? Why is it so damn complicated???

Ummmm....my ice-cream is not crap.

Eating cake or ice cream is beneficial to my weight loss as I include it with fruits and veggies and other nutrient dense foods, and it helps adherence. Plus tasty. I still eat at a deficit which is how I lose weight. Win/win

And I do not exercise much. I lift weights and am a desk jockey.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

You probably need to start your own thread to ask for help.

But real quick -

Aside from mentioning that the less you have to lose, the longer it'll take (and changing your weight loss per week to 0.5-1lb/week)....

After looking at your diary, you don't log consistently and you need to weigh out your food versus measuring or counting out pieces (i.e. almonds).

But most of all. Consistency. Log everything you eat/drink and do it everyday.

And also...ice cream, cake and such isn't crap. If you've been eating crap, please seek medical and psychological assistance asap.
This discussion has been closed.